Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive 2020 Convention ’70 Mustang Boss 302!

By Gary Barnum

In the late 1960s, Ford found their championship Mustang challenged by a great manufacturing competitor. Nay, said they, and promptly developed the Boss 302. By 1970, they were running out in front again. Catch our RLC Exclusive ’70 Mustang Boss 302 if you can here at HWC on 10/20/20.

We’re trotting this special Spectraflame pink edition out in the spirit of a 2020 Hot Wheels Collectors Convention. It features Neo-Classics Redline wheels and a white rear spoiler. Don’t let it run away from you!

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1609_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1668_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1728_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1743_600px.jpg

GLH81_W_20_HW_Convention_70Mustang_Boss302_1514_600px.jpg

Spec_Sheet_image_RLC_GLH81.jpg

Specs:

• Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Deco: White stripes on hood and sides; white rear spoiler
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Neo-Classics Redline wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis
  • Window Color: Light blue-tinted
  • Interior Color: White

Packaging:

• RLC blister in Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 10/20/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $25.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 25
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type. Subject to product availability.

HWC Staff
  • RLC Exclusive 2020 Convention ’70 Mustang Boss 302!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, H4LOX said:

The difference between the VW t1 rockster and this mustang, speaking about the conventions, is that at the "LOS ANGELES" convention it was that Hotwheels already gave you the opportunity to acquire 4 exclusive cars, you want all the cake and have all 5, at Unlike the VW t1 rockster, where only that car was the only exclusive

Uh.... huh? 

What are you referring to, 4 exclusive cars? If you mean the Willys, Nissan, Chevy gasser and T1 panel, Mattel didn't give the opportunity to get those. CEU owns those and is who sells them, not Mattel. For the nationals the CEU convention cars were also given out, again by CEU and not Mattel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, H4LOX said:

The difference between the VW t1 rockster and this mustang, speaking about the conventions, is that at the "LOS ANGELES" convention it was that Hotwheels already gave you the opportunity to acquire 4 exclusive cars, you want all the cake and have all 5, at Unlike the VW t1 rockster, where only that car was the only exclusive

I think you should do some more research...there have been various threads providing the information.

CEU puts on the nationals/conventions, they work/contract with Hot Wheels to come up with various cars for the event. Hot Wheels provides the Pink event car and remains ownership of it. The ticket holders for the cancelled National event, got the event cars through CEU.

Not everyone can get a Charity car, as there are less of them.

Not everyone can usually get a Dinner car, as they are usually for the ones who have Dinner tickets.

The Rockster at first was not going to be able to be made available for the RLC ticket holders.

The difference is that they managed to get the RLC ticket holders the Rockster before they were sold here.

I by no means am an expert on the cars at the events, but this is what I have concluded from what I have read.

When I am privileged to have cake...I do enjoy eating it...this was the first event I had a ticket for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, DOOMUS said:

Uh.... huh? 

What are you referring to, 4 exclusive cars? If you mean the Willys, Nissan, Chevy gasser and T1 panel, Mattel didn't give the opportunity to get those. CEU owns those and is who sells them, not Mattel. For the nationals the CEU convention cars were also given out, again by CEU and not Mattel. 

But they already had a priority anyway, regardless of whether it was not mattel's decision, at the end of the day they are also aware that those cars had exclusivity for users with a ticket there, they very possibly made the decision.
Another thing, being members of RLC the same page tells us (We can have certain benefits to acquire certain pieces that are not contemplated in the exclusives of the page) an example this Mustang, at the end of the day by accepting to be accepted members all this to better or worse, it depends on each user, we accept these policies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

22 hours ago, Kristy98 said:

People with tickets did get theirs first. These i believe are extras left over 🙂

Nope....ticket holders din NOT get em first. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Guys the car is confirmed of it's total number that it been produced. This one only produced 5,000 unit, it's doesn't have S/N number however, the car was initially made as a giveaway for visiter to the Hot wheels dinner meeting in the USA ( the convention and national meeting ) thus this was only been produced in very small numbers just enough for the amount of the participant in the meeting, however due to Covid-19 all the meeting mentioned before was cancel and the cars was now put on sale through the RLC exclusive and it's already sold out after just 2 minutes after the sale open.

121726282_3379093245544956_9214029750205787014_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

JHG1442

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Mr. H said:

Great story and happy to see we have more and more ladies in this hobby!  Sounds like you are already building a great collection!!

Thanks, my collection is fair!  I mostly buy for my boyfriend's kids now.  They are 2 & 3, and got a giant play-set + 100 hot wheels last Christmas.  Kids & Hot Wheels were everywhere at Uncle Jim's.  We loved it.

