Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive '55 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

By Gary Barnum

It’s probably one of the most recognizable status sports cars of all time. If you’ve got a Mercedes-Benz 300 SL, you’re in good company … the car has been owned by world-famous movie stars, artists, fashion designers, and architects. If you don’t have one, you can pick up the RLC Exclusive edition at HWC on 11/19/19.

The casting makes its Hot Wheels debut with this release. The opening gull-wing doors are possibly the most distinguishing visual feature of this car, so we’ve featured these on our tooling. The 300 SL represents the most elegant lifestyles, so we’ve enclosed this edition in a sturdy acrylic case. Seize one, and take your place among the elite!

SOLD OUT!

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_398.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_428.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_436.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_448.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_365.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_314.jpg

GDF83_W_19_RLC_55_MercedesBenz_300SL_271.jpg

Specs:

• Features: Opening gull-wing doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame olive
  • Deco: Mercedes-Benz logo on rear
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders stock car wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Dark red w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case in decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,500)

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 11/19/19 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWCLouE
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

RoadRunner1572368978

Posted

Yes, the silver color would be classic. But the value of HW - to replenish the variance from ordinary, to expand the space for vision and for different impression. That’s how I perceive the concept of HotWheels looking at these small cars.  I am true die cast collector having hundreds of quality replicas, but HW is something different - bringing joy from a glance, the passion I can also easily share with my small son. Unfortunately I did not have chance to grab one this morning, but definitely I would like to - this 55’ 300SL is hot.

• Like 1

Share this comment

OLDS442MAN

Posted

3 hours ago, FlaBoy said:

What do the rewards point do? Lol is it something like a discount after you get so many or a free car? 

supposed to be able to use them to get things at the end of the year.  BTW Did get one of these Gull Wings, so kind of happy right now.   Had the sale complete by 4 mins into the sale. 

Share this comment

Is there any points for this car or the skyline. 

Share this comment

hwvincent

Posted

Would LOVE for the next issuance of this casting to be done ala 1968-1972 Hot Wheels.  Spectraflame paint (red maybe?) with Neos AND packaged in a O16 blister.  Would be amazing.  Put me down for three right now.

Share this comment

ichliebeautos

Posted

This is my favorite Hot Wheels casting of all time. The olive green looks great, but yes, Mattel, please make another one in silver!!!

Share this comment

Rockies76

Posted

On 11/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, Dudesdad14 said:

It sickens me to see these on e-bay the reason for this is to collect and pass them on for others to enjoy.  i have been trying to become a member for a while and no luck! and now people are selling them. sorry it just ticks me off!

It's not right. It's the sign of time's.

It Happens all the time.

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted

This just showed up in the mail, and I must say it looks absolutely amazing!!  I was on the fence with this one too.  Glad I decided to make the purchase.  

Share this comment

Got mine today! Looks so awesome 😁

Share this comment

Technician68

Posted

Got mine last Saturday afternoon. Very pleased with this piece of fine Auto Jewelry. Shout out for RLC!

Share this comment

Davidstingray

Posted

Remarkable replica!  I got mine on Monday and the detailing is spectacular indeed! 

Share this comment