Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Wheels 2020 Walmart Premium Sets Mix 3!

By Allen Voivod

Casting your mind back to 2019 – "casting," get it? – we launched the Team Transport series that year with a '66 Super Nova riding a Retro Rig, featuring a punny "Black Hole Racing" deco. It was so much fun, and had so much pull, you might say, that a couple other castings fell into its gravity well!

For our third Hot Wheels 2020 Walmart Premium Set, the Black Hole Racing Team has expanded, with the addition of two other cosmically named cars. It's unlikely that our solar system will ever be swallowed into a singularity, so you can enjoy the all-metal castings and Real Riders wheels in this "Garage" diorama set without fear of "spaghettification." Yup, that's really what it's called when you fall into a black hole and get all stretched out.

HWC_WM_Premium_Sets_3_600x300.png 

2020 Walmart Premium Sets Mix 3 – Black Hole Racing:

Retro Rig with:

• '55 Chevy® Bel Air® Gasser
  • '65 Mercury Comet Cyclone
  • '66 Super Nova

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations, scale, body, and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sugarcaddi

Posted

Sweet, I will definitely be looking for this awesome set...👍

Share this comment

I wish they would have done an all new livery since Black Hole has been used before but I suspect this will be popular.  I will surely grab one if I run across one.

Share this comment

redwheelbarr0w

Posted

Oh great, Walmart. Guess this will be bought on eBay!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

This is a NICE set! Looking forward to finding one or two.

Share this comment

Manilikecars

Posted

3 hours ago, redwheelbarr0w said:

Oh great, Walmart. Guess this will be bought on eBay!

Give it some time. As more hit the market they will continue to drop in price. Just like the Nissan Garage. These were selling for 100+ and now down to close to $50. 

Share this comment

TheRoadKing

Posted

Now those are my kind of paint jobs

• Like 1

Share this comment

As mentioned in the article, half of this set has already been released (minus the '55 Chevy Bel Air Gasser and the '65 Mercury Comet Cyclone) in the Car Culture Team Transport series. 

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice set, but since most Team Transport collectors already have half of this set it is hard to accept having to pay $25 for the other two vehicles!

What Hot Wheels should've done is to have used the diorama set as a compliment to the ever popular Team Transport release #7. They should've used a different truck and a different car other than the '66 Super Nova.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Should have made a Willy's Black Hole instead of giving us the Nova again!!  Also, make these available in Target's!!  Walmart is absolutely terrible for exclusives.  Please!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

That car culture team transports black hole racing premium garage box set is awesome. 👍I will be on the hunt for this set and I can't wait to add this set to my hotwheels collection. 👍

• Like 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, SAMACE26 said:

That car culture team transports black hole racing premium garage box set is awesome. 👍I will be on the hunt for this set and I can't wait to add this set to my hotwheels collection. 👍

i got mine !   you really don't want to miss this one. .even with the repeated Nova and Rig.   I must have 10 of the Black Hole transport sets.  This set displays well,  like a  Black hole drag garage... almost gives me the feel of being in the drag pits again.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Should have done the cars in Race Team deco.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

MARTYHERNANDEZ

Posted (edited)

With all the collectors around here they were all gone as soon as they got to the stores.

Edited by MARTYHERNANDEZ

Share this comment

EXCALIBUR35

Posted

Why isn't it available in the shop?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

hope to find 1; it will go nicely with the other 2 diorama sets!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Nitro Monkey

Posted (edited)

Utter lack of Imagination and a cheap way out. This would have been some much cooler in Gasser type Paint Jobs, but no, we went with the very tired "Murdered Out" flat "worn out Rat Rod" black.

What. no red rims, white walls and spider webs? 

Sure i will try to get one for the collection, but only one, as i already have a few of the Transport Nova

Edited by Nitro Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

I tired of spending the time and money on gas going from Walmart to Walmart looking for this, especially with the Covid mask mandates what a pain in the neck! So I found one on Ebay for 48.00.

• Like 3

Share this comment

Why does it have to be Walmart only? Make it easier by selling them at all retail stores!!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

If you put it  in the shop I'm sure they would sale .

• Like 1

Share this comment

7 hours ago, DRLEE said:

I tired of spending the time and money on gas going from Walmart to Walmart looking for this, especially with the Covid mask mandates what a pain in the neck! So I found one on Ebay for 48.00.

Especially when they’ll say in-stock and you get there and they are not. Have yet to find any of these sets.  Hate that it’s a Walmart Exclusive. In 2021, I hope they change that. 

Share this comment

indiandunes

Posted

Love it👍👍👍Was lucky enough to find two at my Walmart.  Have one to my bro, cause he’ll never find one in his area. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Hyperracing23

Posted

On 9/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, sstilson said:

As mentioned in the article, half of this set has already been released (minus the '55 Chevy Bel Air Gasser and the '65 Mercury Comet Cyclone) in the Car Culture Team Transport series. 

Don't get me wrong, this is a nice set, but since most Team Transport collectors already have half of this set it is hard to accept having to pay $25 for the other two vehicles!

What Hot Wheels should've done is to have used the diorama set as a compliment to the ever popular Team Transport release #7. They should've used a different truck and a different car other than the '66 Super Nova.

News flash,  this ain’t sstilsons world. Either buy it or don’t buy it, that simple. It’s called a business strategy, cause it’s a BUSINESS. By the way, If your complaining over spending 25 dollars for hot wheels stuff, probably shouldn’t be involved with hot wheels. Mattel makes money hand over fist, and have been for a long time, they don’t need your help with what to do. #sorrynotsorry

• Like 1

Share this comment

these have come and gone at my walmart.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Hyperracing23 said:

News flash,  this ain’t sstilsons world. Either buy it or don’t buy it, that simple. It’s called a business strategy, cause it’s a BUSINESS. By the way, If your complaining over spending 25 dollars for hot wheels stuff, probably shouldn’t be involved with hot wheels. Mattel makes money hand over fist, and have been for a long time, they don’t need your help with what to do. #sorrynotsorry

Yes because of people like you that don’t care about this kind of stuff. You just pay the $25 without even thinking about that you already own half the set. My bet is you probably own multiples of the TT set actually.  

let’s face it.....the business strategy sucks for the consumer so people have a right to complain.  

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 9/13/2020 at 8:31 AM, jghopslam said:

Yes because of people like you that don’t care about this kind of stuff. You just pay the $25 without even thinking about that you already own half the set. My bet is you probably own multiples of the TT set actually.  

let’s face it.....the business strategy sucks for the consumer so people have a right to complain.  

JGHOPSLAM

IT IS WHAT IT IS . ..   collecting these  toys  you're  not going to change people wasting /gas/time/money and ignoring their families in an effort to score an extra $20 on these sets.    ... and you sure aren't going to change the way the big company does their business.

buy ,  don't buy....  even complain if you want..  to me, i turn that wasted energy into something else... enjoying these freaking little pieces of coolness.  I have loved these little cars for 45 years and for some reason, can't get enough.  .. maybe 'cause I didn't get them often as a kid... and maybe for the fact the $20-25 brings those moments of happiness in this rather troubled world around me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment