Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cruisin' to See and Be Seen!

By Allen Voivod

With a name like "Cruisin'," our final Car Culture Premium Assortment for 2019 sounds like it's going to take things leisurely. And you'd be right! These cars were made to be admired as they glide down the boulevard on a sultry Friday night. Now it's your turn to collect them and show off your new rides!

Each of the five entries in this mix rolls along with the authentic details, all-metal castings, and Real Riders wheels you've come to expect. That would be more than enough to get any Car Culture fan to the pegs, but adding two new tools on top of that? Well, that's just the icing on the cake, my friend.

FYN81_PIP_FE_20_001_21A.png
Toyota Supra

FYN82_PIP_FE_20_001_21A.png
'69 Chevelle SS 396

FYN83_PIP_FE_20_001_21A.png
2014 Custom Mustang
FYN84_PIP_FE_20_001_21A.png
Custom '93 Nissan Hardbody (D21) (new tool!)

FYN80_PIP_FE_20_001_21A.png
Volkswagen "Classic Bug" (new tool!)

Car Culture Mix 6 – Cruisin' Checklist:

• '69 Chevelle SS 396
  • 2014 Custom Mustang
  • Custom '93 Nissan Hardbody (D21) (new tool!)
  • Toyota Supra
  • Volkswagen "Classic Bug" (new tool!)

Items and dates subject to change. Production cars may vary from the photos shown. Mattel reserves the right to modify the color, decorations and wheel type.

Edited by HWC Staff

HWC Staff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

CAPTAINCHEIF2

Posted (edited)

Why can't hot wheels sell these on here? It would help collectors out who can't find and have to turn to paying reseller price

Edited by CAPTAINCHEIF2
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Agreed, at the very least RLC members should be able to buy premium sets here. That would be nice Mattel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Or at least make sure the retailers you have sales contracts with to order them regularly and put them out on the pegs in a timely manner instead of holding the cases back in the stock room for the resellers that are slipping toy department associates money to do so!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

DIECAST_LOVER

Posted

They have not done a Nissan Pick Up XL in a long time.  Bravo...

Share this comment

Yes Hot wheels.. now put them on your website for us to purchase.I have the same problem with Walmart.I go to walmart 2/3 in the morning when they put out cars..good cars already gone.somebody in the loop is buying all the cars at one time..never any good cars at Walmart in Arnold mo.ebay scalpers.dont bother going there just basic cars left on pegs.very disappointed...St Louis MO.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Agreed. The premium & car culture lines should always be for sale here on HWC. That would fix a part of the rampant reseller problem, not to mention increased direct to consumer sales for Mattel. 

• Like 3

Share this comment

Those new car culture cruise boulevard cars are all awesome. 👍I'm on the hunt for all 5 of those and I can't wait to add all 5 of those to my hotwheels collection. 👍

Share this comment

Can't wait to see these in hand. Unfortunately it takes way too long to complete the sets.

The enjoyment wanes with frustration when constantly shuffling down aisles to no avail.

Thank you for offering complete sets in the past. Sorry if they took too long to sell out, but, I bet many were sold.

Rarely do I see entire sets sold out at public retail. Always 1 or 2 popular models missing making the rest look undesirable. Maybe they look that way because of the frustration in not seeing all of them there. Box these up! Every time!

And support them inside the blisters so they don't roll through them which is THE main issue with returns in boxes. I just did one a few weeks ago.

Stop allowing negative views attach themselves to fine product released this way. That will enhance the collector's enjoyment greatly.

Keep up the good work. I mean that.

Share this comment

I buy cases from a and j toys and from 1stopdiecast...  anyone here can do the same... why is this such a big deal ... and i dont need an empty explanation of why mattel should do it maybe you guys should just order them elsewhere instead of insisting mattel do more to appease you, you should do more to find what you want CLEARLY you never looked anywhere or you like to hear yourselves complain.....I PRE ordered my case 1 month ago and its suppose to arrive today... ..Thanks for makin its possible Mattel.. thanks to aandj and 1stop as well... PEOPLE ....YOURE ALREADY ONLINE , DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.  AANDJ has this case for 49$ that is cheap if you dont wanna pay that then do without.

