Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive RWB Porsche 930 w/ Akira Nakai Figurine!

By Gary Barnum

Does “RWB” stand for “Really Wide Base”? No! It’s RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF, the company that specializes in customizing Porsche cars and founded by Akira Nakai. Nakai is known for his Porsche modifications, and we pay tribute to him with this RLC Exclusive RWB Porsche 930. A figurine of the popular tuner himself is included! Get it here at HWC on 4/14/20.

SOLD OUT

The Hot Wheels Porsche 930 casting returns with an opening hood and doors for the first time! With Real Riders wheels and Akira Nakai standing by, it seemed only sensible to house this edition in a solid, branded acrylic case. Widen your collection with this beauty!

GDF84_C_20_004.png

GDF84_C_20_001.png     GDF84_C_20_002.png

GDF84_C_20_006-noRLClogo.png     GDF84_C_20_005.png

GDF84_C_20_007.png     GDF84_C_20_008.png

GDF84_C_20_009.png     GDF84_C_20_003.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening hood and doors, Akira Nakai figurine
  • Body Color: Spectraflame black
  • Deco: RAUH-Welt logo on windshield and sides; Porsche logo on hood
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 6-spoke wheels w/ gold hubs
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Black w/ painted details and black roll bar

Packaging:

• Acrylic case in decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,000)

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 4/14/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 30
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Tgwheels

Posted

Seriously. What a joke this was. There’s a serious flaw on this site.. How is it that I got out of the waiting room at 12:03 and it was already “sold out” but yet you have people getting one after 16 mins, 30 mins etc.. I’m not usually a complainer but there is definitely something wrong with this picture.

As a first year RLC member and going through that mess just to join this takes the cake. Ive got such a bad taste in my mouth that I’m wondering why I even joined. I mean you cant make enough for members that it has to sell out In 3 mins? Well for me anyways, so so unfair. Hope you do second chance offered because again someone dropped the ball.  I was denied 3 mins in..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Enzo-Armani

Posted

1 minute ago, ThunderWolf29 said:

Same here, So sad

7A0E9848-8962-4C5A-8872-00AB6891EF3B.png

Just pulled the trigger on ebay for $120 before it spikes to $200+

• Sad 2

Share this comment

1sikgee

Posted

Waited forever and sold out 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Share this comment

Got mine in 15 minutes!  Not bad even though I had to reenter my cc info all over again!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Gajewm

Posted (edited)

Possibly my worst experience yet. On the upside I was on the fence about it anyway so I don't feel horrible about missing out but the process was a joke.

All times eastern:

10:00 - Log in and go to the waiting page.

12:20 - Redirected to the item page and clicked add to cart

For the next 10 minutes I'm in a continuous cycle between clicking add to cart and logging in again.

12:30 - Sent back to the waiting room.

12:32 - Back to the product page. Again, non-stop cycle of trying to add to the cart and being prompted to log in.

12:37 - Back to the waiting room.

12:40 - Back to the product page. More attempts.

12:47 - Redirected to a page informing me that the car is sold out. It says if I was unable to get the car, I should click a link to provide feedback and help them sort things out. The link doesn't work.

Funny thing I noticed: The landing page when I log in has a greeting in the upper right. When I was on the product page, the greeting changed to say "Sign In / Register" (which is backwards from the normal text when you're legitimately not signed in). When I hovered over it, a menu dropped down with all the normal items that imply I am logged in.

Edit: I just looked back at the sold-out page and realized the link doesn't actually say it's to provide feedback, just that it's to help them better predict demand. So maybe it's not actually supposed to give back a visible response and is just a counter.

Edited by Gajewm
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this comment

VWLOVER

Posted

Now we know why people don't renew their RLCF membership.

• Like 1

Share this comment

pastabill

Posted

How can  a company the size of Mattel get this so wrong.?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hwbuyer2020

Posted

Pass the queue > Checkout > Logged me out > Logged back in > Checkout > OOS

20200414_095725.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Aragorn

Posted

I was stuck in the waiting room 45mins, then it said sold out 😞, was really hoping to get this one.

Congratulations to those who were successful in doing so

• Like 1

Share this comment

sandsockchan

Posted

Seemed like there were some bad techincal issues.  I waited forever and didn't get in.  Saw posts on some Hot Wheels Facebook Groups where people got one and then logged in on a different account and got another.  Also have a screenshot where a guy got one and his wife forgot about it and logged in at 9:32 and got one.  I was on the waiting page before it started.  How did that lady beat other people when she logged in after.  Very bad technical issues.  Also what is the point of being a member if you have to fight reseller to get one.  Something needs to change

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thunderguts

Posted

10 hours ago, D3SINCE68 said:

There is no link. Do you have a current, up to date, active 2020 RLC membership? If yes, then sign into your account at 11:45 am eastern time or 10:45 am central or 8:45 am pacific on day of the sale. Go to main page, click on the picture of the car or the yellow rectangle that says learn more. You will be taken to a waiting area & wait....for a very long time. When you see the car pop up on your screen with a red bar at the bottom click the bar. You can figure out the rest.

