Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tootsie Roll’r: RLC Exclusive ’66 Super Nova™!

By Gary Barnum

This sweet edition of the ’66 Super Nova™ will have you drooling! For over 100 years, the Tootsie Roll has delighted kids of all ages. We pay tribute to this treat with an RLC Exclusive edition! Grab one at HWC on 2/18/20.

SOLD OUT

Not only does it feature deco reminiscent of the iconic candy, but this release comes in a tubular case, complete with an authentic-looking Tootsie Roll wrapper! A Spectraflame brown finish and Real Riders wheels finish off this delight. Pop one into your collection!

GDF91_c_19_003.png GDF91_c_19_002.png

GDF91_c_19_001.png GDF91_PIP_FE_19_001.png

IMG_3959.png IMG_3973.png

IMG_3961.png IMG_3960.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame brown
  • Deco: White roof w/ Tootsie Roll'r and authentic manufacturer logos on sides and painted engine details
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Front - Real Riders 5-spoke wheels; Rear - Real Riders slick drag wheels w/ Firestone tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Red w/ white roll bar

Packaging:

• Cylindrical Tootsie Roll® case with Tootsie Roll® wrapper in white box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,500)

Availability:

• Available Only to 2019 RLC Members (until item is sold out): 2/18/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per 2019 RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Tootsie Roll’r: RLC Exclusive ’66 Super Nova™!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

You will be,able to purchase more of these at the end of the year...with your bonus $$$$.

• Haha 1

Share this comment

bloodhound

Posted

Got mine after an hour. 

Share this comment

GFHRYAN34@YAHOO.COM

Posted

If they lift amount of time when would we know?

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, juke said:

I would recommend logging out.

Then clear your browser history and shut down and restart your browser

Then log back in and first go to make sure your credit card info is stored.  If no, re-enter it.

Then finally get back in the queue.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips, none of that worked. 

Tried different computer, with a different browser and different internet and still no luck.  I called Mattel and she looked at my account, and told me nothing was wrong, but then 30 seconds later it worked.  So who knows... 

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, sdelia said:

Thanks for the tips, none of that worked. 

Tried different computer, with a different browser and different internet and still no luck.  I called Mattel and she looked at my account, and told me nothing was wrong, but then 30 seconds later it worked.  So who knows... 

Glad it eventually worked for you.  

Since it's still available, I assume many others are also having site issues.

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted

52 minutes ago, juke said:

I thought it was due to the price.

But it may be the site issues.

I didn't have any issues at all, but I see that others did.

Or maybe a combination of price, site issues, and just general interest

I'm thinking it is site issues because if there was no interest why would it take 40 minutes to be brought into the checkout screen?  But you could be right.  Could be all of the above.  

Share this comment

I can't even find the buy it now to purchase.  

Share this comment

I just purchased mine almost 2 hours after the sale started. Very smooth process. Price was a bit steep, but this is one of my favorite castings. Still surprised that it was still available for purchase even at the price point. 

Share this comment

Took 2 hours 22 minutes. Called Mattel. Had 20 in front of me. Got person on other end. They had me sign out. Clear history. Log back into website logging into my account. 1 unit still in cart. Went to check out. Payment required re-entering information, keeping it as my default and added debit card to my account, allowed me to review order and check out successfully. Received confirmation # and $ removed from bank account instantly. Even though I received an email recently asking for re-imputing my payment information, which I did, apparently it didn't take. All I know is I followed the very nice ladie's instructions to the "t" while on the phone with each other and it worked perfectly after more than 2 hours of trying. Should still be available as I type this for those wanting to follow the instructions I left here, Adam, USN, disabled.

Share this comment

SnowmanNH

Posted

On 2/11/2020 at 6:31 PM, sdelia said:

Why does the stick show only 4704 units, but it then states each vehicle is one of 12500?

Which one is the real number?

It's just a reference not the actual one.... there are 12500 units of this RLC made... so thats teh real number dubba 🙂

Share this comment

Redlinerichie

Posted

I got mine today so happy, I love RLC.  MATTEL #1, way to go on the new purchase filter.  I love this car, so thank you once again.  #redlinerichie #mattelfreak #rlccollector 

• Like 1

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

Got me one in around 17 minutes. Had to re-enter my Credit Card info. I had took care of that the day before. Took a few minutes to find it, after re-entering it I got 1. 
🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1

Share this comment

I want to purchase a tootsie roll not wheel

Share this comment

16 hours ago, juke said:

I'm with you.

see ya

Share this comment

On 2/12/2020 at 1:22 AM, DAR1988 said:

12500. The 4704 was just for sample purposes. Ignore that number....

On 2/11/2020 at 7:19 PM, AL52025 said:

Lol hundreds? Ummm no it wont

image.png.c0e298f2f2418168ab2a1191f7dadd76.png

Share this comment

On 2/11/2020 at 7:19 PM, AL52025 said:

Lol hundreds? Ummm no it wont

image.png.be8ff8c58c4e092adfa6d56fa69aa73a.png

It is climbing.

