Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time to Vote: Collectors’ Choice 2022 Mainline Muscle Mania Mini Collection

By Gary Barnum

We’re trusting you with the final decision. As we plan the 2022 Mainline Muscle Mania Mini Collection, we’re turning to you to vote for 10 of the 20 options below. What will it be?

Tell us which of these castings you want to see. It might be hard to narrow down your choices. Visit our Collectors’ Choice poll to place your votes, and the 10 strongest finishers will appear in the 2022 Mainline Muscle Mania Mini Collection.

Don’t hesitate! Voting opens at 9:00 a.m. PT on 10/9/20 and ends at 12:00 p.m. PT on 10/16/20.

To participate:

1. Sign in with your membership here at HWC.
  2. Check out the list (and corresponding silhouettes) to decide which of these popular castings you wanna see in the Muscle Mania Mini Collection.
  3. When you’re ready to vote, follow the “2022 Collectors’ Choice Poll” link below and choose up to 10 of your favorites. And remember to click the “Submit” button after you’ve made your picks!

Here are your 20 options for 2022:

69Mustang2+2Fastback_L9942.jpg
’65 Mustang 2+2 Fastback

68MercuryCougar_BDD08a.jpg
’68 Mercury Cougar

69CamaroConvertible_CFJ18.jpg
’69 Camaro™ Convertible

69COPOCamaro_GML22.jpg
’69 COPO Camaro™

69DodgeCharger500_CFH22.jpg
’69 Dodge Charger 500

FordGranTorinoSport_T9672.jpg
’72 Ford Gran Torino Sport

84MustangSVO_W3777.jpg
’84 Mustang SVO

12COPOCamaro_BDC72.jpg
’13 COPO Camaro™

15DodgeChallernerSRT_CFH12.jpg
’15 Dodge Challenger SRT

15DodgeChargerSRT_DHP15.jpg
’15 Dodge Charger SRT

BlvdBruiser_T9704a.jpg
Blvd. Bruiser

CustomOtto_GHD11.jpg
Custom Otto

DMuscle_CFH10a.jpg
D-Muscle

FordShelbyGT350R_DHP04.jpg
Ford Shelby GT350R

MuscleBound_FYB77.jpg
Muscle Bound

MuscleTone_CFK27a.jpg
Muscle Tone

RodgerDodger_DFL87.jpg
Rodger Dodger

SSExpress_N6947.jpg
SS Express

StreetShaker_T9719.jpg
Street Shaker

Twinduction_T9708.jpg
Twinduction

Ready to roll? Click below to cast your votes:

2022 Collectors’ Choice Poll

Thanks for participating with your votes—we appreciate the help. We look forward to the results of your choices!

Wanna see how all your favorites finished last year? Check out the full results from 2019 (for the 2021 Muscle Mania Mini Collection) here

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, MOPAR, Plymouth, RAM, SRT, HEMI and related logos, vehicle model names and trade dress are trademarks of FCA US LLC and used under license by Mattel, Inc. © 2020 FCA US LLC.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Time to Vote: Collectors’ Choice 2022 Mainline Muscle Mania Mini Collection
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 10/6/2020 at 6:21 PM, Hot rod said:

I VOTED.65 mustang fastback.69 dodge charger 500 a must.

Totally agree!! 👍

• Like 2

Share this comment

SLMREESES

Posted

I am also very disappointed with the choices of cars you give us to choose from. If your really interested in our true opinion then you really need to listen you keep giving us the same items to choose from. To me You already have you mind made up. You need to let us pick the cars not choose what you give us to pick. This is my opinion sorry if this upsets anybody at Mattel but you seriously need to listen to us we're the people buying the stuff that you make. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

2 hours ago, SLMREESES said:

I am also very disappointed with the choices of cars you give us to choose from. If your really interested in our true opinion then you really need to listen you keep giving us the same items to choose from. To me You already have you mind made up. You need to let us pick the cars not choose what you give us to pick. This is my opinion sorry if this upsets anybody at Mattel but you seriously need to listen to us we're the people buying the stuff that you make. 

Which castings did you want?

It's not so simple as how to make it out to be. The planning that happens to produce the mainline every year is a logistical nightmare per what has been stated by the design and marketing team. If Mattel gave you free reign to pick what you wanted, what would happen if those cars were not available to be used during the timeframe that car needs to be produced? What would happen if they couldn't secure the licensing for one of your choices? What would happen if the tools for the car were worn out and obsolete? What if the car was already being used somewhere else?  

The options Mattel presented in their poll are the cars that are currently available for them to use during specific timeframes in 2022.

• Like 3

Share this comment

can some one do a mustang GT350 R with real riders..

and maybe hot wheels can do a 79 trans am....