So this is the process??? The waiting page actually instructs you to log in 15 minutes before the sale IF YOU ARE NOT ALREADY LOGGED IN to avoid being automatically logged out during checkout (which makes no sense). Maybe this needs to be rewritten on the waiting page so people like me who were on the waiting page for nearly 2 hours before the sale even started don’t waste our time.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Bulls23

Posted

I am one of the frontline in the battle for covid 19.. And was hoping i get a chance to get the rwb. After a stressful night. Why mattel make only 12000? 😥

• Confused 1

Share this comment

whereisgandalf

Posted

I was in the room with two of my friends that purchased it. We all got on a few minutes before the sale. Friend one purchased in 10 minutes. Friend 2 purchased in 14 minutes, signed out of his account, signed into his brothers and made the purchase for him within 2 minutes. Sold out for me. This is the one I was looking forward to and didn't even get the chance.

Hot wheels, you charge $30 for something that costs pennies to make. Use that money to upgrade your sales platform. It's 2020, this platform is an absolute joke.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Tnismo96hb

Posted

5 minutes ago, Tgwheels said:

Seriously. What a joke this was. There’s a serious flaw on this site.. How is it that I got out of the waiting room at 12:03 and it was already “sold out” but yet you have people getting one after 16 mins, 30 mins etc.. I’m not usually a complainer but there is definitely something wrong with this picture.

As a first year RLC member and going through that mess just to join this takes the cake. Ive got such a bad taste in my mouth that I’m wondering why I even joined. I mean you cant make enough for members that it has to sell out In 3 mins? Well for me anyways, so so unfair. Hope you do second chance offered because again someone dropped the ball.  I was denied 3 mins in..

THIS!!!! Thank you sir....

• Like 1

Share this comment

sandsockchan

Posted

I also had an add to cart red button and I was logged in already.  Then I would go to checkout it would say it was out of stock.  Definetely some glitches

Share this comment

Enzo-Armani

Posted

Despite having to purchase it thru ebay, if they offer a second round, I would love to try again and purchase one that I would love to take out the box. I dont get why I got kicked out of my account and then lost my place after logging in, but whatever.. thats life

Share this comment

No car for you

20200414_115930.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

Tnismo96hb

Posted

5 minutes ago, Mr. H said:

Got mine in 15 minutes!  Not bad even though I had to reenter my cc info all over again!!

Geesh you were even allowed to do that & those of us that were there since 9amPT were not even allowed to add to cart (yes, cleared cashe), nothing against you, but must be nice.

Share this comment

72Maverick

Posted

Very disappointed; I have all the other Porsche's and missed this one. My son and my account both never even had an opportunity. I thought at least one of us would have gotten it. Oh well, I guess that's just how it goes but still disappointed. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

Someone need to explain to me why I got out of the waiting room at 12:03 and it told me it was already sold out. Now were reading people got theirs 16 mins, 30 mins in etc..

I’m waiting for an answer! This is wrong and not fair. I’m sure I’m not alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

TETRA FORCE

Posted

add to cart - log out - add to cart - log out...repeat...then 'sold out'...🤯

• Like 1

Share this comment

WMLTJ143

Posted

I thought my computer was frozen, then after 30+ minutes in waiting room in finally sent me to check out and I got 1.

• Like 2

Share this comment

AdrianV

Posted

They don't do second offerings for this one, it's a numbered car from 1 to 12,000 so that's it. Quite frankly I'm not surprised they sold out that quickly considering everyone is at their homes so it would automatically make it more difficult. I wasn't able to get one but my father was and even then he said it was close. I had mine in my cart twice and both times it said sold out, but it is what it is. no surprise there, maybe next time with the next car.

Share this comment

Tnismo96hb

Posted

1 minute ago, Tgwheels said:

Someone need to explain to me why I got out of the waiting room at 12:03 and it told me it was already sold out. Now were reading people got theirs 16 mins, 30 mins in etc..

I’m waiting for an answer! This is wrong and not fair. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Exactly, those of us that were "unfortunate to get this, bc of poor web design perhaps," at least deserve an explanation, as op said, some were able to get their product more than 30mins in!?

• Like 1

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments