Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Gary Barnum

In case you missed it: the "Rotsun" was created from a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z by Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows. Is it the wrong thing done right? We can definitely say it’s right for your collection!

Thanks to the Hot Wheels partnership with MotorTrend, you can pick up the Rotsun and a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. Stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free!

To take advantage of this two-part offer, click this link..

PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate offer from the two-car offer from March which included the ’71 Datsun 240Z. If you purchased that offer, you will still receive those cars. This is a limited time offer, and supplies are limited.

When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Due to legal measures passed halting most business operations to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, shipping of the car will be delayed until further notice. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as this item will be shipped to you. We anticipate that you'll receive the "Rotsun" vehicle approximately 20 weeks after we begin to ship the product, which we anticipate will begin in November. These dates are subject to change. Please see the Official Rules for more details about anticipated shipping dates.

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Location_056_600x500.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0923_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0906_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_1011_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0953_400x300.jpg

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Packed on a special blister card with Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available to anyone: 8/18/20

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

this is all I'm seeing 

Screenshot_20200818-140403_Samsung Internet.jpg

Share this comment

AndyHWC

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Scootereed said:

So why is this $20 cheaper then what probably 90% of us paid

Because it only comes with the second car. The first promo had 2 cars.

Edited by AndyHWC

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

1 hour ago, FlaBoy said:

this is all I'm seeing 

Looks like you are already an MT subscriber

Share this comment

Milwaukee414

Posted

I clicked the motortrend link .. I got the year subscription for $29.99 ..    I am now a motortrend member, but i did not get any information about the Roadkill hotwheels car.... how do I know if I'm going to get it.. I dont want a motortrend membership for no reason... the hotwheel is the only reason I got it... my question is, where do I get details or how do i know if i got the hotwheel? I was only told I'm a member of motortrend now and that's it 

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, FlaBoy said:

how do I find that? I sighed up for something but it didn't work.. 

I don't know. I tried to follow the links to the MT/HW offer but I couldn't find it. I already signed up for the offer in March and since it's new members only, maybe that's why I couldn't find the link.

I remember there was a problem like this in March when the first offer came out but I thought they would have fixed it. Looks like they haven't.

I guess you're on your own.

Good luck,

Phil

Share this comment

Cwaterboy

Posted

38 minutes ago, fitsector said:

Looks like you are already an MT subscriber

I got the same thing but I am not a previous subscriber nor did I get the previous 2 cars.

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

That roadkill rotsun is awesome. 👍I will wait and see if I can find this at a car show or at a toy show. 

Share this comment

Dodgem340

Posted

2 hours ago, FlaBoy said:

this is all I'm seeing 

If you are seeing this, you are probably signed into MotorTrend with that browser. Sign out of MotorTrend, and the subscribe page should come up...or copy the link, and try another browser. The MotorTrend account uses the email address that you provided. If you are having problems, you might try a second email address, if you have one.

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted (edited)

During the first sale in April they said it would ship at the end of the year. Yes, it is the same. No you don't have to be an RLC member, anyone can get it.

Any other questions? Go re-read the articles they do a pretty good job of explaining it, if you read at a 4th grade level or higher.

Edited by THIS GUY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

ONLY a 20 week wait from November , expect to get it mid 2021 if ALL goes well ..

• Haha 1

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

It's not even letting me create an account, I put in my information and hit continue and nothing happens.

• Confused 1

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

Last time I paid my $50 for both cars but two days later I got an email saying my payment method was denied.

• Confused 1

Share this comment

this has been the most  Confusing by I have ever dealt with on this website I have no idea if I've purchased the item..  Hell I can't figure out how to purchase the item even if I want to... this is crazy

• Like 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

THE 1st time was not like a typical sale, but directions given did work.  🤞

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

IF you purchase the two car set back in April, you do NOT have to do anything to receive the Rotsun. We will be shipping this car starting in November. It will ship both to people who bought the April 2-car subscription offer as well as those buying the single car offer which started this week.

DO NOT purchase the subscription again if you are only interested in receiving the Rotsun... you will receive it as part of your original subscription purchase. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

On 8/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, Pressflow said:

Please confirm:

1# -if we already register for the previous 2 car offer April (mainline & realriders version) we will still be get this car. 

2# - if we already register once the only way to get this car as single is to create a second account? Is there any way a existing clients to get this offer?

thanks 

Answer #!: Yes,we will be shipping the Rotsun this fall to both April subscribers and those subscribing now. 

Answer #2: The subscription offer is only available to new accounts. So yes, if you want to purchase the single car now, after purchasing the 2-car set in April, you will need to create a new account. 

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

I can't even sign in to their site. They're telling me I already had an account but I have no password for it, I created a new password but when I hit continue, again, nothing happens. I hung it up.

Share this comment

Dodgem340

Posted

15 hours ago, Iron Storm 1962 said:

I can't even sign in to their site. They're telling me I already had an account but I have no password for it, I created a new password but when I hit continue, again, nothing happens. I hung it up.

The email address you are using is in their system...use another email address if you have one. You could always create a new email address for this offer. Once you sign up with a new email address to MotorTrend, you should be able to create an account with them. You don't have to use the email address you created for anything else, except for signing into MotroTrend to watch their media.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I ordered the prescriptions last year have not received the two cars yet I have called them set them emails all I get is a run around they look like nice cars if you ever get them but I wasted $50 for nothing

Share this comment

Dodgem340

Posted

On 8/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, PAULE said:

I ordered the prescriptions last year have not received the two cars yet I have called them set them emails all I get is a run around they look like nice cars if you ever get them but I wasted $50 for nothing

I think the offer was in April of this year.

