Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Gary Barnum

In case you missed it: the "Rotsun" was created from a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z by Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows. Is it the wrong thing done right? We can definitely say it’s right for your collection!

Thanks to the Hot Wheels partnership with MotorTrend, you can pick up the Rotsun and a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. Stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free!

To take advantage of this two-part offer, click this link..

PLEASE NOTE: This is a separate offer from the two-car offer from March which included the ’71 Datsun 240Z. If you purchased that offer, you will still receive those cars. This is a limited time offer, and supplies are limited.

When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Due to legal measures passed halting most business operations to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, shipping of the car will be delayed until further notice. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as this item will be shipped to you. We anticipate that you'll receive the "Rotsun" vehicle approximately 20 weeks after we begin to ship the product, which we anticipate will begin in November. These dates are subject to change. Please see the Official Rules for more details about anticipated shipping dates.

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Location_056_600x500.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0923_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0906_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_1011_400x300.jpg

GRF98_W_20_Rotsun_Studio_0953_400x300.jpg

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Packed on a special blister card with Kar Keepers clamshell case

Availability:

• Available to anyone: 8/18/20

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Chevywolf

Posted

Such a great show. Please make The General Mayham!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Robbyjones

Posted

Only usa again !!!! I need this car! Love this show

• Sad 1

Share this comment

is this same as 2nd car from previous offer or do we have 3 rotsun cars in total being offered?

Share this comment

alextakesphotos

Posted

Im confused, for those of us who already did the two cars back in March does that mean we can't get this one? 

• Confused 1

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

The sale method will be the same? Do we have to go through that MT website from hell? or is it possible to purchase it using the current  "RLC bars of death" method?

• Like 1

Share this comment

What happens to those who already got a subscription from last time?

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

This is the same car as was previously offered in April, but this time you only get the Rotsun (Car #2 from previous offer).

Yes, sale method will be the same... links will be provided to go to MotorTrend site to purchase the subscription on 8/18. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

What time and where will this be available?

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

3 minutes ago, fzero93 said:

What time and where will this be available?

We will add links to MotorTrend site for subscription purchase starting at 9am PT on 8/18. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

HOTWHLAZ68

Posted

so ill have 2 years worth of subscriptions ill never use , to get a car i should already have from my first purchase 😞

• Haha 1

Share this comment

sicilian89

Posted

Did this back in March was supposed to get two cars only got one and that was MONTHS after I signed up still waiting on my second car

Share this comment

TMS_1970

Posted

I don't watch the show, and I wouldn't care if it was the fastest car in the world.  It still looks like a hunk o' junk.  I don't understand what Hot Wheels is thinking making stuff like this.

Share this comment

RAYSDEATHMACHINE

Posted

Gotta admit that’s pretty sweet and I’m tempted, but probably pass. BTW,  I received the Rotson — has anyone received  the ’71 Datsun 240Z?

Share this comment

I haven't even received my 2nd car from the first offer yet. Where is the 2nd car?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

CHUCKCHIZZLE

Posted

18 minutes ago, TMS_1970 said:

I don't watch the show, and I wouldn't care if it was the fastest car in the world.  It still looks like a hunk o' junk.  I don't understand what Hot Wheels is thinking making stuff like this.

Thats the beauty of the car. It is a hunk of junk, but it is probably one of the most fun cars they have based on the smiles. You should check the show out. You probably wouldn't understand it though since you're probably lacking a funny bone. 

• Haha 2

Share this comment

RLEAL

Posted (edited)

So if already got the first car from April, do I have to do anything else to get this one? I thought the original offer was for the 2 cars.

Edited by RLEAL

Share this comment

TAZZMAN68

Posted

OK, so if this is the same as the second car in the first offer, when are the cars going to ship for those of us that purchased back in April?

Ive only received the first car of that set.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I never got this car with the first deal.  They shipped me the first one only.  Will my second car ever be shippedt?!

Share this comment

DAGAHUAN49@HOTMAIL.COM

Posted

I'm just like the other RLC members who got the 2 CAR SET back in April, where is my second car?  MT refuses to answer passing the ball to Mattel and Mattel just plays the silly game SOON. C'mon Mattel have some dignity and face up the people that help pay your salary.

Share this comment

CHUCKCHIZZLE

Posted

22 minutes ago, RLEAL said:

So if already got the first car from April, do I have to do anything else to get this one? I thought the original offer was for the 2 cars.

No. You will still get the second car. This is just for people who missed the first offer. 

Share this comment

CHUCKCHIZZLE

Posted

Just now, DAGAHUAN49@HOTMAIL.COM said:

I'm just like the other RLC members who got the 2 CAR SET back in April, where is my second car?  MT refuses to answer passing the ball to Mattel and Mattel just plays the silly game SOON. C'mon Mattel have some dignity and face up the people that help pay your salary.

It says expected in november. 

Share this comment

DAGAHUAN49@HOTMAIL.COM

Posted

2 minutes ago, CHUCKCHIZZLE said:

It says expected in november. 

Thank's Chuck, when I purchased the 2 CAR SET back in April, It was due in 4 to 8 weeks it's been long overdue to me this just make no sense that Matty has never said anything until now. But now we now how this so called company runs.

• Haha 1

Share this comment

jennyvien22

Posted (edited)

I WANT ASK LAST TIME WE BUY SET 2 CAR , BUT WE ONLY GET 1 CAR , WHEN WE CAN GET SECOND CAR

Edited by jennyvien22
  • Confused 1

Share this comment