Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!

By Allen Voivod

Roadkill, one of MotorTrend's exclusive hit shows, "shows you how to do the wrong thing the right way!" And one of their most popular moving violations is the "Rotsun," a rusted-out 1971 Datsun 240Z. This project car has appeared in multiple episodes, and now it could make multiple appearances in your collection!

Hot Wheels has partnered with MotorTrend to bring you both a "Before" and an "After" edition of the Rotsun, along with a one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service! MotorTrend is the world’s premier destination for automotive entertainment, featuring more than 7,000 episodes of original shows, subscriber exclusives, and live events. You can stream it anywhere, anytime, ad free.

Need another reason to take the leap? Hot Wheels Life Size is a new show on MotorTrend’s streaming service, hosted by professional driver and car builder Nicole Lyons! She introduces you to life-size versions of Hot Wheels’ most beloved cars, and brings you along on a test drive in each episode.

To get the two-car set and your one-year subscription to MotorTrend’s streaming service, click the "Buy Now!" button below when it becomes active starting Friday, 4/3 at 9 a.m. PT. (This will take you to our product page to start the subscription process – see more details in the "Availability" section below.)

Please note: When you place your order, your MotorTrend subscription will be activated immediately. Current shipments may be delayed. You will be notified directly by Mattel via email as soon as these items will be shipped to you. Please see the Official Rules for more details.

GRF97_71_Datsun_240z_MotorTrend_600px.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z

Image_4_600.jpgHot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun
(product not final)

See additional images here

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Datsun 240Z):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Steelie Wheels
  • Base: Black (ABS)
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Specs (Hot Wheels Roadkill Rotsun):

• Body Color: Matte black
  • Deco: Realistic rust stain patterning, with Roadkill and Rotsun logo deco
  • Body Type: ZAMAC
  • Wheels: Real Riders GT wheels (front); Real Riders 5-hole wheels (rear)
  • Base: Full-metal, matte-black-painted chassis
  • Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
  • Interior Color: Black

Packaging:

• Each car arrives separately on its own blister card with protective clamshell

Availability:

• RLC Members (4-day Priority Window): 04/03/20 at 9 a.m. PT until 04/06/20 at 9 p.m. PT
  • HWC Account Holders (if not sold out): 04/07/20 at 9 a.m. PT

Pricing and Purchase Limits:

• Priced at $49.99 total
  • US collectors only (international shipping not available)
  • For questions about your MotorTrend subscription, contact MotorTrend customer service
  • For questions about fulfillment of either car in the 2-car set, contact Hot Wheels customer service
  • For full details, including shipping, processing, order limits, and other rules for this promotion, click here

MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC, trademarks, designs, copyrights and/or intellectual property rights are used under license.

Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Get the Roadkill Rotsun 2-Car Set + 1 Year of MotorTrend’s Streaming Service!
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same with me, followed the link, signed up and got confirmation email with no mention of the cars!

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Kaledhz said:

just bought it. But, no one site says about shipping of the cars or somethig like that

1 minute ago, evtrrb said:

Same with me, followed the link, signed up and got confirmation email with no mention of the cars!

Did your confirmation email mention the cars?

Share this comment

SeanMDouglas

Posted

Does anyone know how many are being made? It would kinda blow of anyone can just walk in and buy as many as they want.  

Share this comment

Thomasonry

Posted

Got it to work hell ya !!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

4 minutes ago, RV33 said:

"And unfortunately, it appears that it's no longer available"... that person is just giving you a generic response. I am still able to purchase this right now. If you aren't able to access the page, like I explained earlier, I believe you might be doing something wrong if you tried following my instructions. Everything I am doing still allows me to purchase, and NO, I am not manipulating anything. 

Thanks bro, I cleared cookies, cache and history on the computer, already tried with an ipad and the phone and is not working.  😞  

guess evilbay is waiting for me 😞 😞 

Share this comment

Just now, fitsector said:

Thanks bro, I cleared cookies, cache and history on the computer, already tried with an ipad and the phone and is not working.  😞  

guess evilbay is waiting for me 😞 😞 

Do you live in the US, or use a VPN from another country? Maybe it detects your IP as being outside the US... not sure. 

Share this comment

SeanMDouglas

Posted

Does anyone know how many are being made? It would kinda blow of anyone can just walk in and buy as many as they want.  

Share this comment

Thomasonry

Posted

Try a different email maybe

Share this comment

Thomasonry

Posted

Once you subscribe it wont let you back in is what I’m running into

Share this comment

Duster_Dude

Posted

Nice..... but now is not the best time.

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

4 minutes ago, RV33 said:

Do you live in the US, or use a VPN from another country? Maybe it detects your IP as being outside the US... not sure. 

US born and raised and living here as well (with the COVID19 sometimes I wish I could be living in Greenland or somtething like that...) 

Share this comment

Just now, fitsector said:

US born and raised and living here as well (with the COVID19 sometimes I wish I could be living in Greenland or somtething like that...) 

That was my last thought, since they're only allowing this in the US. I hope you have better luck tomorrow when they open this up for RLC.

• Like 1

Share this comment

TURTLE35

Posted

You can order now.  I just did.

Share this comment

WINNER11

Posted

At first, I had thought this was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE, because, you know, we seem to get wicked belated notices of Hot Wheels releases in the news. Then I saw that a lot of members actually ordered, so, here goes. Probably should have just tried to order already, but, don't really care all that much for these, so, let's see what I can or cannot do here....

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

3 minutes ago, RV33 said:

That was my last thought, since they're only allowing this in the US. I hope you have better luck tomorrow when they open this up for RLC.

Thanks man! 

Share this comment

TURTLE35

Posted

When you signed up they ask for your address so they can ship the cars when they are available.  No I didn’t get. Confirmation about the car, but the streaming worked perfect on the Xbox and iPad 

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, fitsector said:

Thank you so much Tommy for trying to helping me... I´ll be back tomorrow at 9:00 AM PT waiting for a miracle, after that I guess I will have no option rather than burning some extra bucks at evilbay.... 

They are around 80-100 already....

image.thumb.png.24be96a1e3f61a76c560eac8021e3a0a.png

My name's RV33, not "Tommy" 😉

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

14 minutes ago, Thomasonry said:

Try a different email maybe

Thanks for trying to help Tommy 

Share this comment

Pullman

Posted

I used provided link, made purchase, got confirmation email with two cars mentioned. No issue and this was done less than an hour ago.

Screenshot_20200402-205230_Gallery.jpg

Share this comment

WINNER11

Posted (edited)

🏁At first, I had thought this was an APRIL FOOLS JOKE, because, you know, we seem to get wicked belated notices of Hot Wheels releases in the news. Then I saw that a lot of members actually ordered, so, here goes. Probably should have just tried to order already, but, don't really care all that much for these, so, let's see what I can or cannot do here....

EDIT: OK! Opened the link, placed my order...now can watch the shows until I get my cars and can watch for a year. COOL!🏁

Edited by WINNER11

Share this comment

fitsector

Posted

3 minutes ago, RV33 said:

My name's RV33, not "Tommy" 😉

Sorry, I was trying to reply to Thomasonry..  🙂 

Share this comment

WINNER11

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, fitsector said:

Sorry, I was trying to reply to Thomasonry..  🙂 

I see a lot of members throughout the forums are replying without tapping the QUOTE link. Do this to avoid any confusion about which comment you are replying to.🏁

Edited by WINNER11

Share this comment

Dylans14

Posted

Does anyone know how many are going to be made?

Share this comment