Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive 2020 Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals Volkswagen T1 Rockster!

By Gary Barnum

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals shows. In 2020, things may not have played out as expected, but you can still rock your collection with this commemorative Volkswagen T1 Rockster! Our RLC Exclusive 2020 Collectors Nationals edition will be offered at HWC on 7/14/20.

SOLD OUT

If you were unable to purchase this item,
please CLICK HERE to let us know.

Please understand that, due to limited production quantities, it's not possible for every member to get every item we offer.
We welcome your feedback to help us with planning future offers.

So as not to break with convention, this features a Spectraflame pink finish. It is contrasted nicely with sharp pearl white deco. And, for outdoor fun, we’ve mounted it up on Real Riders exotic wheels with off-road tires. Keep on rockin’!

GLH76_C_20_004_600px.png GLH76_C_20_005_600px.png GLH76_C_20_006_600px.png

GLH76_04.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Deco: Pearl white front and top
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders exotic wheels w/ off-road tires and red-stripe tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• RLC blister card w/ Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available ONLY to RLC members (until item is sold out): 7/14/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

BIGGALUTE44

Posted

1 Million!!!!!😘

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, BIGGALUTE44 said:

My wife and I will try for one 🤞 !

We both got f'd on the mustang hopefully my promo code works in checkout for the Rockster. Tempted not to use promo-code this  time around and just wait because of the limited availability of this convention car.

Every second counts.

Another positive is Mercury Retro-grade is officially over on the 12th of July which makes the possibility of getting the Rockster better.

Good-luck everyone!

Jpizzle out!

What is mercury retro-grade?

Share this comment

67 Camaro

Posted

4 hours ago, Marke1 said:

These will not last long because people that already got one with their tickets so they won’t be many left plus they will be able to get another one

I was a ticket holder and we were able to purchase it at least 3 weeks ago. I’ve had mine for a couple weeks now.  

• Like 1

Share this comment

So wild!

Share this comment

23 hours ago, CGHANDTE said:

Good luck getting pne of these,they are for sale on ebay as inhand.Funny thing is sale has'nt even started.How is this possible?

people who had tickets to the convention already were able to order them,also people always put rlc cars for sale on ebay before the sale happens, if they dont get them they cancel the sale, been happening for years and years ,i still am dumbfounded why there are at least 100 of these questions every sale.,how do people n this club not know this by now lol

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted (edited)

I’ll try to get one, but it’ll get ripped right from my hands like the last sale!

I had a purchase confirmation until I received a cancellation right after! Then it was followed up with that dreaded email which ruined my day & put a bad taste in my mouth!

the problem I see, is this line:

“limit five (5) per household”

No wonder I have limited chance of getting a chance at purchasing a release! After all.. I DID purchase a membership fee to become an RLC member.. that’s the only way to be eligible at a CHANCE to get one, right??!! I only have 1 account, so the odds are automatically against me!

If members don’t see it that way, they’ll have a lesser chance of getting a crack at a purchase.

I FIRMLY believe the (5) per household limit MUST change so MORE members have a chance! Why is that in place anyhow?? 5 per household! 
if you think about it.. the RLC is for involved collectors who pay a fee to ensure access to purchase exclusive items. BUT, it’s become inundated with resellers, abusers & money hungry snakes who do nothing but sell!

The (5) per household rules NEEDS TO CHANGE & I’ll keep speaking as much as I possibly can!!!
If someone at the top can’t acknowledge that the “5 Rule” limits sales to collectors, then they should JUSTIFY why they ALLOW that to occur!

Thank you!

Edited by WHEATERZ
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Share this comment

tomho888

Posted

Hope to get this one without any issues. 

Share this comment

Hollistic

Posted

Man I can’t wait!!! I can’t wait to get in lobby and go through the process, then get a conformation, then a minute later get a email that says I tried to buy more than one and have my order cancelled!!   This sound like so much fun!!!  BTW where is my mustang I ordered!!!. 

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

WAIT... now I feel left out:

"...how many are being sold???"

SORRY, I could not resist!  lol  🤣😂😅

• Haha 2

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

5 minutes ago, Hollistic said:

Man I can’t wait!!! I can’t wait to get in lobby and go through the process, then get a conformation, then a minute later get a email that says I tried to buy more than one and have my order cancelled!!   This sound like so much fun!!!  BTW where is my mustang I ordered!!!. 

😂😆🤣 I know because I feel your pain!

I HAD one of those Mustangs & it got ripped from my hands w/that email confirmation stating I’m definitely NOT getting it!

It only took me less than 3 mins. to complete my order, BUT they did offer a promo code for my trouble. What they should do is to give the points too for the inconvenience!

But members need to know, is that we need to raise our voices to combat the (5) per household rule! If you have been passed off for a chance at an exclusive release, it may have something to do with people who aren’t necessarily collectors, but rather resellers who take advantage of the (5) per household situation!

The people behind the scenes need to change that format so COLLECTORS can benefit from their RLC memberships & so they have a chance at getting at least ONE purchase with their one & only membership!

Share this comment

YANI_MODO

Posted

It was for the convention it will sell many and maybe we can buy two per member😀

Share this comment

COCHISE454

Posted

19 hours ago, WHEATERZ said:

I’ll try to get one, but it’ll get ripped right from my hands like the last sale!

