Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Power of American Steel at Walmart!

By Gary Barnum

The first mass-produced cars in America began to roll out of Detroit right about the turn of the century (1900, not 2000). But it appears the automobile production really accelerated in the mid-century with heavy-duty steel vehicles. Today, estimates put the number of cars produced in Michigan close to two million! We pay homage to some of the many classics with our American Steel series at Walmart.

These editions really highlight some of the muscle behind American Steel, and it seems like everyone has a favorite or, most likely, favorites. If you’re strong enough, you can pull these favorites out of your local Walmart beginning in December.

GJW65_PIP.png

GJW65_001.jpg

GJW65_002.jpg

GJW65_003.jpg
Custom ’64 Galaxie

GJW66_PIP.png

GJW66_001.jpg

GJW66_002.jpg

GJW66_003.jpg
’66 Ford 427 Fairlane

GJW67_PIP.png

GJW67_001.jpg

GJW67_002.jpg

GJW67_003.jpg
’70 Pontiac® GTO™ Judge

GJW68_PIP.png

GJW68_001.jpg

GJW68_002.jpg

GJW68_003.jpg
’69 Shelby GT 500

GJW69_PIP.png

GJW69_001.jpg

GJW69_002.jpg

GJW69_003.jpg
’61 Chevy® Impala™ SS™

GJW70_PIP.png

GJW70_001.jpg

GJW70_002.jpg

GJW70_003.jpg
’72 Ford Torino

GJW71_PIP.png

GJW71_001.jpg

GJW71_002.jpg

GJW71_003.jpg
’69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator

GJW72_PIP.png

GJW72_001.jpg

GJW72_002.jpg

GJW72_003.jpg
Custom ’67 Pontiac® Firebird®

GJW73_PIP.png

GJW73_001.jpg

GJW73_002.jpg

GJW73_003.jpg
’70 Camaro®

GJW76_PIP.png

GJW76_001.jpg

GJW76_002.jpg

GJW76_003.jpg
’70 Buick® GSX™

2020 Walmart American Steel Checklist:

• ’61 Chevy® Impala™ SS™
  • ’66 Ford 427 Fairlane
  • ’69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
  • ’69 Shelby GT 500
  • ’70 Buick® GSX™
  • ’70 Camaro®
  • ’70 Pontiac® GTO™ Judge
  • ’72 Ford Torino
  • Custom ’64 Galaxie
  • Custom ’67 Pontiac® Firebird®

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWC Staff
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

RICKROLLA

Posted

Locked out and bummed out!

Any news on when this is gonna be fixed? Y2K+20....

Share this comment

IRISHFAN

Posted

It is taking way too long to get this resolved. Can you imagine how it will be when they end the 2019 memberships and we renew for 2020. They will have 15-20k memberships to transition back to RLC status. It might be months before we get access at this rate.

Share this comment

Shamus OhAonghusa

Posted

How much longer till the forums are back ? Is there an upcoming sale???

Share this comment

Iron Storm 1962

Posted

I would think they would hold off on any sales or memberships until the issue is resolved. 

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted (edited)

They should release a news article on this...

Edited by DAR1988
  • Like 1

Share this comment

dizzygti

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Iron Storm 1962 said:

I would think they would hold off on any sales or memberships until the issue is resolved. 

You would think they would just fix this issue.  It's simple  database management, but by all means, don't let that stop you from taking longer than a week to fix it.

Edited by dizzygti

Share this comment

nodalpoint

Posted

It's not like the members who paid for the privilege of being able to access the forums would actually want to sue the forums...

Share this comment

Nate78us

Posted

On 1/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, ARMATAZ said:

just watch for the yellow bannor where it normally appears.

the gulf sale was uneffected by the site being shut down.

they are seperated now.TAZ

That's good advice but the only problem is if alot of people's accounts have been deactivated the site isn't going to recognize them as a rlc member and they won't be able to purchase. 

