Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tootsie Roll’r: RLC Exclusive ’66 Super Nova™!

By Gary Barnum

This sweet edition of the ’66 Super Nova™ will have you drooling! For over 100 years, the Tootsie Roll has delighted kids of all ages. We pay tribute to this treat with an RLC Exclusive edition! Grab one at HWC on 2/18/20.

SOLD OUT

Not only does it feature deco reminiscent of the iconic candy, but this release comes in a tubular case, complete with an authentic-looking Tootsie Roll wrapper! A Spectraflame brown finish and Real Riders wheels finish off this delight. Pop one into your collection!

GDF91_c_19_003.png GDF91_c_19_002.png

GDF91_c_19_001.png GDF91_PIP_FE_19_001.png

IMG_3959.png IMG_3973.png

IMG_3961.png IMG_3960.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame brown
  • Deco: White roof w/ Tootsie Roll'r and authentic manufacturer logos on sides and painted engine details
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Front - Real Riders 5-spoke wheels; Rear - Real Riders slick drag wheels w/ Firestone tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Red w/ white roll bar

Packaging:

• Cylindrical Tootsie Roll® case with Tootsie Roll® wrapper in white box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,500)

Availability:

• Available Only to 2019 RLC Members (until item is sold out): 2/18/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per 2019 RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Tootsie Roll’r: RLC Exclusive ’66 Super Nova™!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Dustyb1987

Posted

Why such high production???? Gives more people a chance but a premium rlc car should be highly collectible and rare. At 12,500 its almost just a super 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

My O C D won't let me pick and choose I want them all  good luck all

15815966059922058779680206131084.jpg

Share this comment

DASPOTTER

Posted

Awesome, keeping this one!BlogHeader_HWC_GDF91_Flash_Sale.jpg.2ed56fe590e255ea99b755d062121435.thumb.jpg.7f8f5718f57afdacce71138e58b8e911.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment

When you have members saying, "Take my money" these types of things start to happen.  I remember when the mirror $9.99 paint wasn't good enough. So it was pushed to $14.99.  Wait,  how did it get pushed to $19.99?  $24.99?  $29.99?  What next $35 for a car?   You guys just keep shoveling them money!  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

hope wife & I can both get one.  

my co-worker said SHE used to race a Nova like that!  i was very impressed.

Share this comment

LARRYROCHACZ@AOL.COM

Posted

You guys are getting crazy with these prices for something that costs you less than a dime to make.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

These forums are always filled with cry babies. This is a licensed model with a licensed trademark, not to mention new packaging. Naturally this would cost more. If the price is too high for you then just don't buy it, it's that simple. More for me 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Roll it on home to me!

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 2/12/2020 at 3:20 AM, DAR1988 said:

At 12500 there is no way it will get into the hundreds.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:19 PM, AL52025 said:

Lol hundreds? Ummm no it wont

I think they might've meant hundreds as in quantity being sold, rather than the price. However, that's just my 2 cents 😁👍

Share this comment

6 hours ago, LARRYROCHACZ@AOL.COM said:

You guys are getting crazy with these prices for something that costs you less than a dime to make.

Less than A dime???? Don't be ridiculous.🙄🙄🙄 That is absolutely not true. 

If you don't like the price, don't buy it that simple. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

EROCC     you are so right,  people do not understand everyone has their hand out,  if you use my logo you pay me ,  me like this one will be trying for sure 

Share this comment

I am hoping I get one and the website plays ball because it doesn’t seem to at the moment 

Share this comment

super awesome! :-) idea + execution = great! +++ but yes 30$ are pretty high tough.

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

23 hours ago, Sugarcaddi said:

My O C D won't let me pick and choose I want them all  good luck all

15815966059922058779680206131084.jpg

Nice display. I like. Thanks for sharing. Will try for 1 TOOTSIE ROLL.

🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

Share this comment

The prices are going up and the production #'s are increasing too! Let's hope the detail and quality are getting better!!!  At $29.00 I would be more excited if the production numbers were less than 10,000. The good news we can purchase a second car at the end of the year with points earned! I feel compelled to get in line on Tuesday....good luck ladies and germs!

