Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Commodity: RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S!

By Gary Barnum

Being the top-end cars that they are, a Lamborghini will set you back at least six figures. Makes it pretty hard to get your hands on one, but Hot Wheels is here to help you out! Our RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S is not only a classic, but far more affordable. You can pick up your 1:64 edition at HWC on 5/5/20.

SOLD OUT

Featuring iconic opening scissor doors and a slick Spectraflame black finish, this release includes Real Riders Baja wheels with aero tires. It’s set into a sturdy acrylic case to help hold its value — and raise the value of your collection!

GLH89_C_20_002_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_002_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_001_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_001_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_004_600px.png     GLH89_W_20_003_600px.png

GLH89_C_20_005_600px.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening scissor doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame black
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders Baja wheels w/ aero tires
  • Base: Full-metal, Spectraflame black chassis w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Tan w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case w/ decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,000)

Availability:

• Available Only to 2020 RLC Members (until item is sold out): 5/5/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 30
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

MATTYCASH720

Posted

The increase cost for the acrylic case isn't worth it and should be saved for very special releases.  Can we go back to the $20/card back releases?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

jghopslam

Posted

10 hours ago, DRLEE said:

I am tired of these high end  sports cars. This is not where Hotwheels roots are. Muscle cars, custom pickups and street rods whatever happened to them. Larry Woods where are you.  I've  been a collector  since 1968.

Those have all been done to death and are still being done today. It’s nice to have some variety.  

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

The black does look better than the previous one! Hope to catch mine!

Share this comment

THIS GUY

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 3:00 AM, DAVIS007 said:

Why did they not allow for paint thickness so the doors would close? I want a explanation as a Mattel stock holder...

Same problem on the hood of my membership car. I pushed it closed now it won't open. 

Share this comment

MadyDiecast

Posted

Hopefully I can get this casting.... Frustrating I don't get the rwb last time.. Huhuhu.. 

Share this comment

PopaJohn

Posted

Just send me one and I won't complain. Ive been in this game for ever

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

On 5/1/2020 at 9:06 PM, jghopslam said:

If you are not happy with this one or happy with the price please do us all a favor and stay away during the sale on Tuesday.  Thank you.  

I will grant you that wish.....can I watch to see how fast it sells though??

• Haha 1

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

12 hours ago, jghopslam said:

Those have all been done to death and are still being done today. It’s nice to have some variety.  

my WIFE said the same thing last night.  this version of the club did start in, what, 2002?

I'm still waiting on an RLC reissue of a Steering Rig Set!!!

Share this comment

Krabtree

Posted

Obviously the doors don't close properly,  but do they open properly?   What I mean is will it fit in the case with the doors open,  like the last one?  If not then $37.94  is completely unacceptable.  If I could see it with doors open in the case  I'll definitely try for one, if not too expensive for a flawed piece 

Share this comment

JAWS13

Posted

Wow!  now it's an extra $10 for an acrylic case?  I got news for you, that case probably cost them $0.25.  Nice one.  Still haven't bought anything this year.  When do we get to the carded releases?

Share this comment

BANKS

Posted (edited)

Even though my disposable income has declined recently, I would have seriously reconsidered purchasing at this price point regardless. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful piece but I will be passing.

Edited by BANKS

Share this comment

SALGUODJR

Posted

Y'all can have mine...

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Redlinerichie

Posted

Wow what a great car, I'm so excited to get my hands on this car. Another great casting from Mattel and Hotwheels.  I'm counting down to get my chance at this awesome car . #mattelfreak  #redlinerichie  #rlccollector 

Share this comment

Lloydel

Posted

On 5/1/2020 at 6:10 PM, HWClams said:

It sure is getting  expensive to collect hot wheels.  Time to reconsider....

I can't agree more. The international shipping is expensive enough before being landing with a customs charge on top of that. Does anyone else find the International shipping and customs charge to be a tad pricey? I know that customs charge is outside the hands of Mattel and Hot Wheels but the shipping cost alone is off putting. 

Share this comment

West33rd

Posted

2 hours ago, Lloydel said:

I can't agree more. The international shipping is expensive enough before being landing with a customs charge on top of that. Does anyone else find the International shipping and customs charge to be a tad pricey? I know that customs charge is outside the hands of Mattel and Hot Wheels but the shipping cost alone is off putting. 

I'm in Canada but I've never been charged for customs or duty.  Mattel charges the 13% HST on the combined item and shipping charge in advance, so that's likely why the parcels arrive at my front porch paid in full.  My membership car was $71.95 CAD, so I can't imagine customs charges on top of that!  It wasn't so bad when the cars were $19.99 and the dollar was stronger,  but I can't go for as many cars now.

Share this comment

TMS_1970

Posted

On 5/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, ichliebeautos said:

@TMS_1970 sure looks like that on the pics above, but on my red model from last year the doors close neatly. I assume they kept the same tooling so I'd be surprised if the doors don't close on this one.

I have the red one too.  The driver's door fits nicely, but the passenger side doesn't.  Not just like in the photos above either, it also sticks out away from the body a couple of millimeters.

Share this comment

manidhayal

Posted

On 5/2/2020 at 2:11 AM, Scooterboy said:

Lol usa guys you think it is big money  but in Canada the cost  68.91 $CAD standard shipping include taxes to Canada

But i'm still interested so i did not received my last one (RLC Exclusive Porsche 930) it is on shipping right now,  they are on slow poke bcuz the covid -19 ? i don't know!

When was your rwb shipped ? I'm from Canada as well, mine was shipped on April 20 and yet to reach me.. 

Share this comment

ANDCHEW

Posted

is the waiting room started ?

Share this comment

ANDCHEW

Posted

is the waiting room started ?

Share this comment

CHARMAE1226

Posted

On 5/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, HWClams said:

It sure is getting  expensive to collect hot wheels.  Time to reconsider....

agreed.  I am in the same boat. 

Share this comment

ONEGREENRAY

Posted

I  will pass, for the money it should be perfect, those doors are not lining up, I like the cases and all, but I have a lot more wall space then shelf space.  good luck tomorrow guys.  

Share this comment

minhthanh13290

Posted

How to get it when I don't have RLC membership? Will the remain be available for purchase? 

Share this comment

RETROWHEELS

Posted

I hope Mattel gets my RLC account fixed so I can attempt to purchase this !!!

Share this comment

Beto1012

Posted

How i get in RLC membrete?

Share this comment