Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

HWC Shelby Toyota 2000GT: Available September 29

By Gary Barnum

Carroll Shelby built three versions of the Raymond Loewy-designed Toyota 2000GT in 1968. It's worth over $1 million now, but our edition can be had for significantly less.

Specs:

• Body Color: Gold Afflair White w/Red hood
  • Deco: Authentic 1968 SCCA "33" livery w/hand-spray-painted detail
  • Body Type: Full metal
  • Wheels: Neo-Classics Redline wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, Gold Afflair White-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Clear
  • Interior Color: Black w/hand-spray-painted details
5f4e98ef-dc65-4565-a9fb-8deca3e87847.full.jpg?1
6e95748a-f356-4e39-8ead-734f2218ab43.full.jpg?1
6ba3c1f4-f4e8-4561-9d2c-339b7e4aad18.full.jpg?1
128626d8-5b9d-4e18-8607-f07fef94159e.full.jpg?1
10ff7285-4770-447f-942f-dddf1eab8cc0.full.jpg?1
4c0a0520-113c-445e-921f-ccf0a3f62e74.full.jpg?1
88ae2047-1580-4d4a-8d36-088984c54d7c.full.jpg?1
c1004c57-78c5-4bd6-bbaa-d0e6b3a9f136.full.jpg?1

Packaging and Quantities:

• Packed in a Hot Wheels Kar Keeper case
  • Individually numbered sticker (xxxx/3,000)

Availability:

• RLC 24-hour Priority Window: 9/29 at 9 a.m. PT
  • Everyone (if not sold out): 9/30 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $14.99 plus shipping and processing each (Canadian customers shipping to Canada pay the standard shipping rate plus an additional $5.00; Shipping to PO Boxes within the US by Expedited Mail pay the standard rate plus an additional $15.00)
  • RLC members earn three (3) Rewards Points when purchasing this item during the RLC Priority Window
  • One each per RLC membership during the RLC 24-hour Priority Window
  • No limits on the second day (if quantities remain)
  • Refunds only; no exchanges

Production car may vary from the photo shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Its updated as back on! late breaking news back on.

Share this comment

Nice car, even with those Crappy Wheels,but a good dose of Real Riders will make it Right!...The one only deal isn't to cool either. And then there's the waiting room thing too. Hmmm....We'll see.

Share this comment

Guest popajohn1572373438

Posted

Some one posted that they did not see this item on the site. I guess they looked in the wrong place.
As long as the cars being offered are listed here ahead of the actual sales date, I don't need an email from CS.
This works just fine for me.

Share this comment

PASSIONPRINCESS

Posted

Not happy about changing quantity limits in the middle of the year. Is there any other way you can find to screw paying members over? I'm sure if you think about it you can come up with some more ways. I'm just about done with this poor excuse for a club.

Share this comment

Definitely not happy about the new limit... but things could be worse, right? Gotta pity the poor canadians paying extra shipping in addition to their weakened dollar.

Share this comment

Looks like a winner. Like the 1 per membership. Thanks Gary!. Hope this one goes as smooth as the Maxi.

Share this comment

Want see many of these on the auction sites right away. Most will wait and see what they will go for later. With only 1 as the buy limit and only 3,000 this will be a well sort after car. ?

Share this comment

Limited to one for PAYING members?! Guess I wont be PAYING to be a member next year! BAD move Mattel. You have to give people who PAY a reason to do so!

Rod

Share this comment

PAINTER_PARTISAN

Posted

LIMIT changed AFTER I PAID.. Not Cool Man [SHAKES HEAD], I want 2 cars one to open and I want 6 POINTS. HOW CAN I GET THAT NOW? You changed the rules D!ΘK$

Share this comment

PAINTER_PARTISAN

Posted

SMOOTH AS TH MAXI??!?!? If I get a JACKED up CARD wih BENT SEPERATED CORNERS "SHOVED" in the protecto I AM GONNA BE P!$$3D. If you LIMIT them then you better FIRE some packers......

Share this comment

I like the 1 per membership. Limit. I am a member and there have been many times I missed out because of limited quantities and everyone buying 2.

Share this comment

Like the price point,the over all look of the car look's good I like that thick enamel
look, the wheel's work but the wheel's that are on the RLC blue shelby cobra would
be better,art work as allways look's great I don't mind how much you can get
as long as I get a shot at one, this is going to go great next to the 510 & 240z,
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.......

Share this comment

I can live with one per membership right now. It at least makes it more possible to get one before they sell out. I think most of the criers are those that live in the ebay world.

Share this comment

What do I think? .... I think my rewards points just got cut in half! Maybe reward cars will be 4 1/2 points instead of 9 ;)

Share this comment

PROEXTERMINATOR

Posted

Works for me, all I need is one and it definitely looks better than I thought it might.

Share this comment

nice car but LIMIT ONE on the RLC window???!!!??? this greatly diminishes any advantage the RLC gives us .... like another user wrote " i want one to open and one to keep in the package"

Share this comment

THEAFGHANTWILIGHT

Posted

Why the abrupt change in long-time rules? TLC have always been allowed to attempt purchasing two, and cars that were not series releases were always available to everyone HWC and above on day one in the past. Way to mess with everyone who has supported you over the history of the club. ?

Share this comment

Car and card looks great,wheels meh. Needs RR's. I'll buy 1 for trade bait.

Share this comment

Why limit this release to only 3,000?
Everyone knows this would easily sell at least double, and probably triple that number. It makes no sense to me for Mattel to consciously leave money on the table and alienate thousands of it's RLC members with these far-too-low release numbers.

Share this comment

Seems to Me the people complaining about the limit change are the hoarders wanting to re sell for a profit. Too bad for them, I just want one for Myself

Share this comment

Thanks for putting the limit on
One is all I need
I'll be back next year, membership is cheap and I really don't believe anyone is purposely trying to make a mess of things
Stuff happens
Hope I score one of these they look fantastic!

Share this comment