Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Commodity: RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S!

By Gary Barnum

Being the top-end cars that they are, a Lamborghini will set you back at least six figures. Makes it pretty hard to get your hands on one, but Hot Wheels is here to help you out! Our RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S is not only a classic, but far more affordable. You can pick up your 1:64 edition at HWC on 5/5/20.

SOLD OUT

Featuring iconic opening scissor doors and a slick Spectraflame black finish, this release includes Real Riders Baja wheels with aero tires. It’s set into a sturdy acrylic case to help hold its value — and raise the value of your collection!

GLH89_C_20_002_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_002_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_001_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_001_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_004_600px.png     GLH89_W_20_003_600px.png

GLH89_C_20_005_600px.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening scissor doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame black
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders Baja wheels w/ aero tires
  • Base: Full-metal, Spectraflame black chassis w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Tan w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case w/ decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,000)

Availability:

• Available Only to 2020 RLC Members (until item is sold out): 5/5/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 30
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

SKIDS33

Posted

I was unable to get the last 2 but got this one. Unbelievable.

Share this comment

TreasureHunterHW

Posted

I'm very lucky to have gotten one this time. However, the website issues are very serious. They need to be addressed. I cant believe that a company such as Mattel/Hotwheels can have such website issues with 25,000 or less. There's companies out there dealing with 100s of thousands or even million people buying stuff with zero issues, why? Another frustrating event. I was kicked out of the page several times after adding to cart. At one point I was notified that I can only purchase one but I hadn't yet purchased anything.  The item showed in my cart then it was gone..got through every step this time but with issues through every step. Luckily I was not forced to go back to the start again as I was last time with the rwb. Finally after almost an hour I purchased. Frustrating to say the least. Why am I here complaining? Because I feel that once you get out of the waiting room you should have a smooth transaction.  Painful! 

Share this comment

McLaren_Fella

Posted

Signed in two hours early, followed all instructions, got nothing. I read these comments and see how people log off and on several times and hit refresh over and over and then get in. If indeed this is how it’s supposed to work then shouldn’t these added “steps” be in the instructions?  If not, then the process is flawed.

Share this comment

Vette7018

Posted

30 minutes ago, CLittle1 said:

after being in the check out 3 times - no dice! The first time I had the RWB Porsche that said sold out which I got a few weeks ago- and then put me back into the waiting room, the second time I had something else from last week in my shopping cart but nit the car, the third time it said I wasn't a member and to log back in. now its sold out... 😞 

Same here...signed in...in the waiting room... takes me to the main screen and says I need to be a member to purchase....repeat 5 times...wait for an hour...sold out.....fail.

Share this comment

Johnsaiah40

Posted

Well I just spent an hour and half trying to get one of these. Got one in my cart about 20 mins in but it immediately looped me back into the waiting room again. After about 15 mins screwing around with that it eventually sent me to the checkout process. Spent the next 45 mins trying to checkout but could not get past the shipping address confirmation screen w/o the whole thing locking up. Made it to the confirmation screen and spent 5 mins getting a order not received error until it finally said it was sold out. 

I understand there are a lot of people going for this at the same time, but you are a global company, is it not possible to make a checkout system that works quickly and easily each time. I have now been unable to buy either of the offerings so far which is frustrating enough, but then add the ridiculous frustration of trying to navigate your checkout system and I was literally on the verge of throwing my phone 

Spending over an hour trying to buy something already in my cart only to have it sell out is pretty ridiculous to me, but there is not much I can do about it other than voice my opinion.

Share this comment

TreasureHunterHW

Posted

13 minutes ago, Tgwheels said:

I made it out of the waiting room in 48 minutes, added to the cart and got the gears for 28 minutes, then got kicked back into the waiting room, 14 minutes later it told me it was SOLD OUT! Then i leave that page and it showed 1 in my cart, clicked the link and said i have nothing in my cart. What in the world is it going to take to get one of these cars. So ridiculous. Ive got pics but i wont let me post them. 

Contact customer service.  

Share this comment

GR8ONE05

Posted

It took almost 2 hrs to process. Longest wait I’ve had in the waiting room. Dreaded gears keep spinning. Wasn’t able to get the Porsche due to these issues. IMO the time it takes to try for a purchase is much longer than it used to be. So I went to the link and saw something new. Feedback? Anyone else see this? If there ever was a time to let them know of any issue you had, now is the time.

https://hotwheelscollectors.mattel.com/shop/en-us/hwc/rlc-priority-window-4yrn092t66/?icid=home_site-1_global-banner_GLH89-lamborghini-countach-lp500-s-sale_p0

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

Now some members thats should side with us will tell us to “stop whining”. Then a MOD of 17 years will tell us if we don't like it go to ebay and buy one. This forum will be deleted of all complaints and shut down shortly after all together. Sounds fair and same thing that happened with the Porsche forum.

