Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Coming Soon: A New HWC/RLC Forum Platform!

By Allen Voivod

Thank you so much for being part of the Hot Wheels collecting community! Your support is greatly appreciated, and we're always looking for opportunities to improve your experiences with us. We're thrilled to announce a coming change – to a newer, more modern, and fully supported forum experience.

On Monday, 10/28 at 12:01am, the forums will shut down and begin the migration to a new provider. With the migration comes a number of significant upgrades, including (but not limited to):

• The forums will be mobile-optimized, for a better experience on phones and tablets.
  • The ability to follow conversations and get updates on new replies has been revamped and improved.
  • Private messaging between forum members will feature a new and easier-to-use interface.

Before October 28th, we recommend that you do the following:

• Save a copy (on your own computer or device) of any messages in your inbox that you want to keep. Messages in your forum mailboxes will not be migrated to the new platform.
  • Download copies of any images from your photo gallery, as a precaution against the unexpected. The plan is for all photos to be preserved, though the photo gallery functionality will be returning at a later date. But we recommend downloading copies of them just in case.

Please note: We expect to go live by 11/8. So it won’t be too long before you can access the new and improved version of the HWC/RLC forums.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i just want a raptor on tuesday ![/quote]
you and about 19,500 other people. good luck.;-)TAZ

Share this comment

It is getting extremely frustrating getting kicked out at checkout and being told to check back later. It use to be if it went in your cart and you went to checkout you would get your car, not have to start over because of a server issue.

Share this comment

The forums just shut down about 330 so I guess we will see you all in about 8 days

Share this comment

Hopefully it will be for the better and I look forward to being a part of RLC for years to come!!

Share this comment

ZunkerCustoms

Posted

Forums, because that's what all the members who use the site are unhappy with. FIX THE RLC SITE so we aren't logged out 4 times in 2 minutes, stopped from logging in from the beginning, "forgotten" in the server, sent to a page letting us know you're "having site issues," and being absolute garbage in every other aspect. "We're sorry but to buy this item you need to be logged in....again....several times....oh that sucks it's sold out." You've got to be kidding. Do any of the site managers read the posts on Lamley? Orange track? ANYONE who tries to buy RLC stuff the day of? Fix your site, forget the forums. #Facepalm #FFS

Share this comment

CarcollectorCole45

Posted

This is far overdue thanks for FINALLY taking initiative Mattel.

Share this comment

1:16 PM on 11/2/2019

Forums, because that's what all the members who use the site are unhappy with. FIX THE RLC SITE so we aren't logged out 4 times in 2 minutes, stopped from logging in from the beginning, "forgotten" in the server, sent to a page letting us know you're "having site issues," and being absolute garbage in every other aspect. "We're sorry but to buy this item you need to be logged in....again....several times....oh that sucks it's sold out." You've got to be kidding. Do any of the site managers read the posts on Lamley? Orange track? ANYONE who tries to buy RLC stuff the day of? Fix your site, forget the forums. #Facepalm #FFS: [/quote]

there is no RLC site, the RLC is just part of the HWC site, that members can subscribe to, to get extra bonus'.
having to log in every half hour is a hassle. and it would be nice if that got fixed.
the HWC shop/waiting room is what I assume you meant by the RLC site??..
hopefully with the new site platform , that too will get addressed.
TAZ

Share this comment

PandaExpress74

Posted

Anything is an improvement over watching the spinning wheels after placing the "Add to Cart" order trapped in limbo, and missing the RLC sale.

Share this comment

Think this will be great! Awesome job Mattel!!!

Share this comment

For what? Next year? Still logged me out today when I was already past the waiting room. I dont think I'm getting RLC again next year...

Share this comment

^^^^If you would have actually read the article the new site isn't up yet. Not until the 8th. We used the same as before. I got one though.....?????????

Share this comment

Soo Soo very disappointed that once again I missed out on the Raptor today, I had done everything correctly, got to add to my cart and got to put in my 3 digit code and then just watched the yellow and red gears spin and spin until it popped up SOLD OUT!
GEE WIZ it's so exciting when you get to add to cart and then disappointing to not finish the sale especially when you have been waiting for so long.

Share this comment

I think that if you are a RLC MEMBER that you should just be able to buy at minimum one of the vehicles being offered, that's why I wanted to be a part of the coolest collecting club. I just don't know how these people on eBay are able to get the vehicle sold on eBay before they even know for sure if they are going to get it. How's that possible? I am a big Ford fan and guess I will have to pay double vor even triple for a 35$ diecast that was in my cart?

Share this comment

^^^^ I will answer your question. When you joined you and everyone else was aware that they do not make enough for everyone. That's the way the club has always operated. Now the good news is that they make more of each release. Sure we have 15-20k members now but there are more of these things on the open market. So they won't go up on the open market as much and will settle at lower prices. As for people putting them on eBay before they know they got one. THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM of they don't get it after preselling. They are not guaranteed anything. They are taking a chance assuming they get their 5 from 5 accounts or whatever. Concern yourself with trying to get what you want and don't worry about some guy on eBay preselling. Because I can assure you that it has no bearing on you able to get one ...

Share this comment

Got the raptor this morning.
Site worked way better than previous time. Thank you Mattel

Share this comment