Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive ’82 Lamborghini Countach LP500 S

By Gary Barnum

With its wedge shape and scissor doors, it would become an exotic car icon after first appearing in the early 1970s. By the time we reached the ’82 Lamborghini Countach LP500 S, it featured a power upgrade courtesy of a 4.8-liter engine. Upgrade your collection with our RLC Exclusive release on 12/10/19!

Just over 300 of the original 1:1 scale LP500 S were released. For the first release of this casting for Hot Wheels, our tooling features the opening scissor doors. This edition also features Real Riders aero wheels with gold hubs. Keeping it classy, it’s encased in acrylic. It will be an astonishing addition to your collection.

SOLD OUT

GDF85_001.png

GDF85_002.png

GDF85_003.png

GDF85_004.png

GDF85_005.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening scissor doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame red
  • Deco: Authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders aero wheels w/ light micro gold hubs
  • Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted chassis w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Tan w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case in decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,500)

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 12/10/19 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • RLC Exclusive ’82 Lamborghini Countach LP500 S
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Glad I was able to purchase one but I do have concerns over the wheels look a little plastic like from the pictures hope it looks better in person

Share this comment

Lets keep in mind, It's an 1982 Countach. Not my favorite wheels, but for this casting I believe these are the perfect choice.

Share this comment

Like the style of the wheel just hope they are authentic and close to a real look as possible hard to always tell in a picture either way it’s going next to the mercedes

Share this comment

Sweet! got mine! Been waiting all year for it. This has been my favorite casting since I was a kid. I agree they could have done a little better on the wheels maybe just gold plating those ones even to give it that RLC pizzazz. We are looking for Wow's, oohs and aahs! The rims just don't have that the car definitely does. The website was a lot smoother when ordering. They could probably lower the number a little bit. But like I said but for every RLC Club member account should have a chance to buy every RLC casting even if they made a Time limit on ordering. Then they can tell us how many they have sold in that amount of time. Can't wait to receive mine in the mail that'll be my Christmas.

Share this comment

Diecastnazi82

Posted

What a Job this one was to get idk how many times I was booted back to sign in but after an hour I was able to get one 

Share this comment

I agree with you that we should have at least the opportunity to purchase at least one rlc offering as I missed out on a few that I would love to have in my collection. Have been to a few shows and have been able to purchase a couple I missed out on at not too bad of a price but some are just ridiculously priced not for me there are limitations to my collecting  but that’s ok if someone can afford it and they want a specific car bad enough go for it. That’s kind of what makes collecting fun I suppose never know when a car is desired and if it is it’s fun to have in your collection. Seems like if your wiling to wait even the most desired cars come down somewhat in price over time.

Share this comment

Having mixed impressions on this.  I actually got one at 13 mins got kicked off once and had to reload payment,  but it worked and now that's 3 for 3 of the last  offerings that I went after.  Just is a damn shame that nothing of this went to the rewards points,  73 dollars and no points.  The ones that were worth points, I  never got  a hit, kind of bitter sweet I'd say.  Hope the car is as nice as the Benz, Gasser, Raptor and Willy's.

The S2000 was nice but at the level of the Bronco and RLC Camaro

Share this comment

Aaronwyatt1981

Posted

On 12/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, HWC Staff said:

Just to confirm, we have the holiday car still scheduled for this year (details coming next week). the C10 and RWB Porsche had to be moved to January. 

Hey guys thanks for that info. But I'm wondering if there is any info on the tootsie roller. Will if be for 2019 members. Or is it moved to 2020 membership

Share this comment

Yes I really don’t have any points either it would have been a bonus I guess. Just kind of happy somehow I won  a couple of times this year. All is good.

Share this comment

I was lucky enough to get this 1.. after getting kicked off completely then sighing back on.. I thought I lost it for sure.... what are these points I see everyone talking about? I got the s2k,r34,Bens & this with NO POINTS.. SADLY it took me a year to figure out how the site worked.. now that I know its time for a new membership... Hopefully I'm able to update my membership this yr.. lol

Share this comment

If the wheels had been changed to turbine chrome design, this car would have sold out in minutes.....

Share this comment

21 hours ago, Evasive923 said:

Doesn’t look like this one was a hot item, still available as of 9:40pst. Took me 15 mins to get mine when the window opened.

The site was acting pretty weirdly for me, and I wonder if it wasn’t so much that it wasn’t hot as the process was just bumpy but ultimately successful for a lot of people. I ended up rerouted to the page for the 300 SL three times during the process, had to enter my credentials a few times and spent about 15 minutes looking at spinning gears after hitting the final confirmation button. At that point I opened a second browser window, saw the car was still in my cart and went through the whole checkout a second time, this time completing it without incident.

Share this comment

Gold or Silver on wheels would have worked for this. However completely forgot it was going on sale somehow. Oh well....

Share this comment

I had the same problems in the past getting in the waiting room and trying to purchase. Make sure you log out of your account. Do not stay logged in. Don't log in to Hot wheels until your ready to purchase then go into the waiting room. I have not had anymore problems sense.   

Share this comment

On 12/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, Aaronwyatt1981 said:

Hey guys thanks for that info. But I'm wondering if there is any info on the tootsie roller. Will if be for 2019 members. Or is it moved to 2020 membership

It will be for 2019 members and I heard January release from Lamley Group.  

Share this comment

SANDRA WALLER

Posted

Missed this beauty, forgot to order that morning,😟

Share this comment

I got mine in the mail... I said that the '55 Mercedes was the best RLC car EVER, and well, this Lambo rivals it, if not just flat out beats it in my opinion. Just... wow! Great job, RLC!

Share this comment

RANDYVANN

Posted

Is ANYONE at MATTEL going to address the Forums being downs since last week????

Share this comment

dizzygti

Posted

3 minutes ago, RANDYVANN said:

Is ANYONE at MATTEL going to address the Forums being downs since last week????

So it's not just me.  My buddy can get to the forums fine.   Have we been plucked out?   

Share this comment