Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rare and Bare: 2020 ZAMAC Editions at Walmart

By Gary Barnum

Our rare “naked” Hot Wheels releases – the popular ZAMAC editions – return for 2020 with some exciting vehicles. They’ll be showing off at your local Walmart stores beginning with Mix E in February.

Stripped of paint, polished to a shine, these editions have become collector legends. They’re sure to stand out in your collection! Here we expose the first nine releases of the year; there will be nine more for us to reveal at a later date.

GHG33_PIP.png
GHG37_PIP.png
GHG43_PIP.png

2020 ZAMAC Editions Mix E Checklist (February 2020):

• ’64 Chevy® Impala™
  • ’85 Honda City Turbo II
  • Land Rover Series III Pickup

GHG35_PIP.png
GHG31_PIP.png
GHG39_PIP.png

2020 ZAMAC Editions Mix F Checklist (March 2020):

• ’68 Chevy® Nova™
  • ’16 Bugatti Chiron
  • Porsche 917 LH

GHG40_PIP.png
GHG32_PIP.png
GHG29_PIP.png

2020 ZAMAC Editions Mix J Checklist (April 2020):

• ’64 Chevy® Nova™ Wagon
  • ’87 Dodge D100
  • ’98 Subaru Impreza 22B STi-Version

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

REDBARON1818

Posted

More ZAMACS I'll never find at my local Walmart ..(Don't think they make it out onto the pegs!) NICE SET THOUGH!! 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

BABYRAIDER

Posted

why don’t mattel step up the game and do a Flamed our Zarmacs set instead of the same ol same O

Share this comment

2 hours ago, BABYRAIDER said:

why don’t mattel step up the game and do a Flamed our Zarmacs set instead of the same ol same O

They would have a hard time topping the flamed 50th ones.

image.png.25f8c24f0f759174f99af96d46fdd2c5.png

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, REDBARON1818 said:

More ZAMACS I'll never find at my local Walmart ..(Don't think they make it out onto the pegs!) NICE SET THOUGH!! 

i have the same problem too

Share this comment

STANG.MAN

Posted

I agree, another set I'll never see. I think I found 2 zamacs last year. It is a nice looking set though.

Share this comment

CDNWalker

Posted

They look great. 

No chance of finding a single at Walmart. Employees thin out the boxes before they get the shelves and most multipacks get ripped open right on the shelves. 

The hunt is what I love the most.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

Keep hunting I found all last year good luck

Share this comment

I got all the zamacs last year. And I will be on the hunt for all the zamacs this year and I can't wait to add all of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

• Like 1

Share this comment

007menhorn

Posted

Zamac distribution is TERRIBLE around here. Will be lucky to find a quarter of them. The cases and bins we get just don't have them in it.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Can Mattel tell us why they don't appear in Canada anymore?

Is that on purpose? Do they not make them on international cards anymore?

Share this comment

voodoo_g8_gt

Posted

Just more ZAMACs that will never see the light of day at my local Walmarts.  I've found numerous hunts but never a ZAMAC.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

LARRYROCHACZ@AOL.COM

Posted

How about offering these Zamac sets through the Red Line Club. No one gets them but Walmart employees.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

rusty red

Posted

Do these ever make it out of the stockroom? I'm so tired of seeing cases from the stockroom at WM opened on the bottom and top when they come out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

washer_dryer.2278@yahoo.com

Posted

i found zamacs on wlamart.com last year was able to get whole set just had to order extra 

Share this comment

Davidstingray

Posted

On 1/22/2020 at 7:51 PM, 6T9BOSS9 said:

They would have a hard time topping the flamed 50th ones.

image.png.25f8c24f0f759174f99af96d46fdd2c5.png

You're right, that is a great set!  I've stashed several of these sets away for my grandkids 

Share this comment

510Diecast

Posted

On 1/22/2020 at 6:03 PM, REDBARON1818 said:

I've been collecting 10 years now and it's unbelievable the amount of Walmart & Target employees that are skimming cases or setting hunts aside for later. One store was hiding the zamacs in generic boxes and putting everything they didn't want on the pegs. I always encourage other collectors to call the manager of their local store and if that doesn't work get the general manager and tell him whats up. Even if it goes nowhere you've started a paper trail and paper trails eventually change things.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 1/23/2020 at 9:46 AM, 007menhorn said:

Zamac distribution is TERRIBLE around here. Will be lucky to find a quarter of them. The cases and bins we get just don't have them in it.

Same problem around my area. I always find the case in between the zamacs in bins.

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

I guess  I got it good the young ladies at the greatest toy store set things aside for me you know what they say keep your enemies close all in fun happy hunting 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Aaronwyatt1981

Posted

I've been going to the same stores everyday for years. I clean up the area. Ask people how they are doing. Employees ask me what I'm looking for when they see I don't buy nothing for a while. I let them know and in a little while I have fresh case of whatever waiting for me when I go in. They always take care of me. Walmart target or dollar store. 

Share this comment

Zamacs commonly come in bins. Problem with bins are they are usually one-and-done by case mix. Takes a small handful of people to go through a bin and have mostly generic castings left. If zamac cases were stocked 1 or 2 at a time more people might get their hands on them.

Some zamacs have been found in 9 packs, but not very common, it would be nice if they put them in those more often, good way to move 9 packs.

Share this comment

Daniel Scott Schwab

Posted

On 1/23/2020 at 4:10 AM, STANG.MAN said:

I agree, another set I'll never see. I think I found 2 zamacs last year. It is a nice looking set though.

Ill just get the big box at the end of 2020 and b fine ! Lol , pretty simple, just be quick with the procedures , and move on , 🙏i get the 2019 big box for now , 

Share this comment

On 1/23/2020 at 7:47 AM, sdelia said:

Can Mattel tell us why they don't appear in Canada anymore?

Is that on purpose? Do they not make them on international cards anymore?

Good question I'd like to know that too  Was great when we could find them up here too

Share this comment

21 minutes ago, 78TASE said:

Good question I'd like to know that too  Was great when we could find them up here too

Sure was great to see them while they lasted.

Posed a similar why not in Canada question once and was advised that it was due in part to a different distribution system for the Canadian market.

Not the answer I was looking for either..................

Share this comment

Redlinerichie

Posted

I've found 3 Zamac's today, all from 2019 but cool just as well. I love these 2020's, I'm really impressed with what Hotwheels comes up with.  Happy Collecting everyone..

20200202_174146.jpg

20200202_174135.jpg

20200202_174127.jpg

20200202_174120.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment