Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Gary Barnum

In case you missed it: the "Rotsun" was created from a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z by Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows. Is it the wrong thing done right? We can definitely say it’s right for your collection!

Thanks to the Hot Wheels partnership with MotorTrend, you can pick up the Rotsun and a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. Stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free!

To take advantage of this two-part offer, click this link..

PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate offer from the two-car offer from March which included the ’71 Datsun 240Z. If you purchased that offer, you will still receive those cars. This is a limited time offer, and supplies are limited.

When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Due to legal measures passed halting most business operations to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, shipping of the car will be delayed until further notice. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as this item will be shipped to you. We anticipate that you'll receive the "Rotsun" vehicle approximately 20 weeks after we begin to ship the product, which we anticipate will begin in November. These dates are subject to change. Please see the Official Rules for more details about anticipated shipping dates.

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Location_056_600x500.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0923_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0906_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_1011_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0953_400x300.jpg

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Packed on a special blister card with Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available to anyone: 8/18/20

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

cliffcon

Posted

Now they offer all the left overs that they couldn't sell . Then wait a year for the car What do they do drive them here.

Share this comment

14 hours ago, PHILFRY said:

Recent ad on Motor Trend TV is offering a year subscription at $2/month. Therefore you'll be getting the Rotsun for $6.00

Phil

are you saying motor trend is selling these cars? or are u saying you can get  A motor trend prescription to watch all the videos for $2 a month??

Share this comment

PHILFRY

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, FlaBoy said:

are you saying motor trend is selling these cars? or are u saying you can get  A motor trend prescription to watch all the videos for $2 a month??

Motor Trend is selling the subscription for $2.00/month MINUS the car. Therefore if you pay the $30.00 subscription PLUS the car, you're basically paying $6.00 for the car.

Simply, you're paying $24.00 for the year without the car or $30.00 with the car. Net is $6.00 for the car.

Phil

Edited by PHILFRY
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

still waiting on my second car

Share this comment

sp4c3m4nsp1ff17

Posted

I've never seen Roadkill, but I can't imagine a better "before/after" pair than a collab with another Motortrend show: Wheeler Dealers. They've even done a Datsun 510 on the show that would have been absolutely killer in a Hot Wheels version...

Wheeler-Dealers-Datsun-510 (1).jpg

wheeler-dealers-datsun-510.jpg

Share this comment

this sucks i'm still waiting on both cars and now everyone can buy the one datsun 

Share this comment

MottRats

Posted

i believe that HW is making the Second car an individual purchase option? I'm hoping that I am reading it right, in that, those of us who got the FIRST car, are by default getting the SECOND car in the time frame referanced. But now, others that missed the FIRST CAR have a chance to purchase the SECOND as a "Stand Alone" without the Motortrend Subscription?

Matter of fact it says that right here.  Except re-reading it.  It's a second chance at the whole deal... Now that CAR 2 Is on the horizon and has a release window in sight.

20200817_100811.jpg

• Confused 1

Share this comment

BIGEASYSAINT

Posted

7 hours ago, MottRats said:

i believe that HW is making the Second car an individual purchase option? I'm hoping that I am reading it right, in that, those of us who got the FIRST car, are by default getting the SECOND car in the time frame referanced. But now, others that missed the FIRST CAR have a chance to purchase the SECOND as a "Stand Alone" without the Motortrend Subscription?

Matter of fact it says that right here.  Except re-reading it.  It's a second chance at the whole deal... Now that CAR 2 Is on the horizon and has a release window in sight.

20200817_100811.jpg

The second car WITH the MotorTrend subscription for $30.

Share this comment

so are u buying just the car 2mro? or are you buying a  Magazine scripture option also?

• Confused 1

Share this comment

AWESOME1

Posted

2 minutes ago, FlaBoy said:

so are u buying just the car 2mro? or are you buying a  Magazine scripture option also?

I bought a 1yr suubscription to MT tv and the car comes with it for $29.99. I bought the $23.99 special and it doesn't qualify for the car and the link isn't on their site so make sure you do it on the proper link or whhatever. The link to get the car and tv app is  http://motortrend.com/hotwheels. It is the only place to get the car & the app. Magazine is another charge it says.

Share this comment

rdnelson66

Posted

where are we going to buy this car??  any help is appreciated......

• Like 2

Share this comment

rdnelson66

Posted

15 minutes ago, rdnelson66 said:

where are we going to buy this car??  any help is appreciated......

I found it.... googled Motor Trend Hot Wheels.... it is for new subscribers only..... 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, rdnelson66 said:

I found it.... googled Motor Trend Hot Wheels.... it is for new subscribers only..... 

Ugh. I see that now. Be nice if they'd extend the offer for returning subscribers, like a reward for brand loyalty.

Share this comment

Mustang9494

Posted

Do you get an email saying you get the car or not? Just has you sign up

Share this comment

When is the next K-Day?

• Haha 2

Share this comment

Feel bad for those that bought this during the first offering.  They should have enticed new signups with a DisgusTANG...........

Share this comment

Why can't I buy this? it tells me I'm not a member but I'm definitely a member & its not letting me buy anything.. WHY WHY WHY

Share this comment

On 8/14/2020 at 9:51 PM, PHILFRY said:

Recent ad on Motor Trend TV is offering a year subscription at $2/month. Therefore you'll be getting the Rotsun for $6.00

Phil

how do I sight up

Share this comment

Scootereed

Posted

So why is this $20 cheaper then what probably 90% of us paid

Share this comment

22 minutes ago, FlaBoy said:

how do I sight up

Phil

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted (edited)

No interested in the MT subscription, hope by the end of the year Mattel can offer this cars as part of the reward points sale. 

Edited by fitsector

Share this comment

angelabeth1074@yahoo.com

Posted

Question... I placed the order today through the link.  I got the email for the streaming service but I haven't heard anything about the the Hot wheels car being ordered along with it,.  Did I do it wrong and will miss out on the car or do they just not followup?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

37 minutes ago, PHILFRY said:

Phil

how do I find that? I sighed up for something but it didn't work.. 

Share this comment