Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive Holiday Volkswagen Drag Bus

By Gary Barnum

The holidays are great for bringing out a feeling of warm nostalgia. We think of past holidays and pleasant memories. This holiday season, we’ve got a little nostalgia for you – a long-standing collector favorite comes back to help us celebrate. The Volkswagen Drag Bus makes an appearance! Invite this sweet RLC Exclusive Holiday edition to your collection.

Once almost an annual mainstay, the Volkswagen Drag Bus hasn’t seen a release at HWC since our Series 14 edition back in 2016. It’s a welcome tradition, perfect for a holiday edition! Featuring festive candy cane holiday décor and Neo-Classics whitewall wheels with gold hubs, this is the present you want to bring home for the holidays.

Sold Out

GDF90_051.png

GDF90_052.png

GDF90_060.png

GDF90_061.png

GDF90_PIP.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening body
  • Body Color: Spectraflame steel blue
  • Deco: Hot Wheels logo, candy canes, and snow on sides; "Happy Holidays" message on top
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Neo-Classics whitewall wheels w/ gold hubs
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Gold

Packaging:

• RLC blister card w/ representational art
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/10,000)

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 12/17/19 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $19.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 12/17/2019 at 1:59 AM, FASTEDDIE!!! said:

That's because RLC cars do not go to the shop. Tomorrow there'll be a banner at the top of the screen click on it it'll send you to the waiting room where you wait until 9 PT. No matter where you live it'll be California time 9 a.m. . Don't be late or it will be sold out and you got to be in RLC member

Yeah, for some reason I thought it had said the 16th and not the 17th, how embarrassing! 

I think I was able to snag one, order status still says "in progress" uggg

Share this comment

On 12/17/2019 at 1:38 PM, ShadowNinja28 said:

Marry Christmas To Everyone! I hope everyone was able to pick this up if wanted it. i personally don't care for this but got my pearl and Chrome set. I'll be looking forward for RLC in 2020

Did u get yur pearl & chrome cases through game stop? 

Share this comment

On 12/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, moparr said:

yep plastic wheels just another diapointing hole in some pockets  mattel should be teh customer n let us be in charge

Red line wheels are plastic, i dig the drag bus , whitewalls look fantastic! Excelente !  

On 12/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, moparr said:

yep plastic wheels just another diapointing hole in some pockets  mattel should be teh customer n let us be in charge

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, Scott Schwab said:

Red line wheels are plastic, i dig the drag bus , whitewalls look fantastic! Excelente !  

I like this Bus hope I can pick1up

in the near future😊

Share this comment

ShadowNinja28

Posted

On 12/20/2019 at 4:33 PM, Scott Schwab said:

Did u get yur pearl & chrome cases through game stop? 

Yes i did.

Share this comment

newbie24

Posted (edited)

see next comment..

Edited by newbie24

Share this comment

On 12/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, boss5 said:

Not to shabby sort of makes up for a little bit of a disappointing year for releases. 

if you're disappointed in this year's releases then what do you like other than the holiday bus?

Share this comment

Hello
It would be wise to update the calendar because a lot of people are waiting for the next announcements.

Thank you.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, newbie24 said:

if you're disappointed in this year's releases then what do you like other than the holiday bus?

Hi, i'v been collecting for many years, i'm really a redline style fan. I've always been a non RLC member this was my first year joining and I didn't buy one item. I bought all the redline stuff last year and I wasn't even a member. To make a long story short I would of liked to see at least 1 or 2 redline car releases.

Share this comment

thank you for the reply.. will you clarify what you mean by "I would of liked to see at least 1 or 2 redline car releases." my limited knowledge of redlines are that they are older cars released decades ago.. 

Share this comment

ok just received my Bus this weekend and have to say it was nicer in person, then I was expecting.  Loved the color and weight.  So wanted to open the packaging but know that it would devalue it.  This is my second drag bus, they seem to both be nice canvases for cool tampos..

Share this comment

Dang how did I not get this! We collect VW Hot Wheels! Bummed!

Share this comment

Fred Chin

Posted

Just received mine today.  The coolest serial number I’ve got ... 2020 !!

• Like 3

Share this comment

My VW Holiday Drag Bus arrived in a damaged blister. The weight of the bus broke through the rear side if the blister during shipping. Brick should have had bubble wrap inside it to help cushion car during shipping. Very disappointed!

Share this comment

Recieved my bus today. Like others have said I think it's better in person. Very happy. To top it off it was 78/10,000. My first # under 100. 

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

The card was damaged on the corners possibly from bouncing around the shipping box, it is a heavy car. The protector was opened but the car/card hadn't come out. I'll probably open it for display.

Share this comment

Got my bus today card was damaged on the bottom corners on both sides possibly from bouncing around in the package Because it is very heavy the protector was open could of used some bubble wrap still very nice

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

Got 2 pieces, both soft corners and bent protectors. The one even had a broken blister. I think they should have added some plastic air pockets or bubble wrap in the box when they shipped it to prevent the thing from moving around.

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

On 1/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, RACEON said:

My VW Holiday Drag Bus arrived in a damaged blister. The weight of the bus broke through the rear side if the blister during shipping. Brick should have had bubble wrap inside it to help cushion car during shipping. Very disappointed!

Exact same for me and same feed back.

Share this comment

REBREATH

Posted

Same for me, protecto seam outweighed by bus....2 soft corners due to moving around box out of protecto. For 8 bucks shipping, this should never happen.

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

Received another Pice today, corners totally smashed. Surely this is not the first time they post a Dragbus and should have learnt by now. 

Share this comment