Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Allen Voivod

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way!" And one of their most popular moving violations is the "Rotsun," a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z. This project car has appeared in multiple episodes, and now it could make multiple appearances in your collection!

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you both a "Before" and an "After" edition of the Rotsun, along with a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring more than 7,000 episodes of original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free.

Need another reason to take the leap? Hot Wheels Life Size is a new show on MotorTrend’s streaming service, hosted by professional driver and car builder Nicole Lyons! She introduces you to life-size versions of Hot Wheels’ most beloved cars, and brings you along on a test drive in each episode.

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now!" button below when it becomes active starting Friday, 4/3 at 9 a.m. PT. (This will take you to our product page to start the subscription process – see more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Please note: When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items will be shipped to you. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

GRF97_71_Datsun_240z_MotorTrend_600px.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z

Image_4_600.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun
(product not final)

See additional images here

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Steelie Wheels
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Each car arrives separately on its own blister card with protective clamshell

Availability:

• RLC Members (4-day Priority Window): 04/03/20 at 9 a.m. PT until 04/06/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 04/07/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $49.99 total
  • US collectors only (international shipping not available)
  • For questions about your MotorTrend subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
  • For questions about fulfillment of either car in the 2-car set, contact Hot Wheels customer service
  • For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WHEATERZ

Posted

How long does it take to show up in order history?.. I don't see anything new listed for 4/3/20!

Share this comment

xyberpunx

Posted (edited)

$11.99/year for the first year, then $59.99/year.
Your subscription will begin on April 3, 2020.

Its not 49.99 as per advertised!!!

Can someone advice me..

Edited by xyberpunx

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

No Reward Points for this offer. 

Share this comment

Invasion1210

Posted

I love the price. People keep spreading the word and creating more accounts to make a quick buck in turn driving the worth of these awesome cars to the ground. More people equals raise the price and more quantity of cars made. Simple buisness, eventually the cars will be worth less then what you pay for it because there will be so many. So for someone with 1 account I dont care what you charge keep em coming.

Share this comment

SCOTTYSGARAGE

Posted

This is the worst online offer yet,,, the website will not let me purchase the cars because I already have the MotorTrend subscription.

Going back to the Hot Wheels website, now has me caught in an endless loop of signing in, clicking on the offer and back to signing in,,,

not interested anymore 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Irockhound

Posted

2 minutes ago, HWC Staff said:

as noted on the product page, this is the way this promo works:

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now" button. This will take you to MotorTrend’s website to start the subscription process. (See more details in the "Availability" section below.)

I put in my purchase info on the motor trend page.  It is not set up very well at all on this purchase.  After you enter your info to start your subscription it simply logs you into Motor Trend, No confirmation that you just made a purchase, no final invoice, no place on motor trend to see purchase history!  Pretty lame.  I assume I just bought the cars

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

2 minutes ago, HWC Staff said:

as noted on the product page, this is the way this promo works:

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now" button. This will take you to MotorTrend’s website to start the subscription process. (See more details in the "Availability" section below.)

I already signed in for the subscription service. Put in all my personal info & got an eai from Motor Trend, but there is no indication of the 2 car purchase specifically... does this sound normal???

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

Just ordered me 1 plus streaming. Took me to Motor Trend site where I had to signup and everything went very smoothly. Now I wait for these 2 to come to JAGVILLE,FLORIDA and join their cousins.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Share this comment

ACIRILLO1009

Posted

This just looks like a scam to subscribe to M/T. You have to go to their site to purchase with a subscription 

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

I was hopping Mattel can offer this cars without the need for the subscription. They already made other collaborations, in those cases you were able to purchase thars either here or in the other collaboration company website (i.e. magnus, period, rwb, etc)

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

Just now, Irockhound said:

I put in my purchase info on the motor trend page.  It is not set up very well at all on this purchase.  After you enter your info to start your subscription it simply logs you into Motor Trend, No confirmation that you just made a purchase, no final invoice, no place on motor trend to see purchase history!  Pretty lame.  I assume I just bought the cars

I could agree & say it's a lame deal too!.. I don't see anything updated in my RLC account history, but i never noticed how long it takes for an order to show up.

I wish there an OFFICIAL clue to show you purchased the 2 car set through HWC/RLC!!! 

Share this comment

WHEATERZ

Posted

4 minutes ago, fitsector said:

I was hopping Mattel can offer this cars without the need for the subscription. They already made other collaborations, in those cases you were able to purchase thars either here or in the other collaboration company website (i.e. magnus, period, rwb, etc)

Makes me wonder if you're paying for part of the subscription along w/2 cars for the $49.99? I would have settled for just the two cars myself!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Jamescano

Posted (edited)

Not sure if I ordered it or what. I wish they put a little more effort into letting us know. Ratter than just signing up for motor trend and straight to streaming. 

Edited by Jamescano
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

Joshvdale

Posted

I put my order in this morning on motortren...dgot a welcome email but my payment method hasn't been charged yet.. but I do have access to the streaming serviced....does this mean I did or did not get it ?

Share this comment

MYSTICOBRA

Posted

16 hours ago, NorbertBoateng said:

So Canadians are out I guess?

Pass anyway. 

Have enough datsuns and this is flat out too expensive. 

Most people are out of work and cannot afford it. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

Hope Mattel can offer this cars in a separate offer from the MT subscription in a near future....

I Just can´t complete the purchase at MT...  

Share this comment

FCJUMBALIA

Posted

MotorTrend won't let me do it because it's a promotion for "new subscribers" and the email I use for RLC is the same for MT, so even if I subscribed to MT under another email, once they send that infor to HotWheels, that email won't match my RLC account. I really hope RLC makes up for the short notice and screwing current MotorTrend/RLC subscribers by selling the cars by themselves later. 

Share this comment

cord_smg@yahoo.com

Posted

I ended up getting this offer. I thought the cars were unique and I’ve never had a subscription to MT. Besides, I’ve saved so much money not driving anywhere, I didn’t mind the cost, which was basically $25 a car plus the content of MT online...

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

RAYZ-HWC

Posted

You think tat Rotsun version will come with protruded intake & etc..think not. Then it'll be a new tool & whats the chances Hot Wheels will release tis new tool again apart from RLC sale offer..tops only 2 variants total

Share this comment

HWCGary

Posted

16 hours ago, fitsector said:

Hope Gary can help us to clear this questions... @HWCGary

Nope. I was not part of this project, so I can't really address how it was set up or what was supposed to be going on. I would make a post about any questions or concerns in the Customer Service Forum. 

Share this comment

cord_smg@yahoo.com

Posted

55 minutes ago, WHEATERZ said:

I already signed in for the subscription service. Put in all my personal info & got an eai from Motor Trend, but there is no indication of the 2 car purchase specifically... does this sound normal???

Yes

Share this comment

JOLIVER

Posted

Ok I'm guessing that we are all good of we got the email from MT to start streaming right??? 

Share this comment

cord_smg@yahoo.com

Posted

Not sure why some of you are having issues ordering. I logged into RLC about 15 minutes after start, took me to the MT site, bing bang boom... done...was able to start streaming immediately and received a confirmation email within three minutes. Re reading the offer on RLC should clear up some questions

Share this comment

Woohoomobile

Posted

Well im one having issues. 

From the link in the RLC site i entered the MT pages, signed up at 0901AM and nothing about the cars... 

Now after retrying im in a loop flashing up the site has heavy traffic and to try again later.

Will be mighty pissed if im now not able to get the cars because it thinks im an existing MT subscriber...

Share this comment