Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Get the Power of American Steel at Walmart!

By Gary Barnum

The first mass-produced cars in America began to roll out of Detroit right about the turn of the century (1900, not 2000). But it appears the automobile production really accelerated in the mid-century with heavy-duty steel vehicles. Today, estimates put the number of cars produced in Michigan close to two million! We pay homage to some of the many classics with our American Steel series at Walmart.

These editions really highlight some of the muscle behind American Steel, and it seems like everyone has a favorite or, most likely, favorites. If you’re strong enough, you can pull these favorites out of your local Walmart beginning in December.

GJW65_PIP.png

GJW65_001.jpg

GJW65_002.jpg

GJW65_003.jpg
Custom ’64 Galaxie

GJW66_PIP.png

GJW66_001.jpg

GJW66_002.jpg

GJW66_003.jpg
’66 Ford 427 Fairlane

GJW67_PIP.png

GJW67_001.jpg

GJW67_002.jpg

GJW67_003.jpg
’70 Pontiac® GTO™ Judge

GJW68_PIP.png

GJW68_001.jpg

GJW68_002.jpg

GJW68_003.jpg
’69 Shelby GT 500

GJW69_PIP.png

GJW69_001.jpg

GJW69_002.jpg

GJW69_003.jpg
’61 Chevy® Impala™ SS™

GJW70_PIP.png

GJW70_001.jpg

GJW70_002.jpg

GJW70_003.jpg
’72 Ford Torino

GJW71_PIP.png

GJW71_001.jpg

GJW71_002.jpg

GJW71_003.jpg
’69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator

GJW72_PIP.png

GJW72_001.jpg

GJW72_002.jpg

GJW72_003.jpg
Custom ’67 Pontiac® Firebird®

GJW73_PIP.png

GJW73_001.jpg

GJW73_002.jpg

GJW73_003.jpg
’70 Camaro®

GJW76_PIP.png

GJW76_001.jpg

GJW76_002.jpg

GJW76_003.jpg
’70 Buick® GSX™

2020 Walmart American Steel Checklist:

• ’61 Chevy® Impala™ SS™
  • ’66 Ford 427 Fairlane
  • ’69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
  • ’69 Shelby GT 500
  • ’70 Buick® GSX™
  • ’70 Camaro®
  • ’70 Pontiac® GTO™ Judge
  • ’72 Ford Torino
  • Custom ’64 Galaxie
  • Custom ’67 Pontiac® Firebird®

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

HWC Staff
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1WOLFISHERE

Posted

Add me to the list As well 

Share this comment

leemlancon

Posted

Add me to the list as well. We were out of town so no idea how long mine has been out.....

Share this comment

any one here remember what year we had the 2 week black out on the old Eve boards??

people used to have signatures that read, " I survived the  HWC black out of".

back then we didnt have any place we still could  communicate. we had to find each other on sites .

Share this comment

14 hours ago, E-HUDGENS said:

I suppose this will destroy my chance at the next sale (treasure hunt set)

just watch for the yellow bannor where it normally appears.

the gulf sale was uneffected by the site being shut down.

they are seperated now.TAZ

• Like 1

Share this comment

Aaronwyatt1981

Posted

1 hour ago, ARMATAZ said:

just watch for the yellow bannor where it normally appears.

the gulf sale was uneffected by the site being shut down.

they are seperated now.TAZ

I wonder when a sale will be tho. There are at least 2 cars they said were pushed back to Jan. If not 3. They specificlly mentioned 2. And the super and factory sets. Running out of time. 

Share this comment

SELRAHC1963

Posted

17 hours ago, ARMATAZ said:

see... tol'ya ;-).. dont know why our HWC access is blocked.. but my guess is,  it is probably holding our statice  in limbo untill it can be fixed.

"I wonder if the RLC status was shut off in preparation of us renewing our RLC accounts, and somehow was not able to turn "just" the RLC side and has disabled both RLC and HWC accounts."  My wondering was somewhat correct then. 

Share this comment

nodalpoint

Posted

Heck of a club...

Share this comment

Shamus OhAonghusa

Posted

When r the forums going to be open again ???

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Aaronwyatt1981 said:

I wonder when a sale will be tho. There are at least 2 cars they said were pushed back to Jan. If not 3. They specificlly mentioned 2. And the super and factory sets. Running out of time. 

