Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

It's a "Desert Rally" for Car Culture Mix 4!

By Allen Voivod

Our Car Culture Premium Assortment for 2019 is about to do something it's never done before! Never before have these all-metal castings been created in honor of off-road racing, but now it's time to add that to the mix. Mix #4, in specific – the "Desert Rally" set of five.

Turns out that Real Riders wheels are a perfect fit here, too, and we're thrilled to debut a new tool – the Volkswagen "Baja Bug"! It features a removable roof rack, and a spare tire as well. All five castings feature decos from our designers' adrenaline-fueled imaginations and inspired by authentic racing liveries. They look so real, you'll want to take them out to the dunes immediately, but don't! Use your own imagination instead, and keep these clean and safe in your collection at home.

FYN74_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
'70 Oldsmobile 442

FYN73_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
'80 Dodge Macho Power Wagon

FYN70_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
'88 Jeep® Wagoneer

FYN71_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
'17 Ford F-150 Raptor

FYN72_PIP?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=400&
Volkswagen "Baja Bug" (new tool!)

Car Culture Mix 4 – Desert Rally Checklist:

• '70 Oldsmobile 442
  • '80 Dodge Macho Power Wagon
  • '88 Jeep® Wagoneer
  • '17 Ford F-150 Raptor
  • Volkswagen "Baja Bug" (new tool!)

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The Baja Bug and the Olds are the two winners here for me

Share this comment

REDBARON1818

Posted

I'M 3RD!! WHEEEEE!! LOL Sorry...Nice set! I was able to just get these recently. I wish they would have made the Bug less plastic looking and Dislike the wheels on the Olds Should have given it "Steelies"

Share this comment

Just got this set a few days ago. The wagoneer is my fav of this line up. Don't see this one much. Excellent paint color for the body and the white roof really brings out the detail. Even inspired me to add the hw boulevard one from years back to my collection.

Share this comment

RITZY4RUNNER

Posted

Since when is the Olds 442 been a desert racer? LOL! Heck I can take pretty much any HW car body, put it on a Pathbeater or other 4x4 chassis and have an "Desert Rally Racer! I've already done customs of several car castings back in the 90's. Not hard to do, just gotta match up the wheel wells to the chassis. Nice idea, and some of the reall off-road warriors could easily be in the series.

Share this comment

All 5 of those new car culture desert rally cars and trucks are all awesome. ?I will be on the hunt for all 5 of those and I can't wait to add all 5 of those to my hotwheels collection. ?

Share this comment

Just picked them up at Target and they look awesome in person! The Bug is hands down my favorite! Sure to be the hard one to find!!

And Ritzy4Runner, the Olds is based on a real car that was driven by the late actor James Garner

Share this comment

Hope to find these sweet rides. The ford and the power wagon got me interested

Share this comment

I just got these and it is an awesome set! The Olds is simply fantastic in that deco and the Wagoneer is a real standout!

Share this comment

puke green bug (yuck) imho, you just ruined the CC series with that vw clown car.

Share this comment

POWERANDSTEEL

Posted

something different ! very cool !!

Share this comment

Don't collect HWs, only get some for my son. But this set is a must have for me personally. I've seen them in the store, and the pictures here can't really do them justice. Lots of nice, bright coloring, stickers, tampo and such to make each one of the 5 stand out on their own merit, let alone getting all 5 of them to own.

Share this comment

I lost my mind when I saw them, great way to show off the new truck tires & wheels while showing how tough the existing tires & wheels are. Baja bug jumped out at me, started there, so nice. Score, thank you.

Share this comment

Not a bad set , picked them up at the convention for $4 each , got extra for wheel swaps.

Share this comment

Why don't you make more of these instead of limited quantities? All you are doing is feeding the scalpers and screwing those that just want to collect them. Now if I want to buy them, I have to spend $20 bucks (plus shipping and handling) on EBay to do so. Stop feeding the scalpers and take care of your REAL customers, I guarantee that you will sell more if you do.

Share this comment

THIS IS A MINT SET GLAD I GOT ALL FIVE AT WALMART TODAY I REALLY LOVE THIS SET NICE COLORS AND MINT CARDS AS ALWAYS

Share this comment

showed up while they were stocking a box of these. got everything but the raptor. just dont like that truck.TAZ

Share this comment