Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Commodity: RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S!

By Gary Barnum

Being the top-end cars that they are, a Lamborghini will set you back at least six figures. Makes it pretty hard to get your hands on one, but Hot Wheels is here to help you out! Our RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S is not only a classic, but far more affordable. You can pick up your 1:64 edition at HWC on 5/5/20.

SOLD OUT

Featuring iconic opening scissor doors and a slick Spectraflame black finish, this release includes Real Riders Baja wheels with aero tires. It’s set into a sturdy acrylic case to help hold its value — and raise the value of your collection!

GLH89_C_20_002_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_002_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_001_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_001_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_004_600px.png     GLH89_W_20_003_600px.png

GLH89_C_20_005_600px.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening scissor doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame black
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders Baja wheels w/ aero tires
  • Base: Full-metal, Spectraflame black chassis w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Tan w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case w/ decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,000)

Availability:

• Available Only to 2020 RLC Members (until item is sold out): 5/5/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 30
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ThunderWolf29

Posted

I failed my first attempt for porsche rwb. but today is my lucky day lol.

#countmein

Share this comment

JOAkinG

Posted

Same experience as most people here.  I guess the ones that get it don't comment.  Try and try again and everytime coudnt add the car to the cart...

Give me a refund for my membership please

Share this comment

1Cobra427

Posted (edited)

I was logged in and ready to go....then waited over an hour in the waiting room.  When it finally clicked to "ready to purchase" only to find out that I had been signed out since I had inactivity too long.  Really!!!  I was waiting.!!  This happened again a second time only to get sold out before I got through the waiting room a third time.  Great system.

Edited by 1Cobra427

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

I passed on this one. I have the red Lambo already.

Share this comment

Stam45

Posted

I waited so long in the waiting room it logged me out and when I click add to cart again it takes me to waiting room again.  Repeat that 2 times then get sold out message on checkout screen.

Share this comment

Jingle

Posted

Has the site crashed or what?  I'm in holding for over an hour, get ready to check out , can't check out, back and forth, now on phone hold with 20 in front of me.  Did anyone get to place an order?  I think everyone experienced the same thing.  Finally got someone on the phone, can't remember her name but she was great, walked me right through the web order mess,  she deserves a raise having to deal with collectors all day..  If anyone from Hot Wheels Mattel reads this cudos to the person that receives phone calls, I'm the one that just had back surgery, so I'm moving slower than the waiting room, haha

Thank You Ms Hot Wheel !!

Share this comment

DPPOON

Posted

Got mine after 1 hour and 20 minutes of it sitting in my cart and waiting to pay!!

Share this comment

DudeFeud

Posted

4 minutes ago, Samwise Carcollecter said:

I cleared cache, cookies, browsing history etc., and then immediately (at about ten 'til) entered the waiting room. 40 minutes of endless refreshing later, I left the waiting room because I figured it had to be sold out by now. I go to the Sale Day Thread, only to see that pretty much everyone else can't get one either. So I head back in and, I kid you not, about two minutes of refreshing later, BOOM! Right to the Shop, where I was able to add one to cart. 5-10 minutes of refreshing Server Error pages and "gears of death" later, I received my confirmation page and email! While the order # shows up in my Order History, the Rewards Points have not populated yet, which I assume in normal. (First year in the RLC)

But yeah this sale was the definition of PAINFUL. My best advice to everyone for future sales; JUST. KEEP. HITTING. THAT. REFRESH. BUTTON. That button is what saved my skin this sale. While it was painful to obtain, it felt SOOOO GOOD to get that email! I hope this is of some help to anyone, and good luck on future sales!

IF you refresh after clicking the Complete Order button won't it try to charge you again? I was afraid to do that and waited for nearly 50 minutes from 9:25-10:15 and nothing.

Share this comment

rtts1

Posted

Waited for 2 hours and add to cart. Kept kicking me out and logging back in. Got to the payment part then tells me its sold out ,but still shows in my cart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this comment

JHG1442

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, jghopslam said:

90 minutes AND ZERO.  I miss the SUBSCRIPTION plan.  this very tiresome.  why is this worse than 2003?

how many RLC memberships are there?