You should be able to log into motortrendondemand.com and verify your subscription. Motor Trend was supposed to give your mailing information to Hot Wheels to mail the cars.

I received the first car about a month ago.

image.png.f87b49047fe3789a256ab6b8af7c7d4c.png

• Like 1

Share this comment

WFFLAN2099

Posted

On 8/15/2020 at 8:13 AM, TMS_1970 said:

The show might be funny and entertaining.  I understand that the Hot Wheel is a replica of a car built on the show.  I used to watch Top Gear and loved how they would create custom cars for their challenges.  But I wouldn't want any 1:64 replicas of those sitting on a display shelf in my house either.  It's just not my cup of tea as far as collecting goes.  Can't a person share their opinion without everyone making judgments about their intelligence or sense of humor?  Does it personally offend you when people have other opinions?  Attacking others because they have a different opinion seems to be a plague in this country.

Nope, I"m not offended in the slightest by people having different opinions.   You seemed to be lacking understanding of the whole deal, and essentially complained about the car.   I haven't complained about the Selections choice this year.  I voted.  My choices lost.   I"m sure there are people who love it.  Its OK to not like something and not buy it.  If you offer an opinion, you will be discussed with.  It was suggested that you don't get it by the first guy who responded to.  You complained about the answer.  I jumped in and said that you do apparently lack a sense of humor.   As the guys on Roadkill have referred to the Rotsun.   "This garbage has never failed to fail."    IF you don't want it, don't buy it.  I think you lack the sense of humor to appreciate it.   That's OK, not everyone has the same taste in comedy or entertainment.  I hate zombies.  Feel free to attack that point of view if you disagree.  I won't take it personally.  But stop painting yourself as a 'victim' here.   You clearly have NOT WATCHED THE SHOW  and its not that hard, it has stuff on youtube for people who don't pay for cable.  Its on cable.  Take a comment as it was meant.  To inform you and offer suggestions as to why it might appeal to you.  Instead you decided it was a personal attack.  I don't know you, how could this be a personal attack?  By the way, I haven't bought it.  Not sure if I want to.  I think they should offer the whole stable of Roadkill cars as a line.  And the recolors can be the vehicles at various stages of the deconstruction and reconstruction.  The Rotsun has had three engines.  Same with the Disgustang.  The Vanishing Paint Challenger has different 'looks'.  The General Mayhem also can have multiple looks.  If you don't understand what I'm talking about you need to do some work and look this up, if its not for you, that's fine.  But you essentially dissed the whole deal. Did I complain?  Nope, I tried to EXPLAIN. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

aprsha2914.sr

Posted

I signed up and my motor trend works but I didn't get any confirmation about the car. Anyone else experience that?

Share this comment

TMS_1970

Posted

23 hours ago, WFFLAN2099 said:

Nope, I"m not offended in the slightest by people having different opinions.   You seemed to be lacking understanding of the whole deal, and essentially complained about the car.   I haven't complained about the Selections choice this year.  I voted.  My choices lost.   I"m sure there are people who love it.  Its OK to not like something and not buy it.  If you offer an opinion, you will be discussed with.  It was suggested that you don't get it by the first guy who responded to.  You complained about the answer.  I jumped in and said that you do apparently lack a sense of humor.   As the guys on Roadkill have referred to the Rotsun.   "This garbage has never failed to fail."    IF you don't want it, don't buy it.  I think you lack the sense of humor to appreciate it.   That's OK, not everyone has the same taste in comedy or entertainment.  I hate zombies.  Feel free to attack that point of view if you disagree.  I won't take it personally.  But stop painting yourself as a 'victim' here.   You clearly have NOT WATCHED THE SHOW  and its not that hard, it has stuff on youtube for people who don't pay for cable.  Its on cable.  Take a comment as it was meant.  To inform you and offer suggestions as to why it might appeal to you.  Instead you decided it was a personal attack.  I don't know you, how could this be a personal attack?  By the way, I haven't bought it.  Not sure if I want to.  I think they should offer the whole stable of Roadkill cars as a line.  And the recolors can be the vehicles at various stages of the deconstruction and reconstruction.  The Rotsun has had three engines.  Same with the Disgustang.  The Vanishing Paint Challenger has different 'looks'.  The General Mayhem also can have multiple looks.  If you don't understand what I'm talking about you need to do some work and look this up, if its not for you, that's fine.  But you essentially dissed the whole deal. Did I complain?  Nope, I tried to EXPLAIN. 

I shouldn't have let the comments bother me, but they did at the time.  If someone wanted to have a real discussion with me about it, I think they should have asked me why I don't like it.  Instead you both decided that I must not like it because of this or that.  You seemed to imply that there is something wrong with me for not liking it.  I didn't appreciate that.  

As a member, I think I have a right to express my opinion about the products being produced.  You're right, I don't have to buy it.  I just want them to know that not everyone loves it.  Maybe they value our opinions.  Maybe they don't.  It doesn't matter.  

• Like 1

Share this comment

Whats up with this? When the offer first came around I paid $50 for the year subscription and the 2 cars. Now it says the cost is $30 is it just for the Rotsun version of it? 

Share this comment