Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive '55 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

By Gary Barnum

It’s probably one of the most recognizable status sports cars of all time. If you’ve got a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, you’re in good company … the car has been owned by world-famous movie stars, artists, fashion designers, and architects. If you don’t have one, you can pick up the RLC Exclusive edition at HWC on 11/19/19.

The casting makes its Hot Wheels debut with this release. The opening gull-wing doors are possibly the most distinguishing visual feature of this car, so we’ve featured these on our tooling. The 300 SL represents the most elegant lifestyles, so we’ve enclosed this edition in a sturdy acrylic case. Seize one, and take your place among the elite!

SOLD OUT!

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_398.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_428.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_436.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_448.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_365.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_314.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_271.jpg

Specs:

• Features: Opening gull-wing doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame olive
  • Deco: Mercedes-Benz logo on rear
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders stock car wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Dark red w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case in decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,500)

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 11/19/19 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWCLouE
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Technician68

Posted

That is a spectacular rendition of a classic sports car!!! 

• Like 1

Share this comment

I have not finished paying for the skyline but why not 😅

Share this comment

ZEROTHEWANDERER

Posted

As much as I wanna expand my Mercedes collection, I just don't think this one is gonna be a part of it. Why olive? Why not just go with a light or dark silver (the acrylic case Magnus 930 slate would've been beautiful on the 300SL), or even a red or blue? They were available in green, but it was a much darker, much richer green (close to British Racing Green).

Share this comment

Yes please. I love it. 

Share this comment

voodoo_g8_gt

Posted

It would look better in silver with the red interior.  That red on green just isn't all that appealing.

Share this comment

JUSTICEPREVAILS

Posted

is the top of the plastic case con vexed in (or dipped in)? or is there an additional piece of plastic inside to hold the gull wing doors open? I can't quite make it out.

Share this comment

DOLPHIN10

Posted

That's the best casting this year if you ask me. WOW

Share this comment

3 hours ago, JUSTICEPREVAILS said:

is the top of the plastic case con vexed in (or dipped in)? or is there an additional piece of plastic inside to hold the gull wing doors open? I can't quite make it out.

Another piece inside the case

Share this comment

It'll look awesome next to my tiger gasser! This thing looks epic!!!

Share this comment

4 hours ago, voodoo_g8_gt said:

It would look better in silver with the red interior.  That red on green just isn't all that appealing.

Definitely Silver with a red Interior would have been a superior choice, was there that much extra paint left over from the Flying Tiger Themed Gasser ?

The Game is on !  who gets one in hand first , drills it and paints it Silver 

• Like 1

Share this comment

JustinRobert

Posted

Best car of the year blows that gasser away hope to get one of these. 

Share this comment

I'm glad they are releasing cars in higher numbers.

• Like 3

Share this comment

7 hours ago, voodoo_g8_gt said:

I agree. The first time I saw this car in person it was in silver. Very nice. It doesn’t look bad in green. I guess you can put it next to the 55 gasser if you got one lmao

Share this comment

All I can say is that I saw this car at the L. A. Convention and it is stunning.

Share this comment

MIKE$TOY$

Posted

14 hours ago, ZEROTHEWANDERER said:

As much as I wanna expand my Mercedes collection, I just don't think this one is gonna be a part of it. Why olive? Why not just go with a light or dark silver (the acrylic case Magnus 930 slate would've been beautiful on the 300SL), or even a red or blue? They were available in green, but it was a much darker, much richer green (close to British Racing Green).

I’d still buy it, it’s probably much better in person. Also it will sell fast and there might or might not be another one. 

Share this comment

ohhh ya ... getting this for sure.. only 1 question are the doors diecast as well?

• Like 1

Share this comment

FALCONGTHO3

Posted

Color choice could have been better, but the fact that it's even out there is spectacular for car enthusiasts everywhere.

Share this comment

Man this thing is gorgeous! Well done HWs! 

Share this comment

OzySoupaT-Hunta

Posted

Yup, gonna be all over this one! Go Mattel 💪💪

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

I am all in for 1. 👍

Share this comment

I love the the car but what were thinking on the color?! You should have gone with Red,Black,Silver or GRAY. Olive green with red interior does not show off well at all! Imay waite for a Better version to come out. I'm  sure mattel won't make this be the only release 

Share this comment