Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wild Blue: RLC Exclusive sELECTIONs ’41 Willys Gasser!

By Gary Barnum

Where did it come from? Released for the first time only last year, the ’41 Willys Gasser became the edition of choice by RLC members for our RLC sELECTIONs series. Pre-order yours beginning August 25, 2020, and remember – there are no purchase limits on this item.

Besides the opening hood casting, members voted for a few details. You chose Spectraflame ice blue, a vintage drag racing deco theme, and Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels for the front with Real Riders 5-spoke mag cheater wheels on the rear. HWC Van took your details and created this masterpiece! Better hang it in your collection.

Please note: Orders will be taken for approximately one week, and we will produce enough quantities to match the number of orders we receive – every RLC member should have the opportunity to order and receive one. This means the item is made-to-order; made-to-order items may not reach you for approximately one (1) year after placing your order. Your method of payment will be charged on the date you make your made-to-order purchase.

GDF81_Right_Face_800px.png

GDF81_Left_Face_800px.png

GDF81_Top_800px.png

GDF81_Front_800px.png

GDF81_Back_800px.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening hood
  • Body Color: Spectraflame ice blue
  • Deco: "WILD BLUE" and authentic sponsor logos in flame deco on sides; "Red Line" and pinstriping on rear
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Front: Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels; Rear: Real Riders 5-spoke mag cheater wheels with Hoosier tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Blue with painted details

Packaging:

• RLC blister in Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• RLC One-week Priority Window opens: 8/25/20 at 9 a.m. PT
  • Offer closes: 8/31/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • Available only to RLC members

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • No purchase limits
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Wild Blue: RLC Exclusive sELECTIONs ’41 Willys Gasser!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not looking forward to THAT day!

Maybe if we keep quiet, they won't notice...lol

seriously🏁

Share this comment

ARMATAZ

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, WINNER11 said:

Not looking forward to THAT day!

Maybe if we keep quiet, they won't notice...lol

seriously🏁

🥶

Edited by ARMATAZ
  • Like 1

Share this comment

cars4dylan

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, WINNER11 said:

If you had made the purchase from the SHOP, was it redirected through AMAZON? AMAZON PRIME members are eligible for FREE SHIPPING after a certain price threshold has been reached...depending on whether or not AMAZON is selling it or if one or more of their re-sellers are selling it and depending on what THOSE resellers' shipping policies are.

It's nice to have options for where to buy Hot Wheels products, but, it can be a confusing endeavor due to so many details around some of the transactions.🏁

Sorry...but...

wrong.gif.85869abc1ad5d71f4062880978e9ac28.gif

Amazon Prime shipping is ALWAYS free.  That's a Prime benefit.  The only thing impacted by price is how quick it can arrive.  Usually if you're in an immediate area of an Amazon hub you can day same or 1 day with +$35 amount.

Edited by cars4dylan
  • Like 1

Share this comment

16 hours ago, cars4dylan said:

Sorry...but...

wrong.gif.85869abc1ad5d71f4062880978e9ac28.gif

Amazon Prime shipping is ALWAYS free.  That's a Prime benefit.  The only thing impacted by price is how quick it can arrive.  Usually if you're in an immediate area of an Amazon hub you can day same or 1 day with +$35 amount.

My AMAZON PRIME makes me go to $25.00 for FREE SHIPPING, but, one doesn't need PRIME to get FREE SHIPPING sometimes when their resellers offer it. I have also had a number of transactions through PRIME that did not post FREE SHIPPING until I called them to correct their error AND their listing(s). They even gave me a monetary credit a few times for the trouble on top of that. 

I am not a big fan of AMAZON's pricing overall and generally stay aloof of them. Once in awhile I will see something I cannot get anywhere else and that's when I use them.🏁

Share this comment

WINNER11

Posted (edited)

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 2.06.30 AM.png

I think it was because I was dealing with resellers that I had trouble with FREE SHIPPING. I see what you are saying now. I am actually a guest PRIME MEMBER through my sweetheart's membership. Only because I don't go there that much.

Edited by WINNER11

Share this comment

Items being sold by resellers are not covered by PRIME. If AMAZON is the sole seller then PRIME MEMBERS benefit. Resellers must offer their own FREE SHIPPING.🏁

Hey, I think I'm getting there...

Share this comment

The problem existed for me when I placed items in their cart and was ready to check out and the shipping was not free...even though I am a guest PRIME MEMBER. Eventually, after calling them and explaining I did not want to go to the payment page until free shipping was confirmed. Somehow, along the way, they saw the issue and sent me refunds for shipping and gift credits.🏁

Share this comment

The last sELECTIONS vehicle that bore an individual serial # sticker was the 2018 Datsun 240Z sELECTIONS. 2020 is the 1st year that rewards points are awarded to each vehicle purchased which is a great gift on Mattels part. Reward points appeared 24 hours after I placed the order, at least in my case. Upfront payment was implemented for many reasons but primarily to avoid any debacle of invalid, expired or improperly updated c.c. information. It was not planned to dissuade massive purchases being there are no purchase limits. I don't doubt that someone out there pre-ordered mass quantities but this time it's not on Mattels dime. Mattel is into selling but is now wiser after they had encountered so many order cancellations for the Dirty Blondes just before they were set to ship earlier this year. That was inferred to me today when I asked about my order & the new pre-pay requirement. The inference had to do with the nightmare that ensued on Mattels end when it came time to bill & ship the DB's only to find out that they had to SPEND more man hours on orders where the payment info. was not properly updated by each respective account holder which created a headache while trying not to dis anyone in the process. It was a nice candid bit of logic & made sense to me.

Peace...

• Like 1

Share this comment

jakealex007

Posted

Greetings, 
Is there anyway of purchasing this without RLC on the Mattel website? Since I can't purchase an RLC membership, I can't purchase this vehicle, yet the send me emails to buy it 😞

Thanks

Share this comment

On 9/3/2020 at 1:53 PM, jakealex007 said:

Greetings, 
Is there anyway of purchasing this without RLC on the Mattel website? Since I can't purchase an RLC membership, I can't purchase this vehicle, yet the send me emails to buy it 😞

Thanks

this is a perk of the RLC membership.  the RLC is part of the HWC.  but RLC items are only available to RLC members.

in the past, there was some items the site offered, that were also available to HWC members as well but selections was never one of them..  sorry.

TAZ

Share this comment

BABYRAIDER

Posted

I still have not received my dirty blond  from m last years . I’m not about to order another and get burned again bunch of money for nothing

Share this comment