I had a purchase confirmation until I received a cancellation right after! Then it was followed up with that dreaded email which ruined my day & put a bad taste in my mouth!

the problem I see, is this line:

“limit five (5) per household”

No wonder I have limited chance of getting a chance at purchasing a release! After all.. I DID purchase a membership fee to become an RLC member.. that’s the only way to be eligible at a CHANCE to get one, right??!! I only have 1 account, so the odds are automatically against me!

If members don’t see it that way, they’ll have a lesser chance of getting a crack at a purchase.

I FIRMLY believe the (5) per household limit MUST change so MORE members have a chance! Why is that in place anyhow?? 5 per household! 
if you think about it.. the RLC is for involved collectors who pay a fee to ensure access to purchase exclusive items. BUT, it’s become inundated with resellers, abusers & money hungry snakes who do nothing but sell!

The (5) per household rules NEEDS TO CHANGE & I’ll keep speaking as much as I possibly can!!!
If someone at the top can’t acknowledge that the “5 Rule” limits sales to collectors, then they should JUSTIFY why they ALLOW that to occur!

Thank you!

Wear gloves! Those clamshells can cut like a knife!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

ramble on...

• Haha 1

Share this comment

AGBCHIEF

Posted

Anybody who has ever read once what I've written will know by my i.d. I do NOT collect HWs. I "try" to obtain RLC exclusives for my little boy, who absolutely LUVS HWs and is to young right now to do this for himself. I resorted to the club to get him some nice, non-openers because we are unable to get him anything decent to collect here in my hometown, with all the adult hoarders scooping up anything and everything they can get their greedy, grubby paws on. My son doesn't do cubed HWs because we hang the collectible carded ones on his bedroom wall with all the other RLC exclusives I have been able to obtain for him. I actually got hold of 2 cubed versions he didn't want and I ended up displaying them myself at my spots in the house, workstation and bookshelf. I showed him this 1 and he was like, "Dad, pink, really, am I a girl?!" Well, like it or not I think it looks cool myself and hope he changes his mind about putting this on his wall of HWs should I be fortunate enough to "score" 1 unit. Good luck to everybody wanting to get hold of 1 of these for your collection of HWs and STAY SAFE everybody. The stupid virus is still looming large - Adam G. Bolonyi, Sr., USN, disabled.

• Confused 2

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted

On 7/10/2020 at 4:36 AM, Brendo_26 said:

How many will be available?

A lot more than last year.

• Haha 1

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted

On 7/10/2020 at 4:43 PM, MARAZZI said:

I thought about the delay entering the promo code as well, and two things came to mind ... #1 - If I am not mistaken, the entering of that Promo-code happens when your transaction is already at a step where “it’s considered in progress” and probably with an “inventory reservation” for the goods in order. Meaning that at that stage you are in the process of already buying a car and possibly already assigned to that transaction.  ... # 2 - if I felt that entering the promo code will cause a delay, and if I have the funds to buy the car otherwise, then leave the code for a different purchase or for later. 

You don't have anything until you complete order. Save the code for something else. 

Share this comment

CHILLBILL

Posted

How many did they make? 

Share this comment

Got the Stang yesterday and it is so cool, BUT I already can't wait to get this one! This VW is more my style. CAN'T WAIT! HW, you guys are coming with the HEAT for 2020!

Share this comment

TOYSMARKETPLACE@GMAIL.COM

Posted

so nice

Share this comment

marleys.diecast

Posted

I´m not a big VW-guy but this thing is pretty nice! 🤔😃

Share this comment

SADDLEBACK

Posted

23 hours ago, AGBCHIEF said:

Anybody who has ever read once what I've written will know by my i.d. I do NOT collect HWs. I "try" to obtain RLC exclusives for my little boy, who absolutely LUVS HWs and is to young right now to do this for himself. I resorted to the club to get him some nice, non-openers because we are unable to get him anything decent to collect here in my hometown, with all the adult hoarders scooping up anything and everything they can get their greedy, grubby paws on. My son doesn't do cubed HWs because we hang the collectible carded ones on his bedroom wall with all the other RLC exclusives I have been able to obtain for him. I actually got hold of 2 cubed versions he didn't want and I ended up displaying them myself at my spots in the house, workstation and bookshelf. I showed him this 1 and he was like, "Dad, pink, really, am I a girl?!" Well, like it or not I think it looks cool myself and hope he changes his mind about putting this on his wall of HWs should I be fortunate enough to "score" 1 unit. Good luck to everybody wanting to get hold of 1 of these for your collection of HWs and STAY SAFE everybody. The stupid virus is still looming large - Adam G. Bolonyi, Sr., USN, disabled.

Really....AGAIN??!!!! Is this your goal, everybody knows your name?????  Honestly.....sounds like it really is you who is the actual collector. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

13 minutes ago, SADDLEBACK said:

Really....AGAIN??!!!! Is this your goal, everybody knows your name?????  Honestly.....sounds like it really is you who is the actual collector. 

Theres one of these crybaby types on every forum

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

23 hours ago, AGBCHIEF said:

Oy Vey

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments