Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Special Kmart Collector Day HW Cases at Kmart & Online

By Tara Zucker

Can't make it to the Kmart Collector Day event on November 7? Get cases packed with special colors and First-To-Market Hot Wheels releases at Kmart.com.

Attending the event in person is great, but if you can’t be at a participating Kmart on November 7, you can still get the goods. Visit Kmart.com to order your special cases online. Here are the special releases for these cases:

Special Colors

f2584d9c-2ee4-4ac7-905a-b43a85037057.Large.jpg?1

204af9c4-68b1-429c-ae9a-443c760719f2.Large.jpg?1
'70 Chevy Chevelle – Speed Team
(Hilite green)

'71 Buick Riviera – HW Performance
(Base blue)

853a6296-dc6d-48be-898c-3026f598cdef.Large.jpg?1

0237616b-ef3d-4bbe-8129-325850230e74.Large.jpg?1
'71 Datsun Bluebird 510 Wagon – Night Burnerz
(Black)

Subaru B.R.A.T. – HW Hot Trucks
(Sandy brown)

First-to-Market

39d3bcc5-ac1a-4610-9b49-848251f37ed0.Large.jpg?1
'41 Willys – HW Flames
(Dark blue)

c4adc577-b7d4-4b31-b734-e447660af197.Large.jpg?1
Aston Martin 1963 DB5 – Then and Now
(Red)

c2403fdb-52c9-4f72-bd0b-665f58ae3c31.Large.jpg?1
Volkswagen Caddy – HW Showroom
(Red)

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Theoretically you can order online from Kmart. I have tried seveal times, and each time it won't accept my Credit Card info.

Share this comment

What are the rules suppose to be? I've heard different stories from people that went before.

Share this comment

if you order online now but they don't ship until K day will they be eligible for the mail in. In other words what will the receipt be dated?

Share this comment

I will be heading to my local Kmart this Saturday for the event with the family. I hope this event is nothing like the last Kmart Exclusive event I attended, two blue totes on the floor with the Hot Wheels Kmart Color cars just thrown in and cards were damaged and cars were tossed in the totes that did not even belong. I made contact with Mattel about this, one person emailed me back and said they are sending my email to someone else. Fingers are crossed I can find mint condition cars.

Share this comment

hmm, where is the list of participating stores?

Share this comment

If you plan to order cases from Kmart online......you better check the fine print...in the past, online orders were NOT eligible for any of the mail in promotions.

Share this comment

Guest HWjohnny

Posted

If any body knows what super and regular treasure hunts are and what case they might be in

Share this comment

if you online order you MUST wait until AFTER midnight Pacific time to order otherwise they do not count the order. Other option is order early and have it delivered to the store. then pick it up and then return it and re-purchase it.

Share this comment

Super has been reported as the Hudson Hornet.

Share this comment

Guest papunparguera

Posted

What a lost of time!!! I woke up early and got ready to visit my local K mart all because of the K MART HOT WHEELS DAY EVENT. I am not a health man but took time to talk to my daughter just to asked her to take me there for the event. What a disappointment! Nothing at all!!!!!! Not even in the pegs!!! Lost my time , as always , with this store and the others in a 25 miles ratio. Yauco, Ponce, Aguadilla, San German, all this stores in Puerto Rico, USA. Not a single new case or car. Looks like their EMPLOYEES did it again. Hoarding!!!!! Its been a long time since I found a new car. The ones I get I had to over pay someone on the store to get it on the parking lot. And then we ask why there are less collectors out there? Collecting should be something to give you pleasure , relaxing and enjoyable. But lately is all frustration. I stopped collecting for this same reasons years ago and wanted to just try again, but it think I will quit this time for sure. At my age and health can't take that risk. Got out of my bed for nothing! Well, at least I took a ride and spent some time with my daughter. A big disappointment indeed. Local K Mart in Puerto Rico sucks!

Share this comment

We tried twice today to see the special Kmart event. Personnel didn't know anything about it. We went back a second time, there were 3 plastics totes in the corner at the service desk, and they said the event was over ! We were looking for the Collector box of 50 that was advertised. Nope. We tried to make a purchase online at kmart.com....nope. not listed anywhere on their website. Disappointed and disgusted. Misleading advertisement for sure.

Share this comment

I stoped going to the shows years ago two resons. People are crazy and lot of kmarts have closed wonder why hmm..I just order the cases online now its fast easy I just sit right at home and dont have to step into a kmart .and if u order online they have diffrent rewards u can do I usally for a case pay 36 bucks free ship and money off. At kmart its 1.09 a car and a pain in my butt. Ha ha. Come on u all feel the same way. Anyways keep hunting them cars..thanks

Share this comment

Guest captainchief2

Posted

Traveled 45 miles to the closest KMart for the Hot Wheels promotion, 16 cases of hot wheels and 19 people. My son, myself and an older gentleman watched while the locals opened and traded amongst themselves. After10-15 minutes of waiting patiently we left, empty handed. We had to travel another 20 miles to another KMart to find a few out on a table. Thanks for nothing Pekin Illinois K-Mart.

Share this comment

Hot Wheel Collector since I was seven. Second KMART Hot Wheels Exclusive Event I attended in recent months. First one...I posted about the two blue totes under a display (much like the post from Jcolby5) and no one in site from Hot Wheels or Mattel. I emailed Mattel personally and one staff member replied and told me she was sending my email to another department. I have never heard from anyone. I brought my kids to this Exclusive Event. This time, the Hot Wheels KMART color cars were tossed on a table and there were Hot Wheels hats. I collected five out of the seven cars I needed for my collection, bummed out. Again, no one from Hot Wheels or Mattel around. In time Collectors will fade out and its a shame.

Share this comment

Are the cars free at the event or do you have to pay for them?

Share this comment

You have to pay for them. Like iv posted before here its a pain to go to kmart does not work out easy to buy the case online ofcoures it takes 6 takes to get shiped 4hrs away. Kmart thing of the past for long.

Share this comment

Guest hoppinmadd20151572370252

Posted

I agree with papaunparguera from PR,USA. I have the same problem here at the local Kmart on GUAM, yes USA, not a foreign country. It should be fun but sometimes it is totally disappointing because of lack of support. They NEVER support or participate in the K-MART HOT WHEELS events. Glad to see that this site accepts negative comments and hopefully try to fix it. I have thousands of hot wheels because most I get from stateside friends and relatives and overseas. Hope this won't be my first and last reply. If so, oh well, there are plenty of other places to shop. Wish me good luck.

Share this comment

Went to Kmart in Thornton Sat morning. No event whatsoever, the regular shelves were even stripped bare!

Share this comment

Guest 52316128

Posted

? on my latest return to K-Mart. (a duplicate 36-pack of Collectors bundle Nov 2015 Hot Wheels cars). Printed forms on the computer for online return, but when I took package to UPS -- they said I didn't have the correct return label, and was told I had to pay for 'Return Shipping' -- I paid about $9.69 est. The address I used was: Kmart , Returns Dept., 1825 W Ferry Rd, Naperville IL 60563-9699. when I got home I found another Return Shipping Address: This one was: 3333 Beverly Rd, G Dock, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179. ???????? I mailed package at UPS 5002 Pflaum Rd, Madison Wi 53716. I would have rather returned item at the nearest K-Mart Store. --- I hope I get my money back, with postage of $10.
Kathy R

Share this comment