Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Serious Heat: Exclusive Target 2020 Red Editions!

By Gary Barnum

What’s red hot and belongs in your collection? The Target-exclusive Hot Wheels Red Edition mini collection vehicles! Start the smolder for 2020 now with Mainline Mix C at your local Target store.

Look for a total of 12 Red Edition releases throughout the year, with three vehicles in four different mixes. We figure you’ll be burning for this information, so here’s what to look for in the first two mixes. The first three editions should begin to appear in December.

2020 Target Red Editions Mix C Checklist (December 2019):

GHG69_PIP.png
Indy 500 Oval

GHG75_PIP.png
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

GHG72_PIP.png
Gotta Go

2020 Target Red Editions Mix H Checklist (April 2020):

GHG71_PIP.png
Bone Shaker

GHG74_PIP.png
Aston Martin Vulcan

GHG70_PIP.png
Tooligan

2020 Target Red Editions Mix C Checklist (December 2019):

• Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
  • Gotta Go
  • Indy 500 Oval

2020 Target Red Editions Mix H Checklist (April 2020):

• Aston Martin Vulcan
  • Bone Shaker
  • Tooligan

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

BADBOYJIM

Posted

What Mattel needs to think about is making some Super's for the Target cars with some of these models, that would really cool and collectible.

Share this comment

OUTLAWBUG

Posted

Which December 2020? Cause if they came out they skipped Manhattan 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, PACKRACKER1 said:

Which December 2020? Cause if they came out they skipped Manhattan 

The next one.

Share this comment

OUTLAWBUG

Posted

Supers? I would be satisfied if they just got the regular versions in the store.. there was the secret chases last year or whatever they were ? I found 3 in the very 1st and only shipper my target got.. and it was missing the truck.. and didn’t know I had them till someone offered me 50 bucks..

Share this comment

I have the first 3 target exclusive red edition cars so far.👍I will be on the hunt for the other 3 when they come out.👍

Share this comment

MAELSTROM

Posted

Can never go wrong with another Gotta Go release.

Share this comment

REDBARON1818

Posted

Got a set of these last week.  Hope they get more in. 

Share this comment

got mine 2 weeks ago i love these sets i bought 2 sets  the gotta go  looks mint in red

Share this comment

JENNYJONES4

Posted

Looks like another year of late information.....! December is gone and of course just happen to be lucky to get only #1 and #2 that are worth getting..... #3 really got to go. Its one to the most stupid car designs yet. A toil seat for a back, really.....! They of course wasted a perfectly good front casting with a toilet backing. OHHHH what will they think next? Wait I don't think I want to know. I remember when Hot Wheels had fewer casting but were real and great cars with metal parts. Now, just deformed plastic of made up imaginations and not even good imagination at that.....

Share this comment

Why all the black cars in the red edition? Red Editions should be only red. I don't think the white ones fit in either. 

Share this comment

Davidstingray

Posted

I haven't seen a single 2020 red edition at my local Target.  Last year, and in 2018, I only found a few on the peg and ended up getting 3 car set of them on eBay.  My experiences have been that they are quite hard to find in store. 

I kind of like the white and black ones and they do have enough red on them to make it work.  All red would be boring and the Viper looks sweet!!

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

15803210346801927792015269127640.thumb.jpg.bc39332b84e775f2f1f51d200f94c9c9.jpgI can find these all the time seems they don't get it by me found these in the last two weeks 

Share this comment

BlueBlonde3

Posted

Don't look just on the pegs with all the other Hotwheels.Check out all the end caps in toys.Target has a box full of Hotwheels  on the end caps.That is where i found my Red Editions & there were plenty of them,so i bought several.The box sits down on the bottom shelf.

Share this comment

Vette1day12

Posted

Hey all...new to the forum...I got lucky this year and was able to find multiples of the first 3. Of course though when they first came out I couldnt find my favs in the Vette and Camaro. I finally bought a few Vettes this past year on ebay, but can't get the others for a decent price.

Share this comment

lornescars

Posted

On 1/21/2020 at 7:51 PM, BADBOYJIM said:

What Mattel needs to think about is making some Super's for the Target cars with some of these models, that would really cool and collectible.

i seen the first 3 1-3 of the 12 at a game stop last wednesday so there selling at more than target.

Share this comment