Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RLC Exclusive 2019 Convention Custom Volkswagen

By Gary Barnum

Designed by Ira Gilford, the Custom Volkswagen was one of the Original 16 Hot Wheels releases in 1968. After over 50 years, it seems fitting that HWC issue the casting as one of our traditional RLC Exclusive Hot Wheels Collectors Convention editions sporting a Spectraflame pink finish and Neo-Classics Redline wheels. We’ll make a few available here on 10/22/19.

The Volkswagen Beetle was obviously named after a bug. Little Latin lesson for you: the word “insect” is derived from the Latin word “insectum,” meaning notched or divided. Well, this casting features a slide-open sunroof, so… But then there’s the Latin word “insector” meaning “pursue” — which is exactly what we anticipate you’ll be doing for this piece if you miss the offer. So we thought we’d bug you about it now.

GDF80_001-1?&fmt=png-alpha&wid=600&resMo
GDF80_002-1?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=60
GDF80_003-1?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=60
GDF80_004?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&
GDF80_005?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&
GDF80_006?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=800&
GDF80_007?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&

Specs:

• Features: Slide-open sunroof
  • Body Color: Spectraflame pink
  • Deco: White fenders
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Neo-Classics Redlines
  • Base: Full-metal, chrome-plated chassis and engine
  • Window Color: Light blue-tinted
  • Interior Color: White

Packaging:

• RLC blister card in Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 10/22/19 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $20.00 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Rewards Points for RLC Memberships (per purchase): 20
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWC Staff

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Been on a roll lately. Got the last 2 offerings for my boy, who's in school and better be learning since he can't get on here and do this for himself. Hope to score him 1 of these as an XMAS gift. He still doesn't know I "scored" the last 2 for him to open XMAS morning. Getting this 1 too would be icing on the cake, or, a star on top of his XMAS tree anyways, sure beats a lump of coal in the stocking. Adam (USN/disabled).

MATTEL ROCKS THE HOUSE! AND THEIR RLC EXCLUSIVE HOT WHEELS TOO!

Share this comment

I like her a lot. Will be in the waiting room hoping.
????????

Share this comment

This is going to be difficult with only 3500 produced.

Share this comment

I keep forgetting about them, hopefully ill remember this one, :)

Share this comment

Cool bug, this one might be difficult to get. I'm sure there are more than 3,500 RLC members out there. Lol

Share this comment

Oreothecamaro

Posted

Aweee this would have been so awesome to have - hoping to register next year for the membership .

Share this comment

I don't see 1/3500 stickers on the ones listed on eBay now.

Share this comment

Still wondering how to get a membership why does hotwheels tease like this.

Share this comment

Yes how long does it take to become a member? I requested months ago, on a waiting list I think don't know? Wish i knew when an if I can become a member next round up? Lost

Share this comment

ill be picking this up for sure. im fairly optimistic as I have all the other pink offerings :D

Share this comment

@EBaycraxy there is no waiting list. membership will open around feb or march

@richlaw around feb or march

Share this comment

I miss out on everyone! Not much chance here. Just buy them on e-bay. They got them plentiful. Don't see how one person can get so many!!

Share this comment

I have got 55 gasser 41 Willy Gasser Porsche 964 Datsun 240 Z and Honda S2000 didn't have any problems getting the 55 the 41 and 72 the Porsche 964 it took me over an hour to get kept getting kick out from address and credit card and the Honda S2000 I got kick out and had to go back to the waiting room the site is getting worse it's supposed to be better but ever since they mess with it . Seriously it's worse I am hoping to get this bug I seen online and my email it sent to me only 3500 but I don't see the number of production on here only thing I seen was one per customer.

Share this comment

Need this to finish my convention set, hopefully I'm lucky this time?

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

Looks great, hopefully luck will be with me on sale day.

Share this comment