Share this comment

TreasureHunterHW

Posted

My question is if they are limited to 1 per person. How is it possible for people to pre-sell them on eBay by the dozen? I can see some folks having multiple accounts 2 maybe 3 but when a person pre sells a car 40+ times is beyond my comprehension haha. Way to kill the "real collecting" joy or the hunt part of it. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I agree with treasurehuntrrhw! The RLC is not being run as a collecting opportunity but foremost as a business! As long as the target $$$$ are met, that's all they are concerned about! Why cut off the hand that feeds them??? I have not seen too many people speak up on this forum supporting the truth tellers! I applauded you for saying the way it is! Let's hope they reduce the production numbers and make it harder for the Mattel connection to unload on e-bay! Happy collecting!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Passed on it so others could enjoy their candy. To me, plain is where it is at, personally speaking. QC also left questions after the inconsistent paint quality of the Chevy c-10. It was beautiful in the picture until it was in hand with abrasions in the paint. Gonna hopefully rejoin the RLC Club although 2 of the 5 upcoming 2020 releases catch my eye, the 'Rock-Crawler' Willy's & oddly the '71 De Tomasa Mangusta & possibly the re-hash of the '32 Ford 5-Window(the black repaint on the Lamborghini & the 510 bluebird are simply redundant, imo) Everyone is entitled to their opinion & no disrespect intended. Nearly 20 years in the club. Although it is nice to let them catch some air I prefer a nice blister carded offering, like the old days. IMO, the 2020 Nissan club car is done super nice, so much nicer than that black Camaro, imo. A sweet sixteen casting suffered from over-kill, unfortunately.

I wonder what is gonna happen now that Mattel has closed 3 production plants thus far & plans to out source much of their product... I hope that they stay focused on the 'Premium RLC Brand' with the same same tenacity that they are now devoting to the broader, societal & cultural Barbie offerings. I, personally, hope that inferior QC control does not make a return & we are not haunted by the issues the members incurred in past delays...

Share this comment

I did not known they closed three plants......Out sourcing in the auto industry  increased recalls ten fold. The paint quality on the main lines really hit the skids this last year! Maybe it may be a good thing! I predict they will be stopping the production of drag buses this year. The most expensive HW to produce!

Share this comment

Regarding plant closings. I, personally, hope that it does not bring back the QC issues that the RLC incurred during the periods from 2012 through 2015 & 2016 through 2018. Personally, the back orders that seemingly lasted years & caused the extension of the RLC memberships twice were not as great of an issue as long as when we received the b/o products without paint & assembly flaws. IE., the '67 Gulf Camaro that was on b/o for 15 months or so only to show up with innumerable paint & tampons flaws. That was a major downer & there were only 4,500 of them produced. These increased numbers along with plant closings can pose a real problem. Just 5 or 6 years ago Mattel had built at least 2 new plants reduce the pressure of out sourcing to other manufacturing plants that were producing other, completely different brands of diecast. These additional factories were built so that Mattel could keep up with the 'ever-increasing' diecast product lines & price points while at the same time keeping things from getting all mixed up. Only time will tell now that many thousands will be newly un-employed as that Mattel can maintain &/or increase their bottom line with the implementation of their new model similar to the model that the 'Transformer's' company switched to to maintain their market viability. Sadly, as previously stated it seems that the collector has become a foot note compared to the desire to fill the vault. The higher production numbers definately reduce the extended value. The 3 to 5 thousand produced of each casting in the past seemed to be the sweet spot but it is known that anything below the 5K mark is not worth the time. Respectfully speaking it has has been said or known to be said that it is simply not worth the effort to produce anything in low numbers. Not numbering the RLC cars as had been done for some 18 years is sure to have a cumulative effect but again if folks think that diecast of any sort is a retirement plan then they will have a rude awakening..... respectfully submitted

Share this comment

CAPTAINCHEIF2

Posted

Now the points for this should count on next Christmas rewards.  Points that are wasted, wont be counted on account.  

Share this comment

BABYRAIDER

Posted

One Question when is a mattel going to start shipping these out to us they hit my CC as soon as I ordered then nada after that, any time lines given yet as to shipping dates

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted

1 minute ago, BABYRAIDER said:

One Question when is a mattel going to start shipping these out to us they hit my CC as soon as I ordered then nada after that, any time lines given yet as to shipping dates

Shipping of the Tootsie Roll'r?  I just received mine today.  

Share this comment