Mattel Hot Wheels Community

Wild Blue: RLC Exclusive sELECTIONs ’41 Willys Gasser!

By Gary Barnum

Where did it come from? Released for the first time only last year, the ’41 Willys Gasser became the edition of choice by RLC members for our RLC sELECTIONs series. Pre-order yours beginning August 25, 2020, and remember – there are no purchase limits on this item.

Besides the opening hood casting, members voted for a few details. You chose Spectraflame ice blue, a vintage drag racing deco theme, and Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels for the front with Real Riders 5-spoke mag cheater wheels on the rear. HWC Van took your details and created this masterpiece! Better hang it in your collection.

Please note: Orders will be taken for approximately one week, and we will produce enough quantities to match the number of orders we receive – every RLC member should have the opportunity to order and receive one. This means the item is made-to-order; made-to-order items may not reach you for approximately one (1) year after placing your order. Your method of payment will be charged on the date you make your made-to-order purchase.

GDF81_Right_Face_800px.png

GDF81_Left_Face_800px.png

GDF81_Top_800px.png

GDF81_Front_800px.png

GDF81_Back_800px.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening hood
  • Body Color: Spectraflame ice blue
  • Deco: "WILD BLUE" and authentic sponsor logos in flame deco on sides; "Red Line" and pinstriping on rear
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Front: Real Riders 5-spoke mag wheels; Rear: Real Riders 5-spoke mag cheater wheels with Hoosier tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Blue with painted details

Packaging:

• RLC blister in Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• RLC One-week Priority Window opens: 8/25/20 at 9 a.m. PT
  • Offer closes: 8/31/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • Available only to RLC members

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • No purchase limits
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Wild Blue: RLC Exclusive sELECTIONs ’41 Willys Gasser!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WILLIEB47

Posted

I will be ordering mines on the 1st day. Thanks for the 😎 article GARY.

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

RIVERWHEELS

Posted

....and numbered this year too. Interesting indeed!

Nice job on this one!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will there really be Reward Points?

Everyone says that there are never reward points on sELECTIONS models.

Just like what is written above, last year's article also said Reward Points, but none were given:

If none are to be given, please remove them from the above description.   (And feel free to delete this post too)

Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's no rewards points for sELECTIONS, I wonder how last year's article stayed there saying people would get 20 reward points, the same way as it's misleading this year. 🤔

• Confused 2
WINNER11

Posted (edited)

I will still get 3.🏁

Edited by WINNER11
  • Like 2
SCOTTYLSMITH

Posted

It says individually numbered. That's great, not like the gold Gasser from last year. Thanks RLC for going back to that!

JIMMEE442

Posted

YES, agree with those above:

* will there be rewards points?

* will this release be numbered?

I will order regardless, but please confirm/clarify.  Expectations are key in almost every transaction.

• Thanks 1

Yes please clear this up, if no reward point then remove it or just do not include it in the first place. This is false advertising, stating what a customer gets and then redacting it apon completed sale. 

Yet they are now charging you when the order is placed instead of when the order is shipped.  Reward points would be very nice seeing as getting somthing on sale days has not been very successful for me this year. 

• Like 1
Sugarcaddi

Posted

Awesome. Cant wait to get a couple of these.

JIMMEE442

Posted (edited)

This IS a beautiful car!  I hope the headers are turned, like they were on the '55 Gasser.

I'll order a BUNCH... & have to open one.

Edited by JIMMEE442
1971grnmav

Posted

It looks like it's going to be a really sharp model in real life !

SAMACE26

Posted

That 1941 willys gasser is awesome. 👍 I will be getting one. 👍

MIKE$TOY$

Posted

There won’t be rewards points, they’ll literally be giving away cars for free at the end of the year. 

RLC members did a excellent job on the design,Looks tough...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note that this year you have to pay up front... I imagine to slow down the guys that ordered a few hundred, presold them, collected the money for a year, and then paid Mattel.  

Also nice to see they are individually numbering them.  Regardless of how many are made, it is nice to know.

12 minutes ago, sdelia said:

Note that this year you have to pay up front... I imagine to slow down the guys that ordered a few hundred, presold them, collected the money for a year, and then paid Mattel.  

Also nice to see they are individually numbering them.  Regardless of how many are made, it is nice to know.

They are just pre selling them ahead of time. There are a ton on ebay right now. No one is asking a $150 this time though...😂

BEERCHAMP

Posted (edited)

Charging these from day one might keep the guys who want to buy 100 to think again, wow $2500 upfront from 1 member.

I'm still in for 2!

Edited by BEERCHAMP
WEASELFRED

Posted

I will be ordering one.....maybe two.

Schnauzer-pug

Posted

I'll buy a couple, but I don't expect them to be numbered or come with Rewards Points.

• Like 3
Northwest Diecast

Posted

In for 2, maybe 3? Gotta have one to open, one to keep carded, and maybe one for trade bait.

• Like 1
HWC Staff

Posted

JUST to confirm...

sELECTIONs Willys Gasser will NOT be numbered. As noted, these cars are never shipped in numbered packaging. 

But we ARE allowing Reward Points for this sale. That one is not a typo. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
CHEVELLE01

Posted

Can I use my $24.99 promo code that I was sent due to the Mustang situation that I still haven't used yet?