Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Allen Voivod

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way!" And one of their most popular moving violations is the "Rotsun," a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z. This project car has appeared in multiple episodes, and now it could make multiple appearances in your collection!

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you both a "Before" and an "After" edition of the Rotsun, along with a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring more than 7,000 episodes of original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free.

Need another reason to take the leap? Hot Wheels Life Size is a new show on MotorTrend’s streaming service, hosted by professional driver and car builder Nicole Lyons! She introduces you to life-size versions of Hot Wheels’ most beloved cars, and brings you along on a test drive in each episode.

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now!" button below when it becomes active starting Friday, 4/3 at 9 a.m. PT. (This will take you to our product page to start the subscription process – see more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Please note: When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items will be shipped to you. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

GRF97_71_Datsun_240z_MotorTrend_600px.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z

Image_4_600.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun
(product not final)

See additional images here

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Steelie Wheels
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Each car arrives separately on its own blister card with protective clamshell

Availability:

• RLC Members (4-day Priority Window): 04/03/20 at 9 a.m. PT until 04/06/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 04/07/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $49.99 total
  • US collectors only (international shipping not available)
  • For questions about your MotorTrend subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
  • For questions about fulfillment of either car in the 2-car set, contact Hot Wheels customer service
  • For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WINNER11

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, TomatoKollector427 said:

yeah LMFAO sold out???? says it begins tomorrow............................. -_- ???? 

Wow. I researched the availability date and found 2 different schedules. RLC is Friday. Motor Trend, however, is allowing orders TODAY. The RLC article states APRIL 3rd for RLC members wishing to order there/here. MOTOR TREND's site states APRIL 2nd for those who will order there.

Important note to remember is this sale is for 4 DAYS at the RLC level. ON APRIL 7th, HWC members may be able to order if any are available.

All total, this offer has been live for 1 day at the Motor Trend site, and then comes the 4-day live window at the RLC level with a possible following of as many days as it takes to sell out-

including this time the HWC community...which was probably also included on the Motor Trend site, today.

Edited by WINNER11
Research.

Share this comment

JrHotWheels

Posted

I got 2 already hahahah... I don’t have to wait now lol

Share this comment

Thomasonry

Posted

55 minutes ago, fitsector said:

Thanks for trying to help Tommy 

No problem hope it works out for you

Share this comment

CARLZBAD

Posted

1 hour ago, fitsector said:

Thank you so much Tommy for trying to helping me... I´ll be back tomorrow at 9:00 AM PT waiting for a miracle, after that I guess I will have no option rather than burning some extra bucks at evilbay.... 

They are around 80-100 already....

image.thumb.png.24be96a1e3f61a76c560eac8021e3a0a.png

That’s what they’re asking on eBay. Are they actually selling for that. I just saw one with a starting bid of $49. Throw a bid on it and see what happens. Maybe you’ll be the only bidder. 

Share this comment

FCJUMBALIA

Posted

What if I already have a MotorTrend subscription??🙄

Share this comment

JAL4U2C

Posted

Comes out to $19.99 per car, $6 shipping for the cars and $4 for the subscription. I went ahead and ordered directly from Motortrend. Got confirmation already. Didn't feel like sitting in the waiting room tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

Low_Key_Slaps

Posted

This is for the video service, not the magazine subscription

Share this comment

Low_Key_Slaps

Posted

5 hours ago, nodalpoint said:

Too expensive for me, plus I already have a print subscription to MotorTrend (you can get a year for $5).

This is for the video service, not the magazine subscription

Share this comment

RENSLIP6_6

Posted

So this is BS...I’m assuming, and I could very well be wrong, that this is not open to Canadians because this particular streaming service is not available in Canada. Well who gives a shirt about a streaming service I came here to buy Hot Wheels. We ALL should be offered a chance to purchase the cars that’s why I got a membership to the Red Line Club, not Motortrend Magazine. Pretty stupid sale to have if you ask me, only allowing part of the membership to purchase. 

• Like 3

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

I assume 49.99$ all in means, shipping included.