• Like 3

Share this comment

I want all of them, alongside some new ones, such as the 1984-1988 Chevrolet Nova, in both notch back sedan/saloon form and hatchback form (it is related to the Toyota Corolla, Toyota Corolla Levin, and the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno, so enough said), a 1973 Ford Mustang Mach 1 police car, preferably in completely accurate Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department livery), a 1971 or 1972 AMC Javelin police car, in single dome light, double dome light, and light bar styles, a remake of the 1977 Police Car, a.k.a., Plymouth Fury, from Hot Wheels, only this time with actual doors, lights, and a Plymouth logo on top of the front grille, a more detailed front grille, an early Maisto/Tonka police car style three color oval light bar, which is typically a red light, a blue light, and a white section that is underneath both lights, as opposed to the hideous metal and too tiny single color plastic light bar style from back in the day, a 1998-2002 Mercury Cougar, some style of a Chevrolet Biscayne, with the 1958, 1966, and 1969 variants being the best ones to use, a 1977 Chevrolet Impala, both in civilian and police forms, a 1977 Chevrolet Bel Air, both in civilian and police forms, a 1972 Chevrolet Bel Air, both in civilian and police forms, an Equus Bass 770, an Equus Throwback, a Chevrolet Callaway C4 Corvette Sledgehammer, a Ford Shelby F-150 Super Snake, a Ford Shelby Mustang Super Snake, a Ford Shelby 1000, and that is all that I can think of at the moment.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Font_Kustoms

Posted

I'd love to see more models haven't appeared on the Mainline before. That's why a voted for the '84 Mustang SVO, '69 COPO Camaro and the SS Express. Besides, I think they are very interesting models and fit well on the Muscle Mania segment.

There're HW Originals (like the Custom OTTO, Blvd. Bruiser, Muscle Bound etc.) that are cool too.

Regards.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1971grnmav

Posted

The SS Express And the Custom Otto would be my #1 & #2 picks  but  there's really  a lot of favorite castings here!

• Like 1

Share this comment

GLENB1958

Posted

I voted, would of been nice to see the Super Bird, Super Bee, Nova.

• Like 3

Share this comment

JOECRR

Posted (edited)

Let me guess, I bet most of you didn't even give one of the fantasy castings a vote?

Edited by JOECRR
  • Like 3

Share this comment

Scootereed

Posted

Can we see the results 

• Like 1

Share this comment

RonnieWheels

Posted

Pretty disappointing selection of cars. You could definitely use this time to make new muscle car castings there heaps out, why stick to the same old models. Design some Australian models, you could 5 Australian 5 America, would be wild  

• Like 1

Share this comment

Read a few comments that mirrored my sentiments to the "T!" Voted for cars that maybe aren't real, but, to many listed that have had the spotlight on them for years. Only 2 I voted for that actually exist in real life, the '72 Ford Gran Torino Sport and the SS Express. Other 8 aren't real but get no attention, unlike most listed that have been done countless times one way or another. MANY voiced they like seeing the Custom Otto listed and voted for it as I did to. This casting is starting to really pick up steam with collectors (unlike all the JDM and Gassers) and "true" collectors are really grateful to start seeing more versions of it being done to collect. It really is a nice casting and would look super cool as a real car by one of the automotive manufacturers. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

I also voted for SS Express and Custom Otto. A few others were Muscle Tone , Blvd Bruiser, and Convertible Camaro. I would love to see the results!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Bring the '69 Ford Torino Talladega back! That is a SIIIIIICK! Casting

• Like 2

Share this comment

There are a couple cool choices,  and I mean that, a couple.  70% of these castings are so overdone now. Burnt to the max. Can we use different cars? Instead of throwing same cars into mix every other year? Let's give it some pop guys... PONTIAC,  Chrysler, maybe a different ford other than mustang's and the torino. Possibly an AMC. Jeez

• Like 2

Share this comment

SEAMOORE

Posted (edited)

I voted, but to be straightforward, there's probably none that I'll actually buy unless the color/graphics are completely amazing. Muscle Tone, maybe.

Edited by SEAMOORE

Share this comment

Walltrin23

Posted

I voted, Custom Otto and Blvd Bruiser #1 and #2. Would have liked to see the 67 GTO....It's been absent for a while. Also the Corvette Stingray Concept and Hudson Hornet would have been a nice choice. Hopefully these models will be making a comeback soon!

• Like 1

Share this comment

JOECAR, I like the fantasy castings as well, but I also said that I honestly cannot choose which vehicle to vote for, as they are all good ones, regardless of them being real vehicles or fantasy vehicles.  I also gave some ideas on some vehicles that I do not think that Hot Wheels, Matchbox, OR Tonka/Maisto have made in 1:87, or any other, scale.  I wonder if you like any of the ideas that I suggested for some new castings  for one of the Mattel toy car companies that should try to make with their vehicles?

• Like 1

Share this comment