Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Regarding 9/24 Porsche 964 RLC Offer

We wanted to provide an update regarding the issues that many experienced during the RLC sale this week.

In between this sale and the previous one – in other words, during a time when we weren’t expecting significant spikes in web traffic – we took advantage of the opportunity to implement some necessary network updates. The recent notice about updating your account information was related to this update.

Though we test these changes behind the scenes as best we can, sometimes there are unforeseen complications when the changes go live. That’s what happened with this most recent update. We apologize for the difficult site experience that many encountered on Tuesday.

Thank you so much for your membership and support. Before our next sale is scheduled, we’ll be working hard to ensure that the issues which arose today will not affect that sale or any others going forward.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What happens to those of us that got screwed out of being able to buy this car because of the issues this caused?

Share this comment

@MHORST1 Didn't you just got an apology? What else do you want, a hug?

Share this comment

I can honestly say I and another RLC member/friend were genuinely frustrated, however our persistence paid off in the end. I know how snags like this are, addressing the issue is all you can do. Mattel/Hot Wheels is doing their best and we thank them.

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

Thank you for the transparency and your efforts to resolve the issue.

Share this comment

this was the first sale this year i actually got the car through the club sale, i think it was better

Share this comment

I we going to have a second opportunity to get one?

Share this comment

So the rlc Lamborghini,Nissan skyline,Chevy C 10 probably won't get it either because of DS! Thanks

Share this comment

Jeffh624@gmail.com

Posted

Does anyone know the next rlc car that is coming out. Thank you

Share this comment

Worked thru the problems and got my car! Thank you Mattel/HWC STAFF. Well worth the wait/time. Ready for the next gem

Share this comment

They at least provided an explanation & if there's a learning curve with the update situation, hopefully they'll have a hold on it with future sales. Thanks for being upfront concerning yesterday's issues & please, please announce the sale the Lamborghini Countach ahead of time!

Share this comment

For those that didn't get one, maybe next time. It happens to all of us!

Share this comment

How do I buy any car? I was able to become a Redline Club member this year for the first time I have no idea how this site works how do I know when cars are available to buy how do I buy them when there available? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Share this comment

DARRENH233@HOTMAIL.CO.UK

Posted

Still not good enough HWs, whilst your apology is appreciated. You need to run another sale!

Share this comment

I tried to get one till they sold out with no luck. :( I have only had one successful transaction this whole year. It was a piece of cake. My computer also died this year. OH well that's the way it goes unfortunately.

Share this comment

I think it is only fair that HWS do honor those members who got jammed while trying to purchase the Porsche. I myself spent more than an hour looking at the turning gear and going back and forth trying to fill out shipping info that was already registered. My cart showed 1 order on Porsche however, the site would not advance due to a glitch. HWS should honor those members whom experienced the same malfunction and ended up not getting one despite the efforts and time spent.

Share this comment

I m not happy, I was on there for over one hour trying to buy.
Than it came up that I could not buy, that I had to be a RLC member to purchase.
I have been a RLC member for years now.
Than it came up sold out. Like I said I m not happy about this . John

Share this comment

I agree with some of the previous comments. I was logged in and ready to purchase when it was on sale. I was not able to buy one. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Share this comment

Thanks for the information. Keep pushing forward and providing the great cars. Information is key to success. Thanks

Share this comment

robnbobby@bellsouth.net

Posted

Thanks for the update , it was indeed very frustrating to get to the buy it page and be told over and over i'm not allowed to buy this car even though i'm a member and updated my account days in advance as instructed!!!!!!!!!

Share this comment

Everything went smooth here...thanks for the update on this matter though.

Share this comment