I dont worry about it. they will s anews article about the sale before they come up.. even if we cant see the calender..TAZ

Share this comment

3 hours ago, SELRAHC1963 said:

"I wonder if the RLC status was shut off in preparation of us renewing our RLC accounts, and somehow was not able to turn "just" the RLC side and has disabled both RLC and HWC accounts."  My wondering was somewhat correct then. 

I dont know, but as I mentioned in a previouse post. I think the HWC site did an automatic reset when the calender flipped.

and since they are not done with 2019. the new invision system, the new forums run on, went into stasis untill it can be corrected. 

that would explain why we dont have access to the HWC or RLC boards.

remember an e-mail reply was  also as posted from customer service, stating.

they are aware of the issue and are trying to correct it. 

so I guess we just chill and wait.TAZ

Share this comment

1 hour ago, nodalpoint said:

Heck of a club...

yes , it is.  . it has a few quirks, and problems... but  what real club dont. TAZ

Share this comment

sanding foam backing off the head liner panel  in the T-bird today, talk about a messy job..

once it is clean, I think I'll just paint it, instead of gluing in a new fabric.

kinda depends on how smooth the panel comes out. after I get the old foam  completely off.TAZ

Share this comment

KOMPRESSOR

Posted

man i'm glad i found this thread by accident i was freaking out that i maybe get banned or something lol, good to know i'm not the only one going through this

Share this comment

SELRAHC1963

Posted

5 hours ago, ARMATAZ said:

I dont know, but as I mentioned in a previouse post. I think the HWC site did an automatic reset when the calender flipped.

and since they are not done with 2019. the new invision system, the new forums run on, went into stasis untill it can be corrected. 

that would explain why we dont have access to the HWC or RLC boards.

remember an e-mail reply was  also as posted from customer service, stating.

they are aware of the issue and are trying to correct it. 

so I guess we just chill and wait.TAZ

That email came out after I originally posted on Friday that the RLC/HWC accounts may have been deactivated. I'm not worried about it. I have surgery Tuesday so I'll be out of it for a few days. Having my nose roto rootered out so hopefully I can breathe easier.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, SELRAHC1963 said:

That email came out after I originally posted on Friday that the RLC/HWC accounts may have been deactivated. I'm not worried about it. I have surgery Tuesday so I'll be out of it for a few days. Having my nose roto rootered out so hopefully I can breathe easier.

yes, it came out after that members post as well as my posts , and  the  e-mail from the staff member working in cutomer service said that it will be corrected ASAP. 

theres nothing for the membership to do but relax and wait..TAZ

Share this comment

cars4dylan

Posted

8 hours ago, SELRAHC1963 said:

Woof...rhinoseptoplasty?  That one sucks and had it back when I broke my nose in 3 spots.  Fast healing and you'll breath better and it's trippy as all get out when they pull the shunts out.

Share this comment

BONGOFURY

Posted

I haven’t received any email regarding this interruption. But I’m not too worried about it. I wonder if it affected only folks who bought stuff during the rewards window. 

Share this comment

RIVERWHEELS

Posted

I've been off the internet a lot during the holidays, to what Gulf sale is Taz referring? Did I miss something?? Or was he referring to the Gulf Raptor??

Share this comment

2 hours ago, BONGOFURY said:

I haven’t received any email regarding this interruption. But I’m not too worried about it. I wonder if it affected only folks who bought stuff during the rewards window. 

they did not send out a blanket e-mail,

a member contacted customer service and posted the reply here.TAZ

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, RIVERWHEELS said:

I've been off the internet a lot during the holidays, to what Gulf sale is Taz referring? Did I miss something?? Or was he referring to the Gulf Raptor??

the site was in transission and was down during the raptor ,as well.

Share this comment

Davidstingray

Posted

I found a complete set at my local Walmart on Saturday.  However most of the cards were so bent up and several had broken blisters, so I passed on any of them.

Its a shame when something with so much potential turns out so bad due to careless and rough handling.

Share this comment

RABBIT15

Posted

I found the Buick GSX and it is sharp! I had previously found the '64 Galaxie, '61 Chevy, '67 Firebird, '70 Camaro, and '72 Gran Torino Sport. Left the GTO and the Merc. Why no MOPARS?

Share this comment

25 minutes ago, RABBIT15 said:

I found the Buick GSX and it is sharp! I had previously found the '64 Galaxie, '61 Chevy, '67 Firebird, '70 Camaro, and '72 Gran Torino Sport. Left the GTO and the Merc. Why no MOPARS?

they could not catch them. LOL;-) TAZ

• Like 1

Share this comment

ProtouringRam

Posted

I'm cut off as well.

Share this comment