Share this comment

Redlinerichie

Posted

It was not easy, I just got lucky I got the gears of death but I finally got thru. Man some changes are needed at Mattel, I hope that they get all of this straight by the next sale. Oh well I got mine.  

Share this comment

GILMOUR1

Posted (edited)

1. @HWC Admin Too@HWC Staff  I work at a company that can get your site issues and website issues fixed and get you running like Amazon. Please let me know if your interested and i can put you in touch with our team. Your site experience has been awful for years now. Let me help you get this fixed!
Edited by GILMOUR1

Share this comment

Ingrid

Posted

I just can't believe it is wasn't able to click Complete Order??????????? So desepointed 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Share this comment

Ingrid

Posted (edited)

My wife wasn't be able to click Complete Order either? What was going on here???????? We've been waiting for almost two-hour??????

Edited by Ingrid

Share this comment

LaryRC

Posted

Only took about 10 min after getting in too complete purchase keep hitting that refresh button! 

Share this comment

APSON82

Posted

By far this is the most stressful buy since I've been a member, and I'm usually posting what a smooth process it is. Missed out on the RWB Porsche because of these issues. Luckily after all the refreshing and signing on over and over, i did manage to finalize my order bout 1 1/2 hours and dozen tries later. 

Share this comment

LaryRC

Posted

Only took about 10 min after getting in too complete purchase keep hitting that refresh button! 

Share this comment

ExplicitNightmares

Posted

Something needs to be done. I was in the waiting room at 9pst on the dot. even refreshed twice after a few minutes. By the time the checkout page loaded I had to sign back in and still took forever. Like many others here I wasted time only to see 10+ of them on ebay already and one already had sold! There needs to be a way to sort out and stop the bots from pushing their way to get these. It's ridiculous and unfair to us collectors just for others to make a quick buck. Its not worth the membership if we can't even get the extra cars. Might as well make a flash sale for the RLC cars as well. 

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

I made it out of the waiting room in 48 minutes, added to the cart and got the gears for 28 minutes, then got kicked back into the waiting room, 14 minutes later it told me it was SOLD OUT! Then i leave that page and it showed 1 in my cart, clicked the link and said i have nothing in my cart. What in the world is it going to take to get one of these cars. So ridiculous. Ive got pics but i wont let me post them. 

Share this comment

I had been jn the waiting room since 8 am PST and add to cart came on at 9:20  and red and yellow gears turning for over 20 minutes, makes me sign in again and add to cart there again, hit add and gears turn til 9:50 . Sends me back to waiting room again shows add to cart at 10:10 and gears go round.  Kicks me to waiting room Approximately 10:25.   Then at about  10:30 says sold out and I never got to cart..  

If this is how this works , waste 2 or more hours and can't order one of the few cars I really want when I was on in time and said I could why am I wasting my time and what is the point of even trying ? Help Please 

P.S. i have screen shots with clock on my phone of some screens.

Wasted my time unless RLC  contacts me.

•  

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

hope i can trade for 1 of these.  wife got 0 on her acct.; i got 0 on mine.  VERY POOR SITE PERFORMANCE: looping, locking, getting kicked out.

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

hope i can trade for 1 of these.  wife got 0 on her acct.; i got 0 on mine.  VERY POOR SITE PERFORMANCE: looping, locking, getting kicked out.

Share this comment

Anthon

Posted

This is the second time I didn't get it, after I had been waiting for two times, I refresh etc still nothing, the crazy one is i couldn't even click the complete order. This is not fun at all😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Share this comment

darbycalwell

Posted

So very disappointed. You guys need to fix your waiting room and gears of death leading to being kicked out to the sign in page after 10 minutes. It’s a horrible way to do business and have satisfied customers. Take the member dues and fix these issues. 

Hopefully you can offer another opportunity to buy the Lambo and the Porsche just like you did the memberships

Share this comment