Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HWC 2020 Red Line Club Memberships: Don’t Be Left Out!

By Gary Barnum

We know how much you want to be in the Red Line Club, and we want you to know we appreciate it. Our recent offer sold out faster than a Hot Wheels car reaches the end of the orange track, so we’re going to open more memberships for you! Be ready to join the 2020 Red Line Club on March 10, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PT.

We’re going to offer members from 2019 a 36-hour Priority Window for renewal. After that, we’ll open any remaining memberships to everyone. You should note: there is a purchase limit of five memberships per household, and we take this very seriously. We will be auditing purchases to ensure that the first orders placed are renewals, and we’ll be watching for anyone who breaks the purchase limits. Our Agreement states that your membership may be revoked at our sole discretion if you are suspected of such behavior without refund. Don’t risk it.

PLEASE NOTE: Memberships are limited, and you are not guaranteed one will be available for you to purchase.

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_406 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_428 copy.jpg 

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_475 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_459 copy.jpg 

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_488 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_496 copy.jpg 

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_512 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_526 copy.jpg

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_Skyline_232 copy.jpg

The Membership Kit:

The annual membership car is always special. For 2020, we present the Nissan Skyline GT-R (BNR34). The GT-R just celebrated its 50th anniversary, while the R34 just celebrated its 20th. So when you join the RLC in 2020, you’re joining at least two celebrations!

Specs:

• Features: Opening hood
  • Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 6-spoke wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis and engine w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black w/ painted details

Also included with your membership kit is a shiny 2020 RLC metal button featuring an image of the car in vintage Hot Wheels style, plus you’ll receive the 2020 RLC membership patch designed by our own Steve “HWC Van” Vandervate.

The Membership:

All the benefits below become part of your collecting experience when you join the 2020 RLC. You’ll get plenty of mileage from these!

HWC Cars Priority Window: RLC members get an exclusive Priority Window on most of our online sales. Only RLC members can place orders during this Priority Window. The length of the Priority Window will be announced for each sale, but it will not be less than 24 hours. Our cars frequently don't last past the Priority Window, so this is your best chance to pick up your favorites.

RLC Exclusive Cars: Many of the vehicles we release will only be offered to Red Line Club members, so make sure you join if want the exclusive opportunity to purchase certain items.

RLC sELECTIONs: We’ll add another edition to the thrilling and innovative series this year. Our sELECTIONs editions are chosen with direct input from RLC members! It's your chance to help us with the creation process — vehicle, color, and wheels. Only club members get to vote for these, and we only offer them to club members when they become available.

RLC Rewards Program: As a Red Line Club member, you will earn one Rewards Point per dollar spent on specified items in the Shop*. Watch for more details on this year’s Rewards program soon, but make sure you join now and start ordering merchandise to earn those Rewards Points.

Free Shipping: As an RLC member, you will receive free Standard Shipping on any order totaling $49 or more**! The more you purchase, the more you save.

Also, certain HWC site content is only for RLC eyes — you don't want to miss that kind of information.

So are you ready to step up your collecting game? Pick up your Red Line Club membership, and start getting serious about having fun with Hot Wheels!

Packaging:

• Each membership vehicle is packaged on a blister card with a collectible button in a Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available only to 2019 RLC members for a 36-hour Priority Window beginning 3/10/20 at 9 a.m. PT
  • Available to anyone beginning 3/12/20 at 9 a.m. PT (if not sold out)

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries; Please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • 1 membership per individual email address; limit five (5) per household
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type. 

*Rewards Points are earned on product purchase price after any coupons and discounts are applied, and exclude dollars spent on shipping, tax, and membership fees. Points are earned on specified items throughout the earning period for use on site during the Redemption Period late in 2020. 

**Valid after discounts and before shipping, handling, and/or taxes are added and applies automatically at checkout. Must select Standard Shipping to qualify. Not applicable to initial RLC membership purchase; will apply to purchases made thereafter. Excludes shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico, international, P.O. Box, and APO/FPO addresses. Expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/2020. 

Please note: RLC Membership only entitles you to receive the membership kit, the free shipping offer, and the exclusive content described here. RLC Membership also provides the opportunity to purchase RLC-exclusive items; the opportunity to purchase HWC items during announced RLC priority sales windows; and the opportunity to redeem Rewards Points for various items. Memberships are limited, and you are not guaranteed one will be available for you to purchase.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

THIS GUY

Posted

24 minutes ago, likwidsoul said:

I followed INSTRUCTIONS and was patient and just got my 1st RLC membership and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for 2nd chance guys! I'm here for life! 🤩

Funny how that works out.

Share this comment

New to the club! So excited I was able to get a RLC membership 🙂

Share this comment

Jeauxonme

Posted

First time member here. Forty year old man super excited lol. I just clicked on RLC membership option. Waited in the room and viola sign up page popped up. 