Share this comment

21 minutes ago, Nate78us said:

That's good advice but the only problem is if alot of people's accounts have been deactivated the site isn't going to recognize them as a rlc member and they won't be able to purchase. 

the accounts are not deactivated. the shop still has current membership records. the boards are  a seperate system.

and If, the problem did go that deep, then they would delay  sales.  as they had done in the past when pluck had issues.TAZ

Share this comment

41 minutes ago, dizzygti said:

You would think they would just fix this issue.  It's simple  database management, but by all means, don't let that stop you from taking longer than a week to fix it.

I have mentioned this before,  mattel shuts down for the holiday season  just maintaining a skelliton crew.. so they are short staffed untill they come back from their winter break, when that will be, depends on how long the employee's put in for. remember that many  of them live in different countries.

not just in different parts of ours. TAZ

Share this comment

Rick

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, ARMATAZ said:

the accounts are not deactivated. the shop still has current membership records. the boards are  a seperate system.

and If, the problem did go that deep, then they would delay  sales.  as they had done in the past when pluck had issues.TAZ

I spoke to customer service yesterday and she verified that the accounts have been deactivated  as of Jan 1 and that they were working on fixing the problem. Feel free to call customer service to verify.

Edited by Rick 1572371802

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Rick 1572371802 said:

I spoke to customer service yesterday and she verified that the accounts have been deactivated and that they were working on fixing the problem. Feel free to call customer service to verify.

as I said,  that is for the boards.  the shop still has records for the current RLC membership, so they should be uneffected.

and "if "  the issue is found to go deeper, they will delay any sales that might come up. while the issue is being resolved..

they also hope the boards will be fixed some time this week.

and they know we are posting here.

TAZ

Share this comment

Rick

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, ARMATAZ said:

as I said,  that is for the boards.  the shop still has records for the current RLC membership, so they should be uneffected.

and "if "  the issue is found to go deeper, they will delay any sales that might come up. while the issue is being resolved..

they also hope the boards will be fixed some time this week.

and they know we are posting here.

TAZ

Wrong answer, call customer service give them your RLC number which has been deactivated automatically as of January 1st .

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Rick 1572371802 said:

Wrong answer, call customer service give them your RLC number which has been deactivated automatically as of January 1st .

I did, that is what they told me.TAZ

Share this comment

Rick

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, ARMATAZ said:

I did, that is what they told me.TAZ

You will not have access to the forms until your account has been reinstated the same goes for myself and all of the other accounts that have been deactivated. Eventually the problem will be fixed

Share this comment

ARMATAZ

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Rick 1572371802 said:

You will not have access to the forms until your account has been reinstated the same goes for myself and all of the other accounts that have been deactivated.

where did I say I would?   read what I wrote.

I said they hope to have the issue fixed some time this week. and that they know we are posting here (as in, this article). TAZ

Edited by ARMATAZ

Share this comment

4 minutes ago, ARMATAZ said:

where did I say I would?   read what I wrote.TAZ

You will not have access to the forms until your account has been reinstated the same goes for myself and all of the other accounts that have been deactivated.

Share this comment

Just now, Rick 1572371802 said:

again?? where did I say I would?? the board access is deactivated ,  the account information remains active  to them,on their servers.

• Like 1

Share this comment

shadjuice

Posted

How long has the internet been around? We still can't get a functioning website, it's pathetic!!!!

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 minute ago, ARMATAZ said:

again?? where did I say I would?? the board access is deactivated ,  the account information remains active  to them,on their servers.

Not here to argue... as soon as the accounts are reactivated everything should be okie dokie

Share this comment

Well it’s always something . No worries we will all be safe.

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Bones63 said:

Well it’s always something . No worries we will all be safe.

You sir are correct !!!

Share this comment

BRENT1979

Posted

I hope it's fixed soon!!!!!!  

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, BRENT1979 said:

I hope it's fixed soon!!!!!!  

Me Too !!!!!!!

Share this comment