• Like 2

Share this comment

1 hour ago, RC1981 said:

I buy cases from a and j toys and from 1stopdiecast...  anyone here can do the same... why is this such a big deal ... and i dont need an empty explanation of why mattel should do it maybe you guys should just order them elsewhere instead of insisting mattel do more to appease you, you should do more to find what you want CLEARLY you never looked anywhere or you like to hear yourselves complain.....I PRE ordered my case 1 month ago and its suppose to arrive today... ..Thanks for makin its possible Mattel.. thanks to aandj and 1stop as well... PEOPLE ....YOURE ALREADY ONLINE , DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.  AANDJ has this case for 49$ that is cheap if you dont wanna pay that then do without.

Exactly what I do now. No need to waste my time going to the stores and sourcing all these cars. Saves me time and money in the long run. I have a subscription with 1stopdiecast for all car culture and team transport sets. I just got the mix 7 case yesterday with the 71' datsun 510 and 71' porsche 911 cars among other ones. 

Share this comment

You're right, they should probably just start selling barbies on here. Leave diecast to the middle men and Malaysia factory thieves! 

• Like 1

Share this comment

DAR1988

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, RC1981 said:

4 hours ago, surgedude said:

Exactly what I do now. No need to waste my time going to the stores and sourcing all these cars. Saves me time and money in the long run. I have a subscription with 1stopdiecast for all car culture and team transport sets. I just got the mix 7 case yesterday with the 71' datsun 510 and 71' porsche 911 cars among other ones. 

You TWO HAVE IT EXACTLY CORRECT. These are easily obtained through preorders on 1stop and AandJ. Why so many have a hard time figuring this out is beyond me. I guess many like to run around wasting gas all day and unnecessary wear and tear on their vehicles. There is really no excuse for people not to be able to get these at retail price now. ALSO...Im sure HWC will eventually have them for sale...since they have been having a ton of CC and ID on here for months now. So I don't get the complaints...??????

Edited by DAR1988

Share this comment

4 hours ago, mikemcd126 said:

You're right, they should probably just start selling barbies on here. Leave diecast to the middle men and Malaysia factory thieves! 

Your sarcasm is unwarranted....since they have indeed been selling car culture here....are people not looking in the shop???

Share this comment

The sarcasm was for the people advertising for A & J toys.  I am well aware there has been car culture releases in the shop, albeit maybe 2 or 3 offerings.

Share this comment

It's nice to see the Toyota Supra !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this comment

9 hours ago, DAR1988 said:

Your sarcasm is unwarranted....since they have indeed been selling car culture here....are people not looking in the shop???

True they have been offering them in the shop here and there usually after the initial release I like to have my Hot Wheels ASAP without waiting . 

• Like 1

Share this comment

18 hours ago, mikemcd126 said:

The sarcasm was for the people advertising for A & J toys.  I am well aware there has been car culture releases in the shop, albeit maybe 2 or 3 offerings.

wow why would you buy a set in the shop here for more money than a whole case from somewhere else?... haha some people are BEYOND help. enjoy expensive sets and running to every walmart all while complaining. EDITED. CONTENT NOT POLITE OR MATURE. 

• Haha 1

Share this comment

18 hours ago, mikemcd126 said:

The sarcasm was for the people advertising for A & J toys. I am well aware there has been car culture releases in the shop, albeit maybe 2 or 3 offerings.

If you are aware of all this...what is the problem. I live in an area that is saturated with collectors and resellers. For about 2 years of my 4 years collecting 1/64 I did the driving around thing looking for stuff. Eventually I found it was a waste of time, gas and extra wear on the car and it got boring. I now only look in the store if I'm there for food or something else. That's it's. Funny thing is I have been able to get pretty much get anything I want online and in the one or two stores I go to for food.