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

4 hours ago, fitsector said:

That´s exactly what is happening to me 

If you are being redirected to the SpringSale, it's most likely that you are trying to access their outside of the US. This meant to be sold in the US only because of the streaming service that comes with it - my guess

Share this comment

nvnqtvpq

Posted

When ordering from Motortrend directly I noticed I never entered in an address when paying. I did get an email confirmation about subscription + the two cars. Once logging into the website there isn't even a field to enter your address into. Weird. 

Share this comment

rj111289

Posted

where can i get the link?

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

7 minutes ago, rj111289 said:

where can i get the link?

motortrendondemand.com/hotwheels

Share this comment

222HOTGP

Posted

I wonder in Mattel will cancel all these orders thinking it is a loop hole? It seems pretty legit to order it directly from Motorend.

Share this comment

marleys.diecast

Posted

Interesting!

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, 222HOTGP said:

I wonder in Mattel will cancel all these orders thinking it is a loop hole? It seems pretty legit to order it directly from Motorend.

If they would cancel orders placed through MotorTrend, that would be a violation of their terms and conditions, which stated this was applicable to orders starting on 4/2/2020.

Share this comment

diecastgr

Posted

Yeah, I'll pass on that one 

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, RV33 said:

If they would cancel orders placed through MotorTrend, that would be a violation of their terms and conditions, which stated this was applicable to orders starting on 4/2/2020.

Their official rules state: 

1. During the Promotion Purchase Period beginning April 2, 2020, receive a "Rotsun" two-car set with the purchase of a

one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service. This promotion ends when the "Rotsun" two-car set has sold

out. Follow these Official Rules to receive one set of "Rotsun" 1:64 cars (two cars within each set) from Mattel, Inc.

(Mattel) and a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service.

2. Complete your purchase of the one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service and the "Rotsun" two-car set at

this link: motortrendondemand.com/hotwheels. Your order is complete when you have received a confirmation of your

order from MotorTrend. Your one-year subscription to MotorTrend will be active immediately. Motor Trend will then

share your information (including your full name, email, address, and phone number) with Mattel so that Mattel may ship

to you the two car “Rotsun” set. To learn more about how Mattel and the Mattel family of companies will handle your

information read their Privacy Statement. To learn more about the terms of MotorTrend subscriptions go to

motortrendondemand.com.

3. The first of the two cars in the "Rotsun" set will be sent separately from the second of the two cars in the "Rotsun" set.

Please note that current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items

will be shipped to you. Any damage to the packaging of the Promotional Vehicle will not be considered a defect to the

product, and no replacements will be provided. If Mattel can confirm delivery (via a traceable shipping method) to the

address provided on your order form, your order will be deemed fulfilled. Mattel and MotorTrend will not be responsible

for missing, late, or stolen orders.

This offer is valid for purchases made in, and orders shipping to, the continental U.S., Alaska, and Hawaii only. This

promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Offer void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise

restricted by law. Offer not valid in conjunction with other offers or coupons. No rain checks or other price/product

guarantees will be honored.

©2020 MotorTrend

©2020 Mattel

Share this comment

LOGIOSIN

Posted

So.... the first car has plastic base and plastic wheels, definitely not a 19.99 car....!

Share this comment

JENNYJONES4

Posted

PASS.....PASS....PASS....PASSSSSSSSSSSSSS. NOT WORTH THE HALF DAY LATE NOTICE......Way to go RLC...

Get worst every year.......!!!!

Share this comment

1sikgee

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, MVPATRICK said:

Is there any reason to wait for the sale on RLC? Seems this offer is currently available on Motor Trend already. Just asking...

Seems like it's only available for new subscribers 

Edited by 1sikgee

Share this comment

Joshvdale

Posted

So if we can order directly from Motortrend  what's the point of the Priority window to rlc?

Share this comment

Mstrongjr

Posted

Wondering if you order through hot wheels site instead of motortrend you'll get rlc points for it.  If so than I'm gonna be bummed out.. 

Share this comment