Mattel Hot Wheels Community

Hot Wheels 2020 Walmart Premium Sets Mix 1!

By Allen Voivod

Very few people ever get to set foot inside the Nissan DNA Garage in Zama, a city in the Kanagawa Prefecture of Japan. For the launch of our Hot Wheels 2020 Walmart Premium Sets, we're giving you the feel of it with our first mix, "Nissan Garage" – featuring our own Aero Lift and three iconic castings from the innovative automaker!

The diorama packaging images are inspired by the inside of the Nissan DNA Garage itself, and the deco on the Datsun 510 Wagon is inspired by Hot Wheels designer Jun Imai's own 1:1 version of the car. We wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to get two of each, so you can open one and display the other. Which means you should probably get to your local Walmart at least as fast as the real-life versions of these castings can go!

GMH40_1.jpg           GMH40_001.jpg

(Click here for more images!)

2020 Walmart Premium Sets Mix 1 – Nissan Garage:

Aero Lift with:

• Datsun 510 Wagon
  • Nissan Fairlady Z
  • Nissan Laurel 2000 SGX

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Disabled Daddy

Posted

Will this be made available to RLC members? 

• Like 5
Hard_To_Be

Posted

These are shelf warmers at my local store. Five of them have been sitting there for a month. $25 is too much. I might go $10, but would have to really think about it at that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Clemente55

Posted

Hard-to-be can you pick those sets up for me, I’ll be glad if you could.

TheHotWheelsHunter

Posted

Will there be more Info soon on the next wave of diorama sets? 🙌🙌

• Like 1
Untailled

Posted

These are always snatched when I go to my local walmart

Got this back in January and they've been all over eBay since then. Now they are just sitting in stores. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Hard_To_Be said:

These are shelf warmers at my local store. Five of them have been sitting there for a month. $25 is too much. I might go $10, but would have to really think about it at that.

$25 isn't too much considering a Team Transport set is $13 and two Car Culture models are $5.50 a piece. Add the three together and you get $24 so, it is priced where it should be.

• Like 14
JENNYJONES4

Posted

Do I dare to say it again....... "OLD NEWS" !

• Like 5
Ta-He

Posted (edited)

Well, here in Aus they are not far from hitting the shelf for the first time! lol 🙂

Cant wait!!! 🙂

Edited by Ta-He
QuinnPorsche

Posted

I like this set and bought a couple once I found them in the wild. I am looking forward to the next premium set. Anyone know what it will be?

1971grnmav

Posted

It is a pretty cool pierce of art. Neat to look at in it's display!

Sugarcaddi

Posted

These are hard to get here I found two in shipping box but haven't seen on the shelves very nice set can't wait for the others. 

THIS_IS_A_TEST_86

Posted

11 hours ago, Disabled Daddy said:

Will this be made available to RLC members? 

No. Walmart-exclusive.

kicknchicken

Posted

I bought four sets, two shipping boxes of two in early February. I bought a set for me and a set for my buddy, but he no longer needs them. So I'm thinking of returning two to Walmart so another collector can get them, or post them for sale on some selling site. So anyone around SE Kentucky might get lucky at a Walmart really soon.

Ccsallday

Posted

These are impossible to find around me. People are buying the entire shelf to sell online. Hopefully I ll get lucky and buy one. Not worth paying $40-$50 people are asking. 

SAMACE26

Posted

I have this set in my hotwheels collection. 👍

THEAFGHANTWILIGHT

Posted

The concept is awesome but, unfortunately, most sets have been significantly damaged around here. I don’t know if it’s the cases, the employees, or one of those wonderful “collector” who goes around damaging packaging but it renders the display useless.

Docwatson 442

Posted

Have yet to see one on a shelf to buy at any Walmarts in my area.  There are 5 different stores I've ckd on a regular basis & have ckd often never seen one sitting on a shelf.  Not saying they haven't been put out but it must have been very limited # of them in my local area stores. Why is it some areas get almost a whole end cap of them & others maybe had 4 sets ??  Its really a drag trying to locate one to buy & at this point have basically lost interest in looking anymore. The same with the Walmart Boulevard series certain ones get bought all up & becomes difficult to make a complete set not worth driving around looking anymore for this stuff should be offered here to as an option to buy so you don't have to waste the time looking for this stuff & never finding any of it. Would have to pay the shipping but its worth it in long run probably spend 20x more than what shipping would cost on fuel & time wasted looking just my 2 cents.

HWKEN582

Posted

Found one here in Atlanta, but the box was destroyed. Went ahead and bought it, figured I'd take them out of the box. A week later I found a pristine one in the same store, bought it then took the destroyed one back. It sold again in less than 24 hours. Nice set, needs a more robust box.

jghopslam

Posted

23 minutes ago, Docwatson 442 said:

Have yet to see one on a shelf to buy at any Walmarts in my area.  There are 5 different stores I've ckd on a regular basis & have ckd often never seen one sitting on a shelf.  Not saying they haven't been put out but it must have been very limited # of them in my local area stores. Why is it some areas get almost a whole end cap of them & others maybe had 4 sets ??  Its really a drag trying to locate one to buy & at this point have basically lost interest in looking anymore. The same with the Walmart Boulevard series certain ones get bought all up & becomes difficult to make a complete set not worth driving around looking anymore for this stuff should be offered here to as an option to buy so you don't have to waste the time looking for this stuff & never finding any of it. Would have to pay the shipping but its worth it in long run probably spend 20x more than what shipping would cost on fuel & time wasted looking just my 2 cents.

I want to know why my Walmart's say they have it in Stock and then you go to the store and they don't have it.  It's been like this for over a month now.  

DIECAST_LOVER

Posted

Seen one only so far...  Bought it.

ROYALACCORD

Posted

Your about 2 months late hot wheels. These have been selling like hot cakes since January 1st and finally to the point where every store has 6 extra. I personally picked up 26 of them for other guys who couldn't find them. 

x5stR x Pr0x

Posted

If only I could find one lol

Rynodog

Posted

My hometown has 6 of them on the shelf, 4 hours away at a smaller town the Walmart had 10 on the shelf. I afraid overstocking the first set will affect the following sets that I would rather have. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1