Of all the nieces & nephews they have, I am the closest to my uncle & aunt (btw: Auntie really does have her own collection).  I care for the cat & house when they travel.  THEY specifically told me to "rob them", if anything ever happens to them.  To clarify, they said take whatever I want asap, since they have no kids.  The Redlines go to his cousin, but 25+ years of collecting, & 18 years in the RLC: you get the picture.  

Edited by JHG1442
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

Thanks a lot Mattel.  I was going thru the process to check out when the website stated the item was sold out.  There are currently over 100 on sale on ebay and the lowest price is currently at $87 plus shipping.  I have been a faithful RLC member for many years and my profile states that I collect Mustangs.  I am very serious when I say it is time I move on from this hobby.  Does not help when the company you support does not support the collector that spends thousands of dollars on their products.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this comment

10 hours ago, RoyceU21 said:

Guys the car is confirmed of it's total number that it been produced. This one only produced 5,000 unit, it's doesn't have S/N number however, the car was initially made as a giveaway for visiter to the Hot wheels dinner meeting in the USA ( the convention and national meeting ) thus this was only been produced in very small numbers just enough for the amount of the participant in the meeting, however due to Covid-19 all the meeting mentioned before was cancel and the cars was now put on sale through the RLC exclusive and it's already sold out after just 2 minutes after the sale open.

121726282_3379093245544956_9214029750205787014_n.jpg

I think you're confused what the difference between the dinner car and this release is...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, JHG1442 said:

Thanks, my collection is fair!  I mostly buy for my boyfriend's kids now.  They are 2 & 3, and got a giant play-set + 100 hot wheels last Christmas.  Kids & Hot Wheels were everywhere at Uncle Jim's.  We loved it.

Of all the nieces & nephews they have, I am the closest to my uncle & aunt (btw: Auntie really does have her own collection).  I care for the cat & house when they travel.  THEY specifically told me to "rob them", if anything ever happens to them.  To clarify, they said take whatever I want asap, since they have no kids.  The Redlines go to his cousin, but 25+ years of collecting, & 18 years in the RLC: you get the picture.  

She's right... I told her to take what she wants. 

WE LOVE HER to death, just mad at her for growing up so fast. lol.  She's 21 & we still call her "Baby"!   (dern, I'm about to tear up.) 😥

Edited by JIMMEE442
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

18 hours ago, CARLZBAD said:

Nope....ticket holders did NOT get em first. 

Not really sure what is “funny” or “confusing” about this????

Here it is.....This is the “Pink Party” car that used to be available for purchase, at the conventions,  by RLC members only, who had a convention ticket and were attending.  This is NOT the Dinner Car.  Also, this was NOT made available to ticket holders outside of this sale.  I did not have a convention ticket, so I was glad to have had a shot at this one.  Didn’t get one.....oh well. Also, I think ticket holders got screwed.  They shoulda had first shot.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

On 10/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, HYPROGLO said:

Got me 2! 

How did you get two when  there was a 1 car  limit !  You got my car!!!!!
please tell us ,&  please include name, address and a recent photo!,   Ha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

Member has 2 accounts....dah.  Totally legit! Get over it.  Why does everyone always act dumb when it comes to this. I tried to get one. I didn’t, but I don’t feel like I was ripped by this guy at all.  I’ll bet there are a lot of people out there that have more than one acct. and got more than one Mustang. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

18 hours ago, THORGY said:

Thanks a lot Mattel.  I was going thru the process to check out when the website stated the item was sold out.  There are currently over 100 on sale on ebay and the lowest price is currently at $87 plus shipping.  I have been a faithful RLC member for many years and my profile states that I collect Mustangs.  I am very serious when I say it is time I move on from this hobby.  Does not help when the company you support does not support the collector that spends thousands of dollars on their products.

just imagine how ticket holders feel. After 17 years of getting these at the shows, the rug's been pulled out from under us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

19 hours ago, THORGY said:

Are you serious here??!!??!Are you 3 years old?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this comment

Hang in there and rejoice when you do score, maybe it'll be the Charger next month. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

I can't get a RLC membership. It is sold out.😪

Share this comment

Yes it is sold out until next year in feburary or March. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Bummed out it sold so quickly its really not worth the excitement to be let down It took less then 2 minutes? I had one in my cart I thought went to check out and it was gone...... really bummed 

• Like 3

Share this comment

Good lord, some people here need help, you can't win all the time. I know i haven't.

• Like 1

Share this comment