Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Highlights of the New HWC/RLC Forum Platform!

By HWC Staff

Thank you so much for being part of the Hot Wheels collecting community! Your support is greatly appreciated, and we're always looking for opportunities to improve your experiences with us.

Last year, we told you about the migration to a new forum platform. Well, that migration is now complete! If you haven't yet checked out the new and improved forums, here are some of the features you'll find:

Navigation:

• Navigation bar at the top of forums gives direct access to Forums, Galleries, Calendar, etc.
  • Topic navigation appears at both the top and bottom of each discussion
  •  "Latest News" module on Forums landing page gives you access to most recent posts

Search:

• Robust search tools added for Forums, News, Galleries, etc.
  •  "Activity Streams" allows you to create and save custom search filters

Social:

• View and reply counts show which topics have the most engagement
  • "Like" option (similar to other social platforms) added for all posts, to supplement sharing options
  • "Online Users" option in the top nav lets you see who’s online

"Follow" function and other forum notifications have been improved; you can now be notified via email of updates by specific users and updates to specific topics, and determine your personal preference for how often to receive those notifications

We hope you enjoy the new and improved HWC forum experience! Be sure to contact us if you're having any problems accessing the new forums. Thank you for your patience while we performed the upgrade – we think the results are pretty awesome, and hope you do, too.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 2
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So far, so good as far as I can tell...

Share this comment

Things didn’t go well for me this year but I’m thankful for what I was able to buy!  With that said I will say this: things got a lot better with the site  an hopefully 2020 will start right where we Left off! 

Share this comment

JENNYJONES4

Posted

Perhaps Mattel might want to invest in real web designers......! The site is out dated and the so call improvements are totally useless. The site still crashes and kicks you out during purchase. It makes you sign in again, when its your turn to purchase and of course by the time you sign in your cart is empty and have to wait in the useless waiting room again. Only to then find that its SOLD OUT.......The site worked better when it started in 2001. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Jennyjones is correct. This site is horrible. Mattel doesn't care about it's collectors. Poor web design and quite frankly, poor customer service and approach. This will be my last year  reupping on membership though I know the powers that be don't care. Find another sucker.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I dropped out of the club after the 2013 year waiting on drag bus, but , now ready again to try he club out. 

Any news or help on getting back in?.

Would also like to keep my old HWC number?.

👍

Share this comment

On 2/8/2020 at 7:19 PM, scully73 said:

Jennyjones is correct. This site is horrible. Mattel doesn't care about it's collectors. Poor web design and quite frankly, poor customer service and approach. This will be my last year  reupping on membership though I know the powers that be don't care. Find another sucker.

If you are unhappy why would you rejoin another year of unhappiness ?

Share this comment