Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive 2020 Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals Volkswagen T1 Rockster!

By Gary Barnum

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals shows. In 2020, things may not have played out as expected, but you can still rock your collection with this commemorative Volkswagen T1 Rockster! Our RLC Exclusive 2020 Collectors Nationals edition will be offered at HWC on 7/14/20.

SOLD OUT

If you were unable to purchase this item,
please CLICK HERE to let us know.

Please understand that, due to limited production quantities, it's not possible for every member to get every item we offer.
We welcome your feedback to help us with planning future offers.

So as not to break with convention, this features a Spectraflame pink finish. It is contrasted nicely with sharp pearl white deco. And, for outdoor fun, we’ve mounted it up on Real Riders exotic wheels with off-road tires. Keep on rockin’!

GLH76_C_20_004_600px.png GLH76_C_20_005_600px.png GLH76_C_20_006_600px.png

GLH76_04.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Deco: Pearl white front and top
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders exotic wheels w/ off-road tires and red-stripe tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• RLC blister card w/ Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available ONLY to RLC members (until item is sold out): 7/14/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

CARLZBAD

Posted

On 7/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, WHEATERZ said:

........The (5) per household rules NEEDS TO CHANGE & I’ll keep speaking as much as I possibly can!!!
If someone at the top can’t acknowledge that the “5 Rule” limits sales to collectors, then they should JUSTIFY why they ALLOW that to occur!

Thank you!

So what is the magic number???? I collected HWs when I was a kid and still do. So, what about the dad that has two kids that also like HWs, especially RLC cars???  Maybe Mattel could require a family photo before approving paid memberships. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this comment

On 7/11/2020 at 8:25 AM, WHEATERZ said:

I’ll try to get one, but it’ll get ripped right from my hands like the last sale!

I had a purchase confirmation until I received a cancellation right after! Then it was followed up with that dreaded email which ruined my day & put a bad taste in my mouth!

the problem I see, is this line:

“limit five (5) per household”

No wonder I have limited chance of getting a chance at purchasing a release! After all.. I DID purchase a membership fee to become an RLC member.. that’s the only way to be eligible at a CHANCE to get one, right??!! I only have 1 account, so the odds are automatically against me!

If members don’t see it that way, they’ll have a lesser chance of getting a crack at a purchase.

I FIRMLY believe the (5) per household limit MUST change so MORE members have a chance! Why is that in place anyhow?? 5 per household! 
if you think about it.. the RLC is for involved collectors who pay a fee to ensure access to purchase exclusive items. BUT, it’s become inundated with resellers, abusers & money hungry snakes who do nothing but sell!

The (5) per household rules NEEDS TO CHANGE & I’ll keep speaking as much as I possibly can!!!
If someone at the top can’t acknowledge that the “5 Rule” limits sales to collectors, then they should JUSTIFY why they ALLOW that to occur!

Thank you!

So a family of five who have 5 paid for accounts shouldnt all be able to collect? Sounds kinda fascist to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

indiandunes

Posted

On 7/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, WHEATERZ said:

I’ll try to get one, but it’ll get ripped right from my hands like the last sale!

I had a purchase confirmation until I received a cancellation right after! Then it was followed up with that dreaded email which ruined my day & put a bad taste in my mouth!

the problem I see, is this line:

“limit five (5) per household”

No wonder I have limited chance of getting a chance at purchasing a release! After all.. I DID purchase a membership fee to become an RLC member.. that’s the only way to be eligible at a CHANCE to get one, right??!! I only have 1 account, so the odds are automatically against me!

If members don’t see it that way, they’ll have a lesser chance of getting a crack at a purchase.

I FIRMLY believe the (5) per household limit MUST change so MORE members have a chance! Why is that in place anyhow?? 5 per household! 
if you think about it.. the RLC is for involved collectors who pay a fee to ensure access to purchase exclusive items. BUT, it’s become inundated with resellers, abusers & money hungry snakes who do nothing but sell!

The (5) per household rules NEEDS TO CHANGE & I’ll keep speaking as much as I possibly can!!!

Thank you!

So everyone who gets an RLC car these days has 5 accts. and is a re-seller???? 👽  Anyone else out  like me......1 acct.....and got the last release?

• Like 4

Share this comment

paulmiller

Posted

so will y'all cancel my order again or what? It's like you expect the worst now.

Share this comment

CARLZBAD

Posted

On 7/12/2020 at 9:51 AM, AGBCHIEF said:

.......with all the adult hoarders scooping up anything and everything they can get their greedy, grubby paws on........,Adam G. Bolonyi, Sr., USN, disabled.

Yes, we all know you by now🤪 Same old blah blah blah........And sir, I am an adult collector, are my paws “grubby”?Am I a hoarder? Just because we are not you or  your son, does not give you the right to throw INSULTS at us adult collectors.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

Wonder if my order will be cancelled and forgotten this time? Never got an email explaining why my order was cancelled or if I would receive anything at all. No car, no explanation, no apology. Plenty of advertisement emails though. 

I love this kind of customer service. Glad to know that in the end they will just forget about you and move on. 

Glad to see others get compensation for their cancelled orders. Glad mine wasn't even acknowledged. 

Looking forward to the inevitable screw up that is to come with this sale, this time I'll save my excitement for when I know it wont be cancelled....

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

25 minutes ago, CARLZBAD said:

Yes, we all know you by now🤪 Same old blah blah blah........And sir, I am an adult collector, are my paws “grubby”?Am I a hoarder? Just because we are not you or  your son, does not give you the right to throw INSULTS at us adult collectors.  