Share this comment

VTEC508

Posted

😞😞😞😞😞😞😞 I spend two moths with the membership page open just so I don’t forget to get one even put 4 alarms to remind me for nothing sold out in two seconds I had never ever had one I was trying to get one and join this awesome membership but it seems so impossible to get 😞 

Share this comment

AGBCHIEF

Posted

"SOLD OUT!" Me thinks obtaining RLC exclusives for 2020 is going to be very competitive, no matter how many memberships there are. Not everybody that is hoping to "score" an exclusive will. Many members will be happy they are obtaining an exclusive and there will be just as many that are disappointed they didn't get the month's offering and will either accept their fate and the way the chips fall for them, and there will be those who didn't get one who will ramble on as if Mattel has it out for them and the conspiracy against them is personal, these people need to just chill out. I missed out on a few last year for many of the reasons people complained about but that didn't cause me to boo-hoo and wail. Be patient and you just "might" get another shot at what you missed a 2nd time around at the end of the year but each one might get "SOLD OUT" before you have a chance at acquiring one, which happened to me last year myself. LET THE EXCLUSIVES FOR 2020 BEGIN!

Share this comment

PurpleHouseGrooves

Posted

i am new to the RLC Membership.

How do you find your RLC #? 

Share this comment

PurpleHouseGrooves

Posted

51 minutes ago, VTEC508 said:

😞😞😞😞😞😞😞 I spend two moths with the membership page open just so I don’t forget to get one even put 4 alarms to remind me for nothing sold out in two seconds I had never ever had one I was trying to get one and join this awesome membership but it seems so impossible to get 😞 

Sorry hear bud!

Internet Connection (Speed) is huge with such high demand products.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Nebubba

Posted

I can say this - I don't sell cars on eBay like some do! I've got original cars from when hot wheels started!!  I can't believe how hard it is to join the red line club!!

I had one in the basket trying to purchase it. then your system was messed up I called in then next thing my basket was empty!!

Share this comment

PINKMAGGIT

Posted

I missed out due to a technical error not allowing me to renew, then sold out today before I could get a membership with the masses. Gutted, though not surprised, with the way this site (barely) works.

Share this comment

HWRLCMEMBERSHIP

Posted

Final - I had not the 2020 RLC membership.

Share this comment

Jake333

Posted

The RLC should be invite, not first come first serve. If this club is exclusive as it seems to be, why isn’t the membership list properly researched and invites be sent out to applicants. For the regular 9-5 working class who can’t sit and wait watching a screen minutes after the release. 

The people available within the first couple minutes are probably all very familiar with the internet and in turn EBay. Guess I’ll just have to pay excessive amounts on shipping to obtain some cars again this year off eBay. So, congratulations Mattel you played yourself. 

Share this comment

DPETTY102

Posted

On 2/20/2020 at 1:57 PM, mikemcd126 said:

Mid Night Purple. Very nice

Miss my chance , I had a RLC membership but I was working out of town when this chance came up, I hate it but that's the way it goes sometimes! waiting on another chance ,good luck to those who got in.

Share this comment

dash_rex

Posted

I was in DC at the Spy Museum. I'm old school PC guy but feel like things are made for phones now so I tried that route and it was smoother than most of my RLC purchases last year. I missed the first round I think due to their website having browser issues.

Share this comment

SLUGGO1

Posted

Is anyone else getting a shipping notification on membership package (car/button/patch)?!? As far as I knew, these were back-ordered to June. Saw the disclaimer that says "kits may ship sooner than the backorder date", but this seems WAY ahead of schedule. It even showed the expected delivery date as TODAY! (March 20) when I checked FEDEX "tracking" (even though all that shows in details is that "shipping info sent to FEDEX"). "Expected delivery" was subsequently changed to "Pending" since it obviously didn't make it today, but still!.. Anybody know if this is for real, or are they just claiming shipment so they can charge credit cards? .. (yeah yeah... maybe a little overly cynical, but given the economic circumstances, Mattel may worry that people's finances may be decidedly worse by June, so getting the charges posted NOW, rather than June when the risk of maxed out cards is higher, isn't a baseless possibility).

Share this comment

BABYRAIDER

Posted

Some other member stated the same as you I don’t know if they received theirs or not but if mattel said it’s shipping it’s for no reason other then it did ship and it will arrive if not on date stated then soon after

Share this comment

Jwright2548

Posted

Mine was shipped overnight thru FedEx. I received my email after it was already delivered

Share this comment

Received a notification from FedEx that my car was to be delivered on Saturday21st and never received the package,  now the delivery shows pending. Anyone else? I'm sure its because of the current situation.

Share this comment

Daniel Scott Schwab

Posted

Im not trippin , like i said earlier, it dont realy matter wen they ship a skyline. Wow! A skyline , lol we had our memberships within five minutes of the first round so that’s all that matters to us really. I ain’t tripping on the skyline. I know that they will send it when they send it. Our memberships were the most important part.

Share this comment

So, it shows that I have an RLC membership number, and it shows that Mattel has received my order for the membership.  However, there is no information when I click 'view details.'  There also has not been a confirmation email, or any charge on my card.  I signed up as a returning member in the priority window on March 10.  I just want to make sure that everything is ok with my order.  I understand that this is not the best maintained site, and there are plenty of glitches along the way.  I also understand that during these current times, there are bigger issues going on in the world and there may not be as much staff on hand to handle these problems.  That said, I would just like to know that everything is OK with this order so I can plan to have my card charged sometime in August (the time I was informed it was backordered till from when I completed (?) my order originally).  I realize it has been almost 3 weeks since I initially realized these issues, but as said, there have been bigger problems to deal with in that time frame. 

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

Share this comment