There has been more product out there lately. Especially with car culture. Many have become peg warmers because they are making more. The Datsun/ hauler for example was on the shelf at my local store for over 2 months. 2 years ago they would have disappeared quickly. 

So sorry the complaining is unwarranted. If I can find everything I want with maybe 2 trips to the store weekly and an occasional online purchase, You guys going everyday should have no problem. Couple that with online purchases your obsession should be adequately satitated.😂😂

Share this comment

10 hours ago, DAR1988 said:

If you are aware of all this...what is the problem. I live in an area that is saturated with collectors and resellers. For about 2 years of my 4 years collecting 1/64 I did the driving around thing looking for stuff. Eventually I found it was a waste of time, gas and extra wear on the car and it got boring. I now only look in the store if I'm there for food or something else. That's it's. Funny thing is I have been able to get pretty much get anything I want online and in the one or two stores I go to for food.

There has been more product out there lately. Especially with car culture. Many have become peg warmers because they are making more. The Datsun/ hauler for example was on the shelf at my local store for over 2 months. 2 years ago they would have disappeared quickly. 

So sorry the complaining is unwarranted. If I can find everything I want with maybe 2 trips to the store weekly and an occasional online purchase, You guys going everyday should have no problem. Couple that with online purchases your obsession should be adequately satitated.😂😂

Sorry if it blows your mind at the suggestion they might offer the car culture lines for sale here on HWC. Not sure why that doesnt make any sense. Unless you are a re-seller what do you care if they sell them here or walmart or on Mars? 

Share this comment

12 hours ago, RC1981 said:

wow why would you buy a set in the shop here for more money than a whole case from somewhere else?... haha some people are BEYOND help. enjoy expensive sets and running to every walmart all while complaining. EDITED. CONTENT NOT POLITE OR MATURE. 

I see team transports at AJ for $2 less. Is that what you're talking about?

Share this comment

57 minutes ago, mikemcd126 said:

Sorry if it blows your mind at the suggestion they might offer the car culture lines for sale here on HWC. Not sure why that doesnt make any sense. Unless you are a re-seller what do you care if they sell them here or walmart or on Mars? 

They do offer them here. Apparently you didn't read my entire post before. 

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, DAR1988 said:

They do offer them here. Apparently you didn't read my entire post before. 

So whats your beef? I never said they did NOT offer them. Check it... In my first post on this thread I said they should always offer them for sale on here. Are you saying they should not? The more hot wheels for sale in more places is all the better I say. Not sure what your problem is.

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, mikemcd126 said:

So whats your beef? I never said they did NOT offer them. Check it... In my first post on this thread I said they should always offer them for sale on here. Are you saying they should not? The more hot wheels for sale in more places is all the better I say. Not sure what your problem is.

I don't have a problem. But everyone here who says they don't offer this stuff is wrong. Because they have been. This is what I and a couple of others have said.

Now that they started to offer retail stuff I'm sure many will eventually make it here. This set was just released. 

Share this comment

1 minute ago, DAR1988 said:

I don't have a problem. But everyone here who says they don't offer this stuff is wrong. Because they have been. This is what I and a couple of others have said.

Now that they started to offer retail stuff I'm sure many will eventually make it here. This set was just released. 

👍Awesome, I'm glad we have found ourselves in agreement. I purchase from all the online guys too as well as in store and even ebay when necessity warrants for VHTF older stuff. I believe you are probably right about more items coming and since it was only just recently they started listing them it would only make sense.

I'm sure they wouldn't pour the money into revamping this site if they weren't looking to increase its revenue. Not to mention I am sure mattel can obvi make way bigger margin on their own site than wholesaling. Hopefully they get to the point where they are offering the stuff in unison with all the retailers. Also RLC has free shipping most of the time so thats a plus. 

Share this comment