Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In Case You Missed It: The 2019 Hot Wheels Super Treasure Hunt Set!

By Gary Barnum

Nothing says “Hot Wheels collecting” quite like Super Treasure Hunts. If you’ve come up empty on your hunt, here’s one last chance to get the 2019 Super Treasure Hunt set.

SOLD OUT

A cornerstone of the hobby since they were introduced in 1995, Treasure Hunts have become a driving passion for collectors. And with Super Treasure Hunts, the stakes are only higher. These 15 thrilling editions are always hard to find, but here they are in one place. Bring home a set if you can!

Each set contains one each of the following 2019 Super Treasure Hunt editions:

• ’68 Mercury Cougar
  • ’69 Corvette® Racer
  • ’90 Honda Civic EF
  • ’92 Ford Mustang
  • ’18 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
  • Back to the Future Time Machine - Hover Mode
  • Corvette® Grand Sport Roadster
  • Lamborghini Aventador J
  • Mazda REPU
  • Morris Mini
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Street Creeper
  • Tesla Model S
  • Volkswagen T2 Pickup

GDF98_600.png

GDF98_PIP_002.pngGDF98_PIP_003.png

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Packaging:

• Each car is on a blister card, divided into two display cases within a decorative outer box
  • Each set features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/1,300)

Availability:

• Available Only to RLC Members (until item is sold out): 3/17/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $199.99 plus shipping and processing each; this item will include a $13.99 surcharge for U.S. shipping; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • NOTE: You MUST be a 2020 RLC member to purchase the 2019 Super T-Hunt set (you can't purchase the set if you were a 2019 member and aren't a 2020 member). Also, if you purchased one at the original sale, you won't be able to purchase another at this time. 
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

© Universal City Studios LLC and Amblin Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hot Wheels Collector

Posted

It was sold out in 7 minutes time??? OMG... I am seriously thinking is it worth to get the RLC membership...

• Sad 1

Share this comment

mikemcd126

Posted

I didnt even make it to the shopping cart but I knew how few were available and no doubt 20x the amount of ppl trying to buy so I'm not salty. Big ups to mattel for running it back after catching shenanigans on the 1st sale.

Share this comment

Got mind in and out in 5 minutes fantastic thanks Mattel 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Well i tried again and failed again. Congrats to those of you that got one. Sold out in 7 min. Wow ! Well lets see how many of these pop up on fleabay. Hope my buying luck gets better.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sir Chandestroy

Posted

what a joke😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

johnnyn773

Posted

Sold out?? 

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, mikemcd126 said:

I didnt even make it to the shopping cart but I knew how few were available and no doubt 20x the amount of ppl trying to buy so I'm not salty. Big ups to mattel for running it back after catching shenanigans on the 1st sale.

I dont want to be salty lol but I am...1300 sets sell in 8 minutes some people get in 5 minutes others at later times. I was sitting here since 7:30am so was 30 minutes early and didnt even get close. That is a little discouraging. Not hating on Mattel it just seems to be very flooded and it doesnt sound like it was like this in previous years. Worst part is most of these will end up on Ebay.

Edited by Jonwon79

Share this comment

So stupid!!

waited in the waiting room for 1/2 hr just to get kicked out and then went back in and its sold out!  

Share this comment

mikemcd126

Posted

Just now, Jonwon79 said:

I dont want to be salty lol but I am...1300 sets sell in 8 minutes some people get in 5 minutes others at later times. I was sitting here since 7:30am so was 30 minutes early and didnt even get close. That is a little discouraging. Not hating on Mattel it just seems to be very flooded and it doesnt sound like it was like this in previous years.

I agree, not getting the item does kinda blow. But this item was for sale already back in December and they caught ppl scamming the cart so they canceled the orders and this was a 2nd chance. New 2020 members were never supposed to even have a shot. There are 25000+ members so 1300 is super low even if all were still available. Dont be too put off by this particular sale it is much easier to get the items that have 10k or 12.5k production. That said, the site does have its "issues"

Share this comment

TheKing4345

Posted

No dice... waited and waited until sold out 

Share this comment

Sir Chandestroy

Posted

3 minutes ago, Jonwon79 said:

I dont want to be salty lol but I am...1300 sets sell in 8 minutes some people get in 5 minutes others at later times. I was sitting here since 7:30am so was 30 minutes early and didnt even get close. That is a little discouraging. Not hating on Mattel it just seems to be very flooded and it doesnt sound like it was like this in previous years.

ive been on since 2am.. its now 3:30..

there were only 1100 online users.. if 1300 units were available. how could we miss out?

• Like 1

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, mikemcd126 said:

I agree, not getting the item does kinda blow. But this item was for sale already back in December and they caught ppl scamming the cart so they canceled the orders and this was a 2nd chance. New 2020 members were never supposed to even have a shot. There are 25000+ members so 1300 is super low even if all were still available. Dont be too put off by this particular sale it is much easier to get the items that have 10k or 12.5k production. That said, the site does have its "issues"

Thank you lol knowing this does actually make me feel better : ) 

Edited by Jonwon79

Share this comment

milosockz

Posted

Never made it through the queue unfortunately until it was sold out. Hoping this is not how all RLC drops go 

Share this comment

Greenback81

Posted

Temporary means there's going to be more right? but I still won't be able to purchase. Thank God I bought this joke of a membership so I can get the cars I want...

Share this comment

mikemcd126

Posted

6 minutes ago, Sir Chandestroy said:

ive been on since 2am.. its now 3:30..

there were only 1100 online users.. if 1300 units were available. how could we miss out?

Most of the 1300 were already sold months ago. I would guess they had 400 at most but thats just a total guess.

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

30 on Ebay already...some even putting up screen shots of their completed orders page. 

• Sad 1

Share this comment

GARYWENDT

Posted

Another disappointing shot at the elusive hunt set.... maybe next year..........................

Share this comment

Jonwon79

Posted

3 minutes ago, mikemcd126 said:

Most of the 1300 were already sold months ago. I would guess they had 400 at most but thats just a total guess.

I just got really excited because my cart showed a "1" in it but when I went in it was of course empty...it almost looks like I may have had one but when I originally got in the "add to cart" button was greyed out. Oh well.

Share this comment

mikemcd126

Posted

Yes that does happen with the cart, theres also something called the "gears of death" that you will probably run into in the future. Where you click to complete the order and the red and yellow gears just spin while it sells out.

I have noticed that with most RLC sales, about 2-4% of the total production numbers end up on Ebay. Make of that what you will.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

STEALTH7USA

Posted

Why doesn't Mattel institute a subscription system like the US MINT?   This would give your production people a clue on how many sets to make and collectors the ability to purchase a set without any issue...   Seems so odd that the "collector" can't purchase a product that they would like to have after purchasing a membership.  Does anyone from marketing actually read these suggestions and other comments showing the level of frustration?

• Like 2

Share this comment

FGrossi

Posted

So nice to see all the reseller trying to resale on eBay for $500-$600 . Just ridiculous!!! 
it would be nice if you guys actually give the people who enjoy collecting a chance to get them . 
50% or more of those people you are sending sets to don’t care at all to have them . Only in it to try and make a quick couple hundred dollars . 
PATHETIC !!! 

• Sad 1

Share this comment