Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Wheels 2020 Walmart Premium Sets Mix 1!

By Allen Voivod

Very few people ever get to set foot inside the Nissan DNA Garage in Zama, a city in the Kanagawa Prefecture of Japan. For the launch of our Hot Wheels 2020 Walmart Premium Sets, we're giving you the feel of it with our first mix, "Nissan Garage" – featuring our own Aero Lift and three iconic castings from the innovative automaker!

The diorama packaging images are inspired by the inside of the Nissan DNA Garage itself, and the deco on the Datsun 510 Wagon is inspired by Hot Wheels designer Jun Imai's own 1:1 version of the car. We wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to get two of each, so you can open one and display the other. Which means you should probably get to your local Walmart at least as fast as the real-life versions of these castings can go!

GMH40_1.jpg           GMH40_001.jpg

(Click here for more images!)

2020 Walmart Premium Sets Mix 1 – Nissan Garage:

Aero Lift with:

• Datsun 510 Wagon
  • Nissan Fairlady Z
  • Nissan Laurel 2000 SGX

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

CowboyDan

Posted

On 3/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, kicknchicken said:

I bought four sets, two shipping boxes of two in early February. I bought a set for me and a set for my buddy, but he no longer needs them. So I'm thinking of returning two to Walmart so another collector can get them, or post them for sale on some selling site. So anyone around SE Kentucky might get lucky at a Walmart really soon.

You sir are a class act!

Share this comment

STU.MCLEISH@GMAIL.COM

Posted

11 hours ago, CowboyDan said:

You sir are a class act!

Two grown ass men got into a fist fight over this toy here in San Jose, ca. Unreal

• Haha 1

Share this comment

CATCHMEHERE22

Posted

sat on the local shelf here in town at Walmart until the local thief came along and stole a few out of one of the sets. lmao, that was the only way they have gotten rid of them so far

Share this comment

CATCHMEHERE22

Posted

13 hours ago, STU.MCLEISH@GMAIL.COM said:

Two grown ass men got into a fist fight over this toy here in San Jose, ca. Unreal

you made me laugh..,sounds about rite, probally would have punched a kid out if he walked up to it

Share this comment

HALOZ32

Posted

having been to the Zama Garage, I'm glad some one put the back story about the diorama. Thank you!!

Day7-080.jpg

• Like 1

Share this comment

JERALDLM

Posted

I regularly stop in at 5 or 6 Walmart’s and have only seen them in 1. They had 5 on the shelf so I grabbed 1. They were all in good shape with none of the damage people have been talking about.

Share this comment

MOTORCITYSTEVE

Posted

On 3/3/2020 at 8:32 AM, THIS_IS_A_TEST_86 said:

No. Walmart-exclusive.

This is what you get for a Walmart exclusive. I saw the stocker put these on the shelf just as you see them. And I've seen many pics on Facebook of similar or worse damage to the package. If the idea was for customers to be able to find these dioramas in undamaged condition, them they should've been a Target exclusive. Target stockers seem to be much more careful than Walmart stockers when they put merchandise out. And I've never seen a pallet or cart at Target loaded 6 feet high like I see at Walmart. (No offense to any Wally stockers who might read this, I'm just going on what I've observed over the years.)

IMG_20200228_100614.jpg

Share this comment

JOLLYROB

Posted

Saw this online and simply had to have it. Paid dearly with the International shipping though! Surprised to read some of the posts here saying its a peg warmer. Can't wait to see future releases...

Share this comment

Dudemann

Posted

I bought this set Nissan garage set at Walmart yesterday and it had 4 different cars in it. I'm not sure if it's a factory error or what the deal is with it. I was gonna re-sell it but I'm afraid maybe someone bought it and opened it and switched the cars out then returned it. The package does not look like it's ever been opened though and I feel like it would be pretty hard to get those twist ties back around the wheels to re-attach them to the package. Who knows? I'm lost, lol. 

20200314_204558.jpg

20200314_204705.jpg

Share this comment

I think hotwheels should step up there game and let RLC members buy sets like this.. honestly the fact they dont allow you to buy seems crazy.. i know RLC members get cars most people cant buy.   But that dosen't mean we shouldn't be able to buy any car on this site if there available! I personally have been looking for this set up for a while now with no luck! And with all the money I've spend with the CLUB I feel like it's the least they could do... 

Share this comment

On 3/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, jghopslam said:

I want to know why my Walmart's say they have it in Stock and then you go to the store and they don't have it.  It's been like this for over a month now.  

It's lost in the back, or possibly someone snagged it off a fresh pallet. If an item doesn't get "checked in" when someone buys one, it doesn't get "checked out". Find the department manager. Ask them if they can help you locate the box. If you can find a picture of a shipping box online you can show the employee to help them locate it. They might not though. So be prepared to put in a bit of effort to aquire this. If you're patient, you might just get what you're looking for! You're going to have to spend a decent amount of time there though. I wouldn't bother anytime soon the way things are right now. Good luck to you. Happy Hunting!

Share this comment

I WISH I COULD FIND THIS!!!

I've been to every Walmart within a 30mile radius with no luck at all! As much as I LOVE NISSAN'S I really can't bring myself to pay them HIGH AZZ reseller prices.. I own 4 nissan 240sx and just about my hole hotwheels collection is NISSAN / DATSUN so this item would fit in perfectly!!!

HOPEFULLY ONEDAY ILL FIND IT AT THE NORMAL PRICE BUT ITS NOT LOOKING TO GOOD... 😞

IF ANYONE IS WELLING TO SELL ME 1 AT COAST PLUS SHIPPING PLZ MEGSSAGE...

Share this comment