Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HWC 2020 Red Line Club Memberships: Don’t Be Left Out!

By Gary Barnum

We know how much you want to be in the Red Line Club, and we want you to know we appreciate it. Our recent offer sold out faster than a Hot Wheels car reaches the end of the orange track, so we’re going to open more memberships for you! Be ready to join the 2020 Red Line Club on March 10, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PT.

We’re going to offer members from 2019 a 36-hour Priority Window for renewal. After that, we’ll open any remaining memberships to everyone. You should note: there is a purchase limit of five memberships per household, and we take this very seriously. We will be auditing purchases to ensure that the first orders placed are renewals, and we’ll be watching for anyone who breaks the purchase limits. Our Agreement states that your membership may be revoked at our sole discretion if you are suspected of such behavior without refund. Don’t risk it.

PLEASE NOTE: Memberships are limited, and you are not guaranteed one will be available for you to purchase.

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_406 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_428 copy.jpg 

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_475 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_459 copy.jpg 

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_488 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_496 copy.jpg 

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_512 copy.jpg     GLH90_W_20_Nissan_SKyline_526 copy.jpg

GLH90_W_20_Nissan_Skyline_232 copy.jpg

The Membership Kit:

The annual membership car is always special. For 2020, we present the Nissan Skyline GT-R (BNR34). The GT-R just celebrated its 50th anniversary, while the R34 just celebrated its 20th. So when you join the RLC in 2020, you’re joining at least two celebrations!

Specs:

• Features: Opening hood
  • Body Color: Spectraflame purple
  • Deco: Authentic manufacturer logos
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders 6-spoke wheels
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis and engine w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black w/ painted details

Also included with your membership kit is a shiny 2020 RLC metal button featuring an image of the car in vintage Hot Wheels style, plus you’ll receive the 2020 RLC membership patch designed by our own Steve “HWC Van” Vandervate.

The Membership:

All the benefits below become part of your collecting experience when you join the 2020 RLC. You’ll get plenty of mileage from these!

HWC Cars Priority Window: RLC members get an exclusive Priority Window on most of our online sales. Only RLC members can place orders during this Priority Window. The length of the Priority Window will be announced for each sale, but it will not be less than 24 hours. Our cars frequently don't last past the Priority Window, so this is your best chance to pick up your favorites.

RLC Exclusive Cars: Many of the vehicles we release will only be offered to Red Line Club members, so make sure you join if want the exclusive opportunity to purchase certain items.

RLC sELECTIONs: We’ll add another edition to the thrilling and innovative series this year. Our sELECTIONs editions are chosen with direct input from RLC members! It's your chance to help us with the creation process — vehicle, color, and wheels. Only club members get to vote for these, and we only offer them to club members when they become available.

RLC Rewards Program: As a Red Line Club member, you will earn one Rewards Point per dollar spent on specified items in the Shop*. Watch for more details on this year’s Rewards program soon, but make sure you join now and start ordering merchandise to earn those Rewards Points.

Free Shipping: As an RLC member, you will receive free Standard Shipping on any order totaling $49 or more**! The more you purchase, the more you save.

Also, certain HWC site content is only for RLC eyes — you don't want to miss that kind of information.

So are you ready to step up your collecting game? Pick up your Red Line Club membership, and start getting serious about having fun with Hot Wheels!

Packaging:

• Each membership vehicle is packaged on a blister card with a collectible button in a Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available only to 2019 RLC members for a 36-hour Priority Window beginning 3/10/20 at 9 a.m. PT
  • Available to anyone beginning 3/12/20 at 9 a.m. PT (if not sold out)

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries; Please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • 1 membership per individual email address; limit five (5) per household
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type. 

*Rewards Points are earned on product purchase price after any coupons and discounts are applied, and exclude dollars spent on shipping, tax, and membership fees. Points are earned on specified items throughout the earning period for use on site during the Redemption Period late in 2020. 