15816857683804269603802796156334.jpg

Share this comment

DASPOTTER

Posted

Hey Supply & Demand; Still Cheaper Than eBay!!   I still prefer the Clam Shell over the box, Easy to View Protection.  But it's Ok.2039455960_2019RLCMembership3.thumb.jpg.62a8be783df4f27d029764d379a07ce6.jpg 

Share this comment

Matchboxjoe

Posted

Very cool Mattel a beautiful piece a little spendy but worth it, keep up the great work Mattel.

Share this comment

Red_beard9

Posted

It's the most expensive Tootsie Roll I've ever seen, it's also really cool. I'm definitely gonna try to pick one up on Tuesday. 

Share this comment

Looks great but 30 dollars? That's means close to 40 shipped. Where's the extra 5 dollars? In that wrapper I could do without?

Share this comment

RIVERARITO@GMAIL.COM

Posted

What size is this???

Share this comment

FASTEDDIE!!!

Posted

On 2/13/2020 at 9:43 PM, DAR1988 said:

Less than A dime???? Don't be ridiculous.🙄🙄🙄 That is absolutely not true. 

If you don't like the price, don't buy it that simple. 

RLC cars are made in China. I bet they're not much more than a dime. It'll probably come with the coronavirus to. Don't forget to lick your fingers after touching it.😂

Share this comment

FASTEDDIE!!!

Posted

Well, it's easier to get than a Super Treasure Hunt that you'll never find in a case of Hot Wheels because their employees steal them all and sell them on eBay. For a premium price! Cheaper to! There are still stupid people buying Super Treasure Hunts off eBay from Malaysia. They're retards. Too much money. Or their YouTube a$$hats that Mattel sends them free Super Treasure Hunts. Lamley! goes to show more money you make "YouTube cash" more free stuff you get!  the value of Hot Wheels the value of Hot Wheels Will go down. Quality isn't there. There are so many. Great diecast out there these days. I don't know why people go all out. Over these unaccurate pieces from Hot Wheels. Mattel needs to stop. The thieves bootlegging Super Treasure Hunts on eBay Before people quit buying them all together. And if you don't think that will happen. I think it will. Why collect Hot Wheels that have no value except for sentimental value? There are so many of them out there You don't. Even know how many they made. Hundred of thousands compared to other diecast that only make a couple thousand. Boycott, Malaysia eBay sellersScreenshot_2020-02-12-23-18-45.png.2e0536496708cc660c9d5398cfcec0d6.pngScreenshot_2020-02-12-23-18-56.png.ad6ba2885902066948e413bb39eedae0.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-18-32.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-17-58.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-22-10.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-34-14.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-35-18.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, FASTEDDIE!!! said:

Well, it's easier to get than a Super Treasure Hunt that you'll never find in a case of Hot Wheels because their employees steal them all and sell them on eBay. For a premium price! Cheaper to! There are still stupid people buying Super Treasure Hunts off eBay from Malaysia. They're retards. Too much money. Or their YouTube a$$hats that Mattel sends them free Super Treasure Hunts. Lamley! goes to show more money you make "YouTube cash" more free stuff you get!  the value of Hot Wheels the value of Hot Wheels Will go down. Quality isn't there. There are so many. Great diecast out there these days. I don't know why people go all out. Over these unaccurate pieces from Hot Wheels. Mattel needs to stop. The thieves bootlegging Super Treasure Hunts on eBay Before people quit buying them all together. And if you don't think that will happen. I think it will. Why collect Hot Wheels that have no value except for sentimental value? There are so many of them out there You don't. Even know how many they made. Hundred of thousands compared to other diecast that only make a couple thousand. Boycott, Malaysia eBay sellersScreenshot_2020-02-12-23-18-45.png.2e0536496708cc660c9d5398cfcec0d6.pngScreenshot_2020-02-12-23-18-56.png.ad6ba2885902066948e413bb39eedae0.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-18-32.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-17-58.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-22-10.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-34-14.png

Screenshot_2020-02-12-23-35-18.png

I put more blame on the people buying the stuff. They know better and they are fueling the market. It will never stop until those buyers get smart. Glad I never fell for the whole super treasure hunt thing....it is what it is. Buy what you like, buy in moderation , don't buy for future value but for the fun of it and display and your life will be better for it......

Enjoy....

Edited by DAR1988
  • Like 1

Share this comment

FabrizioPiazze

Posted

Take mah money!
I will definitely try for this one, if I get it that is going right to my gasser shelf

Share this comment