Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive 2020 Convention ’70 Mustang Boss 302!

By Gary Barnum

In the late 1960s, Ford found their championship Mustang challenged by a great manufacturing competitor. Nay, said they, and promptly developed the Boss 302. By 1970, they were running out in front again. Catch our RLC Exclusive ’70 Mustang Boss 302 if you can here at HWC on 10/20/20.

We’re trotting this special Spectraflame pink edition out in the spirit of a 2020 Hot Wheels Collectors Convention. It features Neo-Classics Redline wheels and a white rear spoiler. Don’t let it run away from you!

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1609_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1668_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1728_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1743_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1514_600px.jpg

Spec_Sheet_image_RLC_GLH81.jpg

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Deco: White stripes on hood and sides; white rear spoiler
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Neo-Classics Redline wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Light blue-tinted
  • Interior Color: White

Packaging:

• RLC blister in Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 10/20/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Subject to product availability.

HWC Staff
  • RLC Exclusive 2020 Convention ’70 Mustang Boss 302!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This goes on sale on my birthday so you know the hot wheel gods will let me get one

• Like 1

Share this comment

I am a Mustang fanatic but I'll pass on this one  it looks out of proportion and that spoiler is UGLY white.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

ORANGEBEARD

Posted

I don't have any pink cars in my collection. I will add this if I can!

I think it looks good, but the proportions do seem a bit off in pictures-- rear quarter-panel almost feels like a Gran Torino/ 70' Riviera.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Going to take a shot at it and hope I get my hands on one.

• Like 2

Share this comment

19 hours ago, Dave Cortes said:

Do you know how long it takes to arrive after the purchase?

6-8 months 😜Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

I am new.  How does this work?  How do we get one?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Maybe they can be paired together.. 🤩

IMG_20200811_071440.jpg

• Like 2

Share this comment

CARLZBAD

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, indiandunes said:

Here comes the ‘inside thing ‘  conspiracy theory AGAIN. I’m not an insider of any kind, yet most of the time I get the cars I want, but not always.  And you know what......because I don’t want to have a huge collection, I  sell some older cars when I get my new ones. If I get a new car and it’s “not all that”, I’ll turn right around and sell it. Sometimes for quite a profit👍 Hell, the $$$$ that the Candy Striper is selling for, I just might have to sell that one.  Guess I’m a “SCROUNGE BALL....whatever that is.  

Well said.  I get so tired of this “conspiracy theory” stuff. The disgruntled collectors ALWAYS have to bring it up in EVERY forum topic.  😜😜😜😜😜😜

Edited by CARLZBAD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

ngovinhtruong@gmail.com

Posted

Does this car have rubber tires? Thanks for your answer.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sadly I wasn't able to become a member this year because of the way they did the membership's after being a Member since the very beginning with only taking a 2 year break due to unexpected reasons. So I will not be able to get this piece which is actually a very nice piece and at 1 time I did own every party car that existed. With that being said and the way that they did the membership's this year I will not ever be joining or buying from this site ever again. When you change things up and screw people over you lose good honest people like myself and quite a few others. But I would like to say congratulations to everyone that will be getting this car because you were able to get a membership. It's definitely a nice piece

Share this comment

Pre-sellers I’m sure.  They list them hoping to ge em.  See it all the time.  I’ll wait til I have mine “in hand”.  

Share this comment

How about a run of about 25,000 cars so a lot of people could get one?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hi-octane

Posted

Does anyone know how many they will be? 
10000, 12500 or 15000? 

Share this comment

Zach Mansur

Posted

Are these numbered? If so, how many are made?

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Zach Mansur said:

Are these numbered? If so, how many are made?

These pink convention cars are essentially never numbered. 

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Hi-octane said:

Does anyone know how many they will be? 
10000, 12500 or 15000? 

Not numbered. We aren't told quantity, but doubtful anywhere near 10k.

Share this comment

On 10/16/2020 at 6:40 PM, Dodgem340 said:

I don't think this should/could be called a convention car...as Hot Wheels made no attempt to get this to ticket holders first. This would have been my first convention that I attended, to add insult to injury...Hot Wheels made no attempt to get this to ticket holders first.

image.png.187a66944a9380a580027d0d5c1b7837.png

This isn't necessarily all on Mattel/HW. From how the Rockster went earlier this year, it seemed it was a logistical nightmare. 

We (admins and mods) weren't told why they're just selling them all here first, but my guess would be due to how the Rockster went they decided to do the Mustang this way.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Dodgem340

Posted

2 hours ago, DOOMUS said:

This isn't necessarily all on Mattel/HW. From how the Rockster went earlier this year, it seemed it was a logistical nightmare. 

We (admins and mods) weren't told why they're just selling them all here first, but my guess would be due to how the Rockster went they decided to do the Mustang this way.

I don't know how the Nationals was worked out. I know originally, it looked like the ticket holders were not going to get it...but then something was worked out.

I would like to think, that they could have done something similar with how the Rotsun was worked out. MotorTrend sent the info to Hot Wheels, and they sent the car to the customer.

Share this comment

hey02fatboy

Posted

Going to be doing this mobile style as I am on the road. Hope I get 1.

• Like 1

Share this comment

hwholbrook

Posted

On 10/15/2020 at 9:49 PM, WHEATERZ said:

Gonna try for this one! 👌 Hope to get it or anyone else for that matter, and if I or anyone else.. are sure to get points for this too!

Remember the yellow Datsun 510 & the pink VW Rockster??!!.. 😒 waiting for those points & hope to get them by redemption time! 👍

I have not received any points.  

Share this comment

2 hours ago, hey02fatboy said:

Going to be doing this mobile style as I am on the road. Hope I get 1.

I feel your pain.  I’m in the same boat.  Never easy for me on the old iPhone.  Good luck to us😬

• Like 2

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Dodgem340 said:

I don't know how the Nationals was worked out. I know originally, it looked like the ticket holders were not going to get it...but then something was worked out.

I would like to think, that they could have done something similar with how the Rotsun was worked out. MotorTrend sent the info to Hot Wheels, and they sent the car to the customer.

But CEU would have to know if someone was RLC already too, where the Motortrend deal is open to anyone. 

Not sure if they were worried about another shipping fiasco too. 

In the end it was between Mattel and CEU for what to do.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Dodgem340

Posted

1 hour ago, DOOMUS said:

But CEU would have to know if someone was RLC already too, where the Motortrend deal is open to anyone. 

Not sure if they were worried about another shipping fiasco too. 

In the end it was between Mattel and CEU for what to do.

Was the Convention car only for RLC members at the convention?...I thought it was available to anyone. I would have to think that most people at the convention are RLC members anyway.

Share this comment