THANKS for comment!!!  My wife & I cringe at most of THOSE posts where "somebody" is only trying to collect for their "child".  (Let's not forget about "TRUE" Collectors.)  Finances willing: you get what you want, & I'll get what I want... thru whatever channels.  $#!t

Can we not just enjoy this WITH each other, & hope for fluid Tuesday sales?   😶

• Like 4

Share this comment

Jmeza2154

Posted

On 7/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, Hotwheelsrobm said:

Hot wheels Should allow fans without rlc membership to access these cars while the tour is shut dud to the pandemic.

Why ? This isnt a tours exclusive cars ? If u read theirs a way to register for the online tours and stuff

• Like 1

Share this comment

The sale is not even until tomorrow, and already so many negative comments...pre-complaining, if you will. Be positive! This should be fun. Whatever happens tomorrow morning, let's not be crybabies ... deal?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

FlaminWheelsOfDeath

Posted

im in there like swimwear

• Haha 1

Share this comment

CARLZBAD

Posted

3 hours ago, JIMMEE442 said:

THANKS for comment!!!  My wife & I cringe at most of THOSE posts where "somebody" is only trying to collect for their "child".  (Let's not forget about "TRUE" Collectors.)  Finances willing: you get what you want, & I'll get what I want... thru whatever channels.  $#!t

Can we not just enjoy this WITH each other, & hope for fluid Tuesday sales?   😶

Well said👍 Thank you!

Share this comment

TOYSMARKETPLACE@GMAIL.COM

Posted

Challenge is coming again!

1. Waiting room

2. I am NOT the Robot.

3. Puzzle Q&A

4. Pass through the payment gateway

5. Entry the payment information and code.........

6. Trying to complete the order......................  .. .. .. . .  ... .

7. Cancel your order...... may be...... refund . . ....may be .... release again.... may be.....

GOOD LUCK !!!!

🙂

• Haha 1

Share this comment

I missed out on the party car last year but picked one up at the end of the year with my reward points.

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

10 hours ago, CARLZBAD said:

So what is the magic number???? I collected HWs when I was a kid and still do. So, what about the dad that has two kids that also like HWs, especially RLC cars???  Maybe Mattel could require a family photo before approving paid memberships. 

You mean Mattel knows someone has 5 accounts for the sole purpose of re-selling exclusives, so legit collectors like myself with only 1 account will have the odds against me??!!

Why does that family of 5 get all those purchases get sent to ONE address??!! That lessens my chances & all the others who want to acquire an exclusive release??!!

Fair is fair pal! 😑

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this comment

homer442

Posted

best of luck folks. 

if you are not really interested in this model - maybe, just maybe - please avoid the site until after the sale... what, 15 minutes???

man, i love cars... & trucks... & motorcycles... & ...  😉

Share this comment

CARLZBAD

Posted

Why does this ALWAYS go from a nice discussion about cool RLC cars, to a couple of the same few folks turning it into a pity party for themselves. They already have themselves convinced that they won’t get their toy car and that it’s everyone else’s fault!!! Come on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

Hot rod

Posted

Family of five will = $170.50 I can see how the parents can afford a car or truck. Should be two memberships per household. Sorry tommy its Karen pick this time around. Good luck tomorrow, there will not be a lot available...

• Confused 1

Share this comment

If they can get 5, that's easy $300-$350 profit ... not bad for a couple minutes of work on a Tuesday mornin.

• Like 1

Share this comment

BREAKAWAYGGG

Posted

Good feedback!

Share this comment

That's AWESOME! 

Good luck everyone.. if only we all could get 1.. lol

• Like 1

Share this comment

AndyHWC

Posted

Update the yellow banner link, it still takes you to the mustang sale. 😒

• Haha 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted (edited)

points to consider:

* If a family of 5 does not buy FIVE memberships, somebody else will.  it always sells out.

* Now you are competing with FIVE different computers &/or users!

* Every BODY who has a membership... DID pay for it.  What "don't they deserve ?"

* Is my wife not allowed to have a collection?

* The niece and nephews that I have taken to numerous conventions: Are they no longer allowed to collect Hot Wheels?

* Is my father no longer allowed to have his Hot Wheels?  His address has been my house for 5 years.

* If you really want, buy more memberships yourself next year!

* BTW:   Hey Mattel, thanks for the opportunity to buy this car...  even though we cry and complain, and are mean to each other!!!

Edited by DOOMUS
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

mills1972

Posted

3 hours ago, WHEATERZ said:

You're not good at comprehending, are you??!!

You're the type to put words in peoples mouths. 

Here's what i'm saying.. the 5 per address gig isn't working out for those who paid a membership fee & have little-to-no chance of getting a shot at a release. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but 5??!!

Who's to say there are even 5 different people in the household?  Could be one person who has bought multiple memberships over the years.  I would say the powers to be should make these people with multiple accounts prove they are who they say they are.  Proof of life I say.  But you have some people who have 5 accounts and they've just made names up to make it look like there are multiple people in the house.  I don't think having an account for your cat or dog works even though you might feel your in a relationship with said animal.

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

7 hours ago, JIMMEE442 said:

points to consider:

* If a family of 5 does not buy FIVE memberships, somebody else will.  it always sells out.

* Now you are competing with FIVE different computers &/or users!

* Every BODY who has a membership... DID pay for it.  What "don't they deserve ?"

* Is my wife not allowed to have a collection?

* The niece and nephews that I have taken to numerous conventions: Are they no longer allowed to collect Hot Wheels?

* Is my father no longer allowed to have his Hot Wheels?  His address has been my house for 5 years.

* If you really want, buy more memberships yourself next year!

* BTW:   Hey Mattel, thanks for the opportunity to buy this car...  even though we cry and complain, and are mean to each other!!!

If only every point you made is true...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments