Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Allen Voivod

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way!" And one of their most popular moving violations is the "Rotsun," a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z. This project car has appeared in multiple episodes, and now it could make multiple appearances in your collection!

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you both a "Before" and an "After" edition of the Rotsun, along with a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring more than 7,000 episodes of original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free.

Need another reason to take the leap? Hot Wheels Life Size is a new show on MotorTrend’s streaming service, hosted by professional driver and car builder Nicole Lyons! She introduces you to life-size versions of Hot Wheels’ most beloved cars, and brings you along on a test drive in each episode.

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now!" button below when it becomes active starting Friday, 4/3 at 9 a.m. PT. (This will take you to our product page to start the subscription process – see more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Please note: When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items will be shipped to you. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

GRF97_71_Datsun_240z_MotorTrend_600px.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z

Image_4_600.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun
(product not final)

See additional images here

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Steelie Wheels
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Each car arrives separately on its own blister card with protective clamshell

Availability:

• RLC Members (4-day Priority Window): 04/03/20 at 9 a.m. PT until 04/06/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 04/07/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $49.99 total
  • US collectors only (international shipping not available)
  • For questions about your MotorTrend subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
  • For questions about fulfillment of either car in the 2-car set, contact Hot Wheels customer service
  • For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Elcamino Man

Posted

This is sad

Share this comment

hey02fatboy

Posted

i got in and i'm guessing i got it. i got my email to start streaming and the one year subscription and 2 cars. nothing to show on mattel's end. so i'm guessing this is straight up motor trend deal. didn't see anything on time line for cars to be shipped, but did watch the video on the twin mill. pretty cool.

Share this comment

hey02fatboy

Posted

this

You're now a part of the MotorTrend family! Get access to the world's top automotive shows, in just a few taps. Start streaming and enjoy the ride.

SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS

EMAIL: hey02fatboy

PLAN: Yearly

DETAILS: Annual Plan and 2 Hot Wheels: Datsun 240Z and Roadkill Rotsun

PRICE: $49.99

START STREAMING

is what i got in my email

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

I finally got an email back from Motortrend confirming existing MOD subscribers aren't eligeable for the promotion. I was hoping they'd let me do it and just add the extra year onto my account.

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

3 hours ago, HWCGary said:

Nope. I was not part of this project, so I can't really address how it was set up or what was supposed to be going on. I would make a post about any questions or concerns in the Customer Service Forum. 

Mattel should leave this "project" into the hands of people who actually know how to do his job right.  Hope to see you soon on the next RLC project Gary.

CU guys, I´ll try to get some lucky at "stealbay"

Share this comment

CARLZBAD

Posted

It seems to be working fine (2:15PM PDT) and looks as if the deal is still available. I’m not gonna get one, but I was able to start right at the  RLC “yellow bar” and click my way to and through the MT pages, just short of actually signing and paying.  Hope it works for those of you that want it👍

3820A94C-E989-45B6-A3B4-805B494AC19A.jpeg

A506E7B9-D374-44D2-A900-CA078E20C443.jpeg

F8FF2865-B7F2-4005-9C4A-6D2D50BD8FA1.jpeg

60C5646E-C38E-4FFB-A319-FE29791D59C9.jpeg

DF3BA78D-60E2-4FBE-B03F-3A043CD2A34D.jpeg

Share this comment

mbx_hwc

Posted

I can't see what these have got to do with the RLC --- PASS 

Share this comment

JONNYBGOODE3

Posted

7 hours ago, JOLIVER said:

Ok I'm guessing that we are all good of we got the email from MT to start streaming right??? 

I guess so! Its the vaguest thing I've ever seen them do. Not even a charge on the card yet. 

Share this comment

nodalpoint

Posted

20 hours ago, Low_Key_Slaps said:

This is for the video service, not the magazine subscription

I know, I have the print subscription. Not interested in the video subscription.

Share this comment

TreasureHunterHW

Posted

I guess I got my set coming. I was very hesitant since I already have MT on Hulu. 

Screenshot_20200403-234106_Gmail.jpg

Share this comment

Thomasonry

Posted

20 hours ago, Irockhound said:

I put in my purchase info on the motor trend page.  It is not set up very well at all on this purchase.  After you enter your info to start your subscription it simply logs you into Motor Trend, No confirmation that you just made a purchase, no final invoice, no place on motor trend to see purchase history!  Pretty lame.  I assume I just bought the cars

I totally agree I feel the same hope ill see cars someday lol

Share this comment

JayBird13

Posted

On 4/2/2020 at 4:21 PM, HWClams said:

$10 in diecast and $40 for an overrated magazine full of ads that fall out every time you turn the page.

Id agree if that was the deal, did you read it? Your not getting a magazine your getting access to Motor Trend shows online. See so many clowns passing talking about a magazine. Cracks me up. 

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

My card has been hit. Now I will see how long it takes to get to JAGVILLE. Being a collector I can wait. 🖖🏾🖖🏾🖖🏾🖖🏾

Share this comment

RAYZ-HWC

Posted

3D printed exhaust, intake, no hood..any guesses on #of subscribers aimed by MT

20k..50k..70k?

2020-04-05_00_36_02.jpg.7eb9a5f72bedf6d86a673e1b054d2572.jpg

Share this comment

DocGadget

Posted

No Canadian availability sucks.

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

In case no one noticed.. I saw a charge on my CC for the Motor Trend/RLC purchase, so if you see ‘Extreme Ventures LLC’  (Silver Spring, MD), then it’s correct!

Also answers my one question.. total is for $49.99 as advertised & no additional charges tacked on!

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

My CC was charged also for only $49.99 total. Now I wait for it to come to it’s new home in JAGVILLE,FLORIDA.

🤗🤗🤗🤗

Share this comment

ciscokid

Posted

Will this Motortrend, Rotsun, purchase eventually end up on our, hotwheelscollectors.mattel_com Order History?

Share this comment

NOTHINGBUT696867

Posted

Pass ,more of a muscle car guy. Saves me money. 

Share this comment

17 hours ago, ciscokid said:

Will this Motortrend, Rotsun, purchase eventually end up on our, hotwheelscollectors.mattel_com Order History?

No,this isn't an HWC/RLC purchase, we were redirected to MT's page and this is their gig. Mattel just partnered with them as they do many other companies. You paid Motor Trend, not Mattel. Mattel will be supplied the names of members that subscribed through that promo link, and Mattel will handle the shipping of the cars. Once we get to that point.

No outside the USA because of internet restrictions/country codes etc. It has NOTHING to do with Mattel. This is Motor Trend and the world wide web's limitations in your country. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

TOTALPAKAJ

Posted (edited)

On 4/2/2020 at 7:21 PM, HWClams said:

$10 in diecast and $40 for an overrated magazine full of ads that fall out every time you turn the page.

No, you are paying for a year of Motor Trend On Demand streaming. I have had it for 2 years and love it , a year for 50 clams AND the cars is quite a deal.

Edited by TOTALPAKAJ

Share this comment

TOTALPAKAJ

Posted

On 4/3/2020 at 12:20 PM, WHEATERZ said:

I already signed in for the subscription service. Put in all my personal info & got an eai from Motor Trend, but there is no indication of the 2 car purchase specifically... does this sound normal???

this was my email confirmation.

IMG_E8038.JPG

Share this comment

FIGHTINFIRE921

Posted

Has anyone received a shipping email for the cars yet?

Share this comment

53 minutes ago, FIGHTINFIRE921 said:

Has anyone received a shipping email for the cars yet?

no

Share this comment