Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive 2020 Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals Volkswagen T1 Rockster!

By Gary Barnum

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals shows. In 2020, things may not have played out as expected, but you can still rock your collection with this commemorative Volkswagen T1 Rockster! Our RLC Exclusive 2020 Collectors Nationals edition will be offered at HWC on 7/14/20.

SOLD OUT

If you were unable to purchase this item,
please CLICK HERE to let us know.

Please understand that, due to limited production quantities, it's not possible for every member to get every item we offer.
We welcome your feedback to help us with planning future offers.

So as not to break with convention, this features a Spectraflame pink finish. It is contrasted nicely with sharp pearl white deco. And, for outdoor fun, we’ve mounted it up on Real Riders exotic wheels with off-road tires. Keep on rockin’!

GLH76_C_20_004_600px.png GLH76_C_20_005_600px.png GLH76_C_20_006_600px.png

GLH76_04.png

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Deco: Pearl white front and top
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders exotic wheels w/ off-road tires and red-stripe tampo
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• RLC blister card w/ Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available ONLY to RLC members (until item is sold out): 7/14/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $24.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

00ProCuda

Posted

Same here watched the clock, had all information in under 2 minutes and popped up that it was sold out. Question why it seems people on eBay already have these in hand to sell?.?.

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

2 hours ago, Jwright2548 said:

Sold out in less tha 3 minutes. How in the hell is this even possible. I can see that I have completely wasted my money on my RLC 2020 Membership. I wont be doing it again next year. Time to sell out and find a better hobby.

I understand! Just be careful what you say, even if it’s frustration!

You just might get ganged up on & made fun of because of what you think is within reason.. particularly from bullies who are considered ‘Tough Guy Toy Guys! Keep that chin up & ignore the opposition

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

Same boat, 2 min, it was gone. Selling out in  under 2 min? I suspect another error on their part. IF so, I'm sure they'll make it right. For those who missed out on the mustang, a $24.99 credit was a good move by Mattel

Share this comment

SADDLEBACK

Posted

3 minutes ago, SCHRAMMGUITARS said:

So how does the "bot" thing work? Maybe if we all use bots it will level the playing field?

I'm NOT a BOT user, but I have been really lucky with the sales. Not today though. I'm sure it was because the new system works really fast and there couldn't have been many available. Congratulations to all of you who got one!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

BPBODEN

Posted

Got in line at 1 hour and 15 minutes before.  At 9 went right to the order page.  Got to payment and it was SOLD OUT.  Really?  9:05 and sold out.  Perhaps there was another issue like the Datsun.  Bummer.

Share this comment

LB_CUSTOMZ

Posted

6 minutes ago, JustinRobert said:

The bots ate them all up fast thats what happen guess im done buying if sales going like that from now on. HWC now like supreme if you are not running bot program do not (bot) bother

Exactly. Worse decision ever to move to Shopify. Know Bot user platform. 

Share this comment

i added one, i entered payment info and complete sale, then it says sold out. shouldnt one be reserved unless i fail payment?

Share this comment

lapinera10

Posted

Its insane, 2 minutes and all sold out??? Its not fair, no chance for us to collect this pieces, just pay 3x 4x or 5x in other market places

unfair 

business vs collector

• Like 1

Share this comment

MELLISSA

Posted

i had this car in my basket but when i was about to buy it.it said it was sold out :-(

Share this comment

aaronv0501

Posted

Why did the link keep kicking me out to the forums. so forking annoying

Share this comment

EAGLE001

Posted

sold out way to fast

Share this comment

namenotusedb4

Posted

I didn’t get one, not happy about that but at least I don’t feel like I’m being screwed.......but I’m wondering why there is a pending charge on my credit card if it was sold out before I checked out. That doesn’t really seem right.

• Confused 1

Share this comment

PandasaurusRex

Posted

Very poor.  Mattel I wish you would improve this process.  I was on and clicked everything as soon as it opened and didn't even get close since it was out in less than 3 minutes.  But I can get one on e-bay for a much greater price, glad you are catering to the resellers instead of the actual collectors. 

Share this comment

BULLETPROOF420

Posted

I think you guys better check to see if people purchased before 9am

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

As this was a Nationals car, there was a limited number available for RLC members.  There was no listing for the quantities available which is usually listed when sending notice.  I didn't think it about this until it sold out in 2 minutes.  Kind of disappointing for most of us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

SILVER-WOLF

Posted

I liked the old system better. Shopify is just too bot friendly.

• Like 3

Share this comment

Negishi2005

Posted

3 minutes ago, Phrogflier said:

i logged on exactlt at 900 was in checkout and went to pay and was then told it was sold out.  all in 2 minutes.  something is wrong with this so called club.  hundreds will be on ebay and yet we cant get cars.  1st the website debacle with the nissan, then the canceled orders on the mustang, now 2 minutes all are gone.  what's wrong with this picture?  how do some get 5 then sell on bay and most of us get zero?  everyone stare sending in complaints

Remember, this is a convention car. Anyone could have had some from the nationals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Redlinerichie

Posted

I got it, how awesome is that. In and out in 3 minutes. Finally Mattel and Rlc got it right. So fricking cool.   I hope that most of my RLC brothers got it too. #redlinerichie  #mattelfreak  #rlccollector 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

TAnder3799

Posted

😡😡😡 sold out in 4 min. Come on!  I was checking out as it sold out.   Super bummed I didn’t get this.  Congrats to all the people who got one that set up multiple accounts to screw over the little guy.  👍🏻

Share this comment

dlind888

Posted

Already pre-sale on e-bay you boys not suppose to do that read the contract

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

members cant get it from the club, only on ebay

Share this comment

cahtisroo

Posted

Not a bot user...checked out 9:01....some of you just need to click faster...save CC info using chrome's auto form fill...stop whining...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

IRISHRACER28

Posted

I wish they would have told us how many they had allocated for this sale.  "Hey guys this item is limited to 2,500 units so good luck if your internet is mediocre."  Maybe we could have set our expectations a little lower.  Rather than get excited to have a sweet looking rock crawling RLC release only to see the fastest sell out through their new check out system.

• Confused 1

Share this comment

APSON82

Posted

Noooooooo! stepped away for less then 30 sec and SOLD OUT! already had it in my cart, just didn't check out fast enough. Nobody to blame but myself. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments