Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Allen Voivod

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way!" And one of their most popular moving violations is the "Rotsun," a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z. This project car has appeared in multiple episodes, and now it could make multiple appearances in your collection!

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you both a "Before" and an "After" edition of the Rotsun, along with a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring more than 7,000 episodes of original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free.

Need another reason to take the leap? Hot Wheels Life Size is a new show on MotorTrend’s streaming service, hosted by professional driver and car builder Nicole Lyons! She introduces you to life-size versions of Hot Wheels’ most beloved cars, and brings you along on a test drive in each episode.

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now!" button below when it becomes active starting Friday, 4/3 at 9 a.m. PT. (This will take you to our product page to start the subscription process – see more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Please note: When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items will be shipped to you. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

GRF97_71_Datsun_240z_MotorTrend_600px.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z

Image_4_600.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun
(product not final)

See additional images here

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Steelie Wheels
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Each car arrives separately on its own blister card with protective clamshell

Availability:

• RLC Members (4-day Priority Window): 04/03/20 at 9 a.m. PT until 04/06/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 04/07/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $49.99 total
  • US collectors only (international shipping not available)
  • For questions about your MotorTrend subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
  • For questions about fulfillment of either car in the 2-car set, contact Hot Wheels customer service
  • For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

HWKEN582

Posted

Used the Motor Trend link and just got mine. No waiting room!

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

Looks like they made a ton of these. They are in a mainline blister  as well..plastic base????...still available on motor trend so again I'm assuming there is a ton. 

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, DAR1988 said:

Looks like they made a ton of these. They are in a mainline blister  as well..plastic base????...still available on motor trend so again I'm assuming there is a ton. 

The first car seems more like a mainline with plastic base and wheels. The second car will have metal base and Real Riders per the specs. 

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

Like other members have asked, do you get the points if you wait and order through here? if not what’s the point of waiting, I clicked on the M.T link and can order now..

Does  anyone have a concrete answer?

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

Get it from motor trend if you can. Waiting room is like wrestlemania I would do it if I just could... 

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

1 minute ago, fitsector said:

Get it from motor trend if you can. Waiting room is like wrestlemania I would do it if I just could... 

seems like a simple question though.. It’s either yes you get the points or no you do not. 

Why cant anyone answer this question?

Share this comment

Lloydel

Posted

US only. Seriously?!!

Share this comment

WILLIEB47

Posted

8 minutes ago, Tgwheels said:

seems like a simple question though.. It’s either yes you get the points or no you do not. 

Why cant anyone answer this question?

If points were offered it would say so in the article. So their are no points been offered from what I can read. Everytime we are offered cars they will list the RLC rewards points if that car has points. Take the RWB on the 14th of April their should be points offered and the article will say so close to how much the car will cost. It has always been this way as far as I can remember.Hope this helps.
 I want em both today.

🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

• Like 1

Share this comment

TMS_1970

Posted

I'm not into the rusted look...or Datsuns...but for those of you that are...enjoy!

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

1 hour ago, DAR1988 said:

Oh it is metal base. My bad...missed it...

Share this comment

TMS_1970

Posted

According to the specs in the story, one of them has a plastic base and basic level wheels.  The other has a metal base and real riders.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted

6 minutes ago, TMS_1970 said:

According to the specs in the story, one of them has a plastic base and basic level wheels.  The other has a metal base and real riders.

Ah yes.  One indeed is. 

Share this comment

Tgwheels

Posted

13 hours ago, RV33 said:

To everybody unable to access the Motor Trend page, I am still able to access it here: https://www.motortrendondemand.com/hotwheels. Maybe try clearing all of your cookies. I've attempted on two different devices and three different browsers with the same effect. It works every time..

Thank you for providing this link. I was able to purchase/join through M.T no problems.

Share this comment

Rekcuf690

Posted

15 hours ago, JERSEL said:

Wait is this USA ONLY? Not open to Canadian collectors? 

Curious myself why...

Share this comment

Andycarz

Posted

15 hours ago, CARLZBAD said:

Anyone see how many will be sold????

The link for the quantity and limits is broken so who knows

Share this comment

I just joined through M.T with no problems instead of waiting in the Waiting Room.  There seems to be no difference in which way to order and the price is the same.

Share this comment

cbr11CARSON

Posted

Even though us Canadians pay the full price for the membership we don't get all the exclusive items? if this is the stuff that is going to happen I may as well not join next year.

Share this comment

11:08 and still no buy now button appearing

Share this comment

I_am_a_aron

Posted

Went through waiting room and redirected to motor trend do not see difference 

Share this comment

Anyone know if you're already a Motortrend On Demand subscriber and you buy this 1-year car bundle, what happens to the subscription you've already paid for? I'm still waiting to hear back from Motortrend's customer service.

Share this comment

Marius Nguy

Posted

US only... 

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

RLC page is just a link to the motortrend webpage.  Guess I´m out of this offer. 😞 

Share this comment

HWC Staff

Posted

1 minute ago, fitsector said:

RLC page is just a link to the motortrend webpage.  Guess I´m out of this offer. 😞 

as noted on the product page, this is the way this promo works:

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now" button. This will take you to MotorTrend’s website to start the subscription process. (See more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Share this comment