**Valid after discounts and before shipping, handling, and/or taxes are added and applies automatically at checkout. Must select Standard Shipping to qualify. Not applicable to initial RLC membership purchase; will apply to purchases made thereafter. Excludes shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico, international, P.O. Box, and APO/FPO addresses. Expires at 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/2020. 

Please note: RLC Membership only entitles you to receive the membership kit, the free shipping offer, and the exclusive content described here. RLC Membership also provides the opportunity to purchase RLC-exclusive items; the opportunity to purchase HWC items during announced RLC priority sales windows; and the opportunity to redeem Rewards Points for various items. Memberships are limited, and you are not guaranteed one will be available for you to purchase.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

mikemcd126

Posted

Mid Night Purple. Very nice

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Sweet! This will be my first RLC membership and was just wondering if "Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each"  is $CAD for us 🤓 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

DHJust

Posted (edited)

That purple looks amazing! Got my money ready for Tuesday. 

Edited by DHJust

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

I will be there at the start of it all for my 16th straight year. Cannot wait. Thanks for the info GARY.

🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

im excited, but i hope the quality of the cars will be more consistent with less smudges and less dinks on the car. looking at the pictures above, you'd notice a dink on the front left fender and smudge on the right door. oh and also properly stuck tampos. my current r34's rear break lights isnt aligned well.. sigh

• Like 2

Share this comment

REDBARON1818

Posted

Awesome job on this one!!  Really nice details!!  That purple looks great!  Big thumbs up on this one!!  👍

Share this comment

NYMATT666

Posted (edited)

M  N P midnight purple ? really? thats what that stands for on the plate?

Edited by NYMATT666

Share this comment

Moparfanatic

Posted

Ready and waiting......this is looking to be an outstanding year with what's already been previewed as well as the surprises that are sure to show up thru out the year!!!! Gentlemen, start your wallets!!!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

How much it cost to join as a member? 

Share this comment

JENNYJONES4

Posted

Lets see how many time the site crashes and ask to "sign in".......! 

• Haha 2

Share this comment

rdjlachance

Posted

15 hours ago, ismar said:

Sweet! This will be my first RLC membership and was just wondering if "Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each"  is $CAD for us 🤓 

Last year the membership cost me between $65 and $70 Canadian with shipping. RLC cars run me about $55 with shipping for the rest of the year.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, ismar said:

No, it will cost you around 67$ CND shipping and tax included.

Share this comment

DEATHWALKER

Posted

16 hours ago, ismar said:

$29 US plus like another $15 for shipping

Share this comment

cars4dylan

Posted

That right door of the one pictured...woof...🤦‍♂️🙄

(driver's side of this JDM)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

That is a cool car. 👍

Share this comment

Sugarcaddi

Posted

As groucho Marx's once said I would belong to no club that would have me as a member.with the Highs and lows ,I'll always be a part  of this culture so welcome to the new and happy hunting  to all!!1582297510871848941819117455618.jpg.61000d3ac460ff8f1c5a8d1ee042bd53.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Would be nice if the “bitters” just didn’t join. Nobody is forcing them to join. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this comment

4 hours ago, rdjlachance said:

Last year the membership cost me between $65 and $70 Canadian with shipping. RLC cars run me about $55 with shipping for the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Blaize said:

No, it will cost you around 67$ CND shipping and tax included.

Oh wow... thanks guys!

Time to reconsider hahahaha

Share this comment

I have experienced exactly zero of the above named problems to any great extent whatsoever and was able to get every release I tried for. And with the Rewards program, I picked up pretty much whatever else I wanted as well.

I'm in for another great year.

• Like 1

Share this comment

So that's 2 for 2 so far of 2020 RLC items being 29.99 + Shipping. Seems to be the new trend.

In my opinion, the quality has gone up in terms of cool features that the cars have, so it makes sense, but still. Almost $40 per car. Ouch.

• Like 2

Share this comment