Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Allen Voivod

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way!" And one of their most popular moving violations is the "Rotsun," a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z. This project car has appeared in multiple episodes, and now it could make multiple appearances in your collection!

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you both a "Before" and an "After" edition of the Rotsun, along with a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring more than 7,000 episodes of original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free.

Need another reason to take the leap? Hot Wheels Life Size is a new show on MotorTrend’s streaming service, hosted by professional driver and car builder Nicole Lyons! She introduces you to life-size versions of Hot Wheels’ most beloved cars, and brings you along on a test drive in each episode.

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now!" button below when it becomes active starting Friday, 4/3 at 9 a.m. PT. (This will take you to our product page to start the subscription process – see more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Please note: When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items will be shipped to you. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

GRF97_71_Datsun_240z_MotorTrend_600px.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z

Image_4_600.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun
(product not final)

See additional images here

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Steelie Wheels
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Each car arrives separately on its own blister card with protective clamshell

Availability:

• RLC Members (4-day Priority Window): 04/03/20 at 9 a.m. PT until 04/06/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 04/07/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $49.99 total
  • US collectors only (international shipping not available)
  • For questions about your MotorTrend subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
  • For questions about fulfillment of either car in the 2-car set, contact Hot Wheels customer service
  • For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

oglesa52

Posted

No interest in these cars.

Share this comment

HWCERIC

Posted

i have seen these two in person and its legit dope🤘👍 can't wait till i add these to display!

Share this comment

zx6rr600

Posted

U.S. only, that's not cool, I am assuming it's do to COVID, so what will happen with the shipping of the Selections Gasser from last year, will it be shipped outside the U.S. ?, Not a great move here, disappointed.

Share this comment

Cosmo2019

Posted

I actually like the look of these.

Share this comment

sp4c3m4nsp1ff17

Posted

If this had been a Wheeler Dealers "before and after" set of Hot Wheels, I would have been ALL IN.

Share this comment

Mstrongjr

Posted

Does anyone know when these are supposed too ship?

Share this comment

SHEARER

Posted

I signed up but it never asked me for my address. How am I supposed to get the cars?

Share this comment

Rynodog

Posted

Just watched the real life hot wheels episode with Designer Brandon’s firebird, nice car and interesting hearing the details of why the die cast version has no hood. Definitely worth the $50 for a year subscription, especially while I’m stuck at home for as long as this current situation lasts....

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

Anyone get their cars yet? Ordered April 3rd and haven’t heard anything since.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1radcel

Posted

Anyone do the motor trend deal and received the cars?  I have contacted MT with no answer returned, have any ideas

• Like 1

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

On 4/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, Tgwheels said:

Anyone get their cars yet? Ordered April 3rd and haven’t heard anything since.

I have not heard anything yet. my account has been hit awhile back. so I wait.

Share this comment

Nateq176

Posted

I’m wondering when these cars will be shipped. I still haven’t seen anything on my purchase page.

• Like 1

Share this comment

KVELEZ

Posted

Mattel what is going on with shipment? Has Motor Trend even contacted you guys with any info? This is scary, let us buyers know something, Please.

Share this comment

ROLDJUNK2

Posted

Still waiting no confirmation on order history..Motor Trend is hitting my inbox fine,  nothing in the Mail Box yet.

Share this comment

jmullane77

Posted

Has anyone received their cars yet? Or at least any email or info on shipping?

nothing here yet for me... and it's been like a month. 

Share this comment

JJACKSO169

Posted

On 5/6/2020 at 8:57 AM, jmullane77 said:

Has anyone received their cars yet? Or at least any email or info on shipping?

nothing here yet for me... and it's been like a month. 

I'm in the same boat NOTHING, I have emailed and no reply!

• Like 2

Share this comment

BMATZEK374

Posted

My credit card has already been hit with these charges.  No cars as of yet.   Who do we contact for

information?  Hot Wheels or Motor trend.   Thanks in advance.

Share this comment

AGBCHIEF

Posted

FYI, made multiple calls regarding the whereabouts on this 2 car set, was assured "cheques in the mail." Info for myself on file, bank account debited, virus situation has caused unforeseeable delay in the shipping of the first diecast out of the 2 die cast set. Contact Motor Trend and Hot Wheels to ensure all your information is on file for these 2 cars and that you are on the waiting list to receive them. Other than that, requiring a lot of patience to receive at this time for everybody expecting them.

• Like 1

Share this comment