Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

HW Collector Display Case Plus Exclusive '83 Chevy® Silverado™!

blog-header_HWC-Collector-Display-Case?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=850&resMode=sharp2

By Gary Barnum

How many Hot Wheels do you have? More than you can show off, right? It's an ongoing dilemma, but we've got a solution: this Hot Wheels Display Case! And we're including an exclusive '83 Chevy® Silverado™!

The Display Case can hold up to 50 Hot Wheels. The dual doors swing open, plus the case includes sturdy feet so you can stand it on a surface—but they're removable so you can also mount it on a wall!

The exclusive '83 Chevy® Silverado™ is a collectible piece of its own. With Hot Wheels racing-themed deco and the 50th Anniversary logo, it also features a die-cast chassis and Real Riders five-spoke wheels with red stripe tampo. That's one to show off right there!

Look for these in our Shop now. Grab a few of them, and show off your wheels!

FVM11_News01?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2
FVM11_News03?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2
FVM11_News05?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2
FVM11_News02?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2
FVM11_News04?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2
FVM11_News06?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2
FVM11_News07?&fmt=png-alpha&qlt=85&wid=600&resMode=sharp2

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WILLIEB47

Posted

Thanks Gary,will be buying one soon.
??

Share this comment

TEPEAGLE

Posted

Umm. Won't find them in stores??? I just saw one at Fry's for the same price. When they first came out another Kroger chain had them for $60.

Share this comment

CHIODO7

Posted

Yeah, I'm a bit confused too. They sell them on Amazon for less with free shipping. The Silverado looks exactly the same?

Share this comment

Tulip_53

Posted

I agree, their cheaper at walmart and pick up at the store.

Share this comment

RC1981

Posted

Fake News.

Share this comment

Guest 87576576

Posted

Just picked up 2. Will look nice in my son's room with his collection.

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

Thanks for the head's up. I will be getting one. ?

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

Sorry guys... that was a misstatement in the article, from a previous draft. This is available at Amazon and other stores, as noted above. This is the same SKU, with the same '83 Chevy SIlverado, as those offered at retail.

Share this comment

GREENCHEVY

Posted

I like it. I just got it yesterday as my early Father's Day gift.

Share this comment

felipevelez81

Posted

It's nice. I have a question, when will the next HW RLC car will be available?

Share this comment

GotGoat1967

Posted

?this 50th anniversary case is just soooo last year!?, should be half price!!! ??

Share this comment

ZEROTHEWANDERER

Posted

I guess the only upside here is you get points for the purchase. Few bucks cheaper on Amazon and free shipping w/ prime.

Share this comment

Guest 85677864

Posted

Late to your own game again mattel.....at least you're consistent......

Share this comment

BigEd1572371297

Posted

I already own 4, but its still not enough !

Share this comment

hotsauce1234t

Posted

I love it I'm going to enjoy it I got so many Hot Wheels I got to put them in there and I love this Silverado?????

Share this comment

TIMB1961

Posted

Amazon's price was variable from week to week. Originally $49.99 each with free shipping w/o having to get sucked into prime, ie., watch for minimum purchase offers. It was as low as $34.99 for 1 week last year. Points, personally, who cares about the newest modified point accrual & redemption system. The tried & true method of old was best as you were truly 'Rewarded' with exclusive vehicles specifically produced & individually #'d making them truly collectable & desirable. That lasted from 2005 through 2014 or so. Then the 9 point per redemption method was nixed as Mattel saw that they were losing money by making their, then loyal, membership base happy. The next year or so was a completely different redemption scheme. Emphasis on scheme that worked well with speciall produced vehicles as well. Again happiness was had & Mattel lost money again. Now, the current scheme de-values your loyalty to pennies on the dollar & offer non-specific items from the shop that they can't sell otherwise. That being said many that I know including myself used to be driven to buy more to get more points for desirable diecast. That has become a mute point but none the less Mattel is not obligated to offer any points at all. It is their prerogative. Being though the thin & the thick of it since before the inception of A.B. & Associates RLC in 2001. This is meant respectfully. Buying habits of the many have been directly altered by the schemes that are offered. RLC member11/12/2001. timb/thePlantman/Timb1961.....Peace ;>)

Share this comment

TIMB1961

Posted

Not to mention the 2 years that turned into 4 years when RLC renewals were not offered for 2, district periods when the previously accrued points were rolled over into the respective memberships extension into the successive years, twice. I am sure that long time members or at least members from pre 2017 fully understands & recalls all of the back orders & quality control issues of thepast.
Ramsburg(sp?), single dip, double dip or triple dip, chrome polished, non- chrome polished zamac, spectraflame, spectrafrost & over all paint adhesion..... the thin & the thick. Information/knowledge is power & hate is poison. timb-thePLantman

Share this comment

Is the truck loose or in a blister card?

Share this comment

Nope, it doesn't come on a blister card - just watched a video of a kid opening one. Cool looking truck tho...

Share this comment

el_picardo1572369468

Posted

It is meant to fit 48 cars. I managed to fit in 50 with the VW/Porsche Team Transport, and squeezing in a short car between Snake and Mongoose on their respective trucks. Great display though!

Share this comment

omegamaxx

Posted

I got mine from Amazon, the shelves weren't clear, they are a solid white, also low profile cars don't sit right because there is a bracing line across the shelf, it probably adds strength and prevents sagging, but a lot of my cars don't sit on the tires, the chassis hits that bracing. Overall, a great unit, mine is mounted on the wall

Share this comment

FIREBIRD02

Posted

GREAT time for this to show up here. . . NOT! These have been out since before Christmas; NOW you're trying to sell them? Got them on ebay months ago, way cheaper with free shipping!

Share this comment

Hardcor05

Posted

Looks awesome

Share this comment