Share this comment

Dar Dar

Posted

Same song and dance switch over to complete order got stuck in gear heaven. then booted out. Went back switch over again car was still in cart hit complete order but I noticed tax was TBD back into gear heaven SOLD OUT 2 hours

Have a great rest of day

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

How is it possible that there’s 109 sellers selling these cars on Ebay already? One seller sold 6 in the last 24 hours! How is that seller so sure he had them before the sale even started? Can someone tell me how this is possible? There’s something seriously wrong with this.

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

How is it possible that there’s 109 sellers selling these cars on Ebay already? One seller sold 6 in the last 24 hours! How is that seller so sure he had them before the sale even started? Can someone tell me how this is possible? There’s something seriously wrong with this.

Share this comment

slsidney

Posted

Didn't it come time for Hot Wheels to make an RLC draw among members ??? .... so hard to buy 1 piece and on ebay You can already see people offering 2.3 even more models for sale .... how is this possible, can you buy 1 piece? we will give the right to choose all members ....😒

Share this comment

Hot rod

Posted

2 for 2 That was a 15 - round fight, I kept on getting hit and knocked to the ground, kept on getting back up, got it in1 hour 18 min. That was wild, looking forward for this one...

Share this comment

cord_smg@yahoo.com

Posted

I took 1.5 hrs from start to completion and was able to snag one. I haven’t done that since i was a teenager..

Share this comment

FATBOYMATT717

Posted

Another aweful experience trying to buy a car. Logged in 15 minutes ahead of time. Had a car in my account and my wife’s within 10 minutes. Tried to check out, it kicked us both out and put us back in the waiting room even though it showed 1 item in our carts. By the time the check finally went through 45 minutes later, item was sold out. Very disappointing yet again.

Share this comment

TOYSMARKETPLACE@GMAIL.COM

Posted

How many member will get it ???

How many member will lost it ???

Share this comment

JET_TANG_2000

Posted

How many member will get it ???

How many member will lost it ???

ridiculous

Share this comment

Gajewm

Posted

9 hours ago, Redlinerichie said:

It was not easy, I just got lucky I got the gears of death but I finally got thru. Man some changes are needed at Mattel, I hope that they get all of this straight by the next sale. Oh well I got mine.  

Don’t count on it. It’s been this way for quite a while. Seems like their servers just aren’t up to the instantaneous load during sales. I get that it’s tough in the abstract to justify more resources for a site that’s fine more than 99% of the time, but the experience during that last half percent or so is almost certainly costing them significant goodwill.

Share this comment

DAZ42

Posted

Did you get a confirmed order and did it show up in your account?

Share this comment

Samwise Carcollecter

Posted

19 hours ago, Tgwheels said:

That's because it really isn't possible. The majority of them are scammers. They'll say its confirmed or whatever and then when the person receives the item, its something completely different, a fake, or sometimes they'll never receive anything at all. When the scammees try to retaliate through eBay, the scammer will just delete the account and they'll make a new one to scam more people. That's why I NEVER pre-order RLC sales on eBay. Until you can see that the seller has the item in hand, and they have a good reputation on eBay, its just not worth risking your hard earned money.

Share this comment

Sebas84

Posted

😠😠😠😠0/2

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

1 hour ago, Samwise Carcollecter said:

That's because it really isn't possible. The majority of them are scammers. They'll say its confirmed or whatever and then when the person receives the item, its something completely different, a fake, or sometimes they'll never receive anything at all. When the scammees try to retaliate through eBay, the scammer will just delete the account and they'll make a new one to scam more people. That's why I NEVER pre-order RLC sales on eBay. Until you can see that the seller has the item in hand, and they have a good reputation on eBay, its just not worth risking your hard earned money.

Check sold items on Ebay you'll see some established sellers that sold before the sale date, one sold 20. Here’s an example of a seller - p4nd4diecast, 561 feedbacks 100% sold 5 all on May 1st. And if their counterfeit wouldn’t you be protected with PayPal. 

Share this comment

ETyrie

Posted

This was the car i wanted the most this year.  let me start with I understand it’s not Mattel’s fault and they know about the problem with members buying these RLC pieces but when you have it in your cart and your all the way in the review section of your purchase it shouldn’t kick you out to sold out 😞 it’s the same as me finding the STH i’ve been waiting for and finally found for the cashier to take it and say sorry these are sold out. Very aggravating Especially when your hear about the guy getting 4 with 4 different accounts

Share this comment

ACTIVE-10

Posted

Never tried....to pricey.

Bring on the muscle cars in a blister

Share this comment