Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Commodity: RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S!

By Gary Barnum

Being the top-end cars that they are, a Lamborghini will set you back at least six figures. Makes it pretty hard to get your hands on one, but Hot Wheels is here to help you out! Our RLC Exclusive Lamborghini Countach LP500 S is not only a classic, but far more affordable. You can pick up your 1:64 edition at HWC on 5/5/20.

SOLD OUT

Featuring iconic opening scissor doors and a slick Spectraflame black finish, this release includes Real Riders Baja wheels with aero tires. It’s set into a sturdy acrylic case to help hold its value — and raise the value of your collection!

GLH89_C_20_002_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_002_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_001_600px.png     GLH89_PIP_FE_20_001_600px.png

GLH89_W_20_004_600px.png     GLH89_W_20_003_600px.png

GLH89_C_20_005_600px.png

Specs:

• Features: Opening scissor doors
  • Body Color: Spectraflame black
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders Baja wheels w/ aero tires
  • Base: Full-metal, Spectraflame black chassis w/ painted details
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Tan w/ painted details

Packaging:

• Acrylic case w/ decorative outer box
  • Each vehicle features an individually numbered sticker (xxx/12,000)

Availability:

• Available Only to 2020 RLC Members (until item is sold out): 5/5/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $29.99 plus shipping and processing each; extra charges may apply for express shipping or special handling (customers shipping to Canada may be required to pay additional shipping charges or taxes)
  • We do offer international shipping to other countries – please see shipping costs and details here (international shipping availability subject to change)
  • Limit of ONE (1) per RLC Membership; limit five (5) per household (if quantities remain, limits may be increased or lifted at our sole discretion)
  • RLC Rewards Points: 30
  • Refunds only, no exchanges

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

LOWDOG5

Posted

$29.99?......are we ever gonna see a $19.99 car again? This hobby is getting expensive and frustrating. This will sell-out at 12,000......But I'll probably miss it. .....

• Like 1

Share this comment

LGENE

Posted

What's with the big Lambo push this year? Since I'm not a big fan of that casting I'm saving a lot on RLC purchases this year, so far anyway.

• Like 1

Share this comment

First Class Diecast

Posted

Question, on the RWB I’m sure it said you will get 30 rewards points. I still showing zero when are they supposed to hit your account?  

• Like 1

Share this comment

MICHAELSMOORE

Posted

I will be giving it a shot!

Share this comment

OTISCRICKET

Posted

On the fence with this one. I’m not a fan of all the opening features being add to many recent releases. I would rather pay a little less and have the doors permanently closed rather than this where it almost closes but not completely.

• Like 1

Share this comment

TinCow

Posted

I saw some pics and videos of the last version of this car where the doors don’t fit properly...... any confirmation of this one having the same defect?

I do like the wheel choice on this one.

Share this comment

SAMACE26

Posted

That is a cool car. 👍

Share this comment

JHG1442

Posted

~$40 shipped? ouch... & the doors do not close?  that being said, almost every  "collection" is expensive.  it still has not stopped me since '95.

some say "Only 2 per household"???  Does that mean if i get 1 for my father -- my spouse, children, or best friend cannot have 1???  the limits and production counts are good with me... even when i miss a car.  it is the nature of a desirable collectible, (that we hope will retain its value) whether we resell OR not!

Share this comment

Katie442

Posted

why don't the doors close?

Share this comment

homer442

Posted

wish we could buy 2, and SAVE on s/h

• Like 1

Share this comment

JHG1442

Posted

will this ship in less than 3 months???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

ADONOVAN

Posted

does anybody like the gumball?

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

passed on the GUMBAL... big mistake $$$

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted (edited)

In the past when I was on the fence I made a decision to try for some cars on sales day. Some I got and some I did not get.I also noticed that a lot of RLC members who said they were not getting one wine up saying I got one. This is after they had bad mouth the offering for whatever reason. This has been going on for a very long time. So if I see a car I want I get it or pass without trying to discourage other members. Not joining because the cars are too high is laughable. Try to get that sales day car on the secondary market and see what you pay. 10X and up. Never sales price later. Plus later on these offerings are great trade bait.

Edited by WILLIEB47
  • Like 1

Share this comment

DRLEE

Posted

I am tired of these high end  sports cars. This is not where Hotwheels roots are. Muscle cars, custom pickups and street rods whatever happened to them. Larry Woods where are you.  I've  been a collector  since 1968.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

8LUGNUTS

Posted

Getting way too expensive.  Lower the price $19.99 and I will buy one, but not at the current price.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

R4BY4ORD

Posted

It was my understanding that the cars inside a display case will cost $30.00

Share this comment

WINNER11

Posted (edited)

Hoping the doors close better, I will like this one in my stable. The photos here for this one are partially open to show that they open, I am reasonably sure. I do not mind the price as long as there are opening features which I feel is quite the upgrade for Red Line Club offerings after so many did not have those. Yet, opening features are not totally foreign to this club either! There have been many models with opening hoods and different things that they had that could be toyed with. So, thank you for including a nice display case where I can open the cover and actually handle the model and not worry about a blister pack getting destroyed! Now, let's see if I can order one! Really like the color. Red interior would be super.🏁

Edited by WINNER11
P.S. Looks like no rubber bands this time.👍🎯

Share this comment

I wish I could just receive my skyline and my two Datsun 240 that I already ordered before I order anything else

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

Hard pass on this one. Good luck to those that want it....

• Like 1

Share this comment

BUBAHUBB

Posted

Still waiting on the Porsche that I paid for?????

Share this comment

nodalpoint

Posted

I think I'll be passing on this one. Last year's version was simply spectacular in the chrome red - a stunning model. The black paint just isn't doing it for me. And it's coming too close to another pricey boxed model (which just shipped!). 

Share this comment

JIMMEE442

Posted

High End Sports Cars?  HW was built on it (& muscle cars).

1968:  Ford J Car; Cheetah/Python; Silhouette; Beatnik.

1969:  Chapparal; Ford Mark IV; Lola GT 70; McLaren M6A; Shelby Turbine; 4 add'l Indy/GP cars.  This was the year that Larry Wood joined the design team.

Share this comment

truenogt86

Posted

Anyone got charged twice for the rwb porsche?. My Porsche shipped yesterday checked my online checking there is a pending  charge to mattel. Mattel already charged me already for it. Any responses appreciated

Share this comment