Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Coming Soon: A New HWC/RLC Forum Platform!

By Allen Voivod

Thank you so much for being part of the Hot Wheels collecting community! Your support is greatly appreciated, and we're always looking for opportunities to improve your experiences with us. We're thrilled to announce a coming change – to a newer, more modern, and fully supported forum experience.

On Monday, 10/28 at 12:01am, the forums will shut down and begin the migration to a new provider. With the migration comes a number of significant upgrades, including (but not limited to):

• The forums will be mobile-optimized, for a better experience on phones and tablets.
  • The ability to follow conversations and get updates on new replies has been revamped and improved.
  • Private messaging between forum members will feature a new and easier-to-use interface.

Before October 28th, we recommend that you do the following:

• Save a copy (on your own computer or device) of any messages in your inbox that you want to keep. Messages in your forum mailboxes will not be migrated to the new platform.
  • Download copies of any images from your photo gallery, as a precaution against the unexpected. The plan is for all photos to be preserved, though the photo gallery functionality will be returning at a later date. But we recommend downloading copies of them just in case.

Please note: We expect to go live by 11/8. So it won’t be too long before you can access the new and improved version of the HWC/RLC forums.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

11/05/19 should be a very interesting sale day on this site. I am ready. ????????

Share this comment

Wow, 10 days to "fix" the problem. Mattel is almost a billion dollar company and has a site that's like a ma&pa company that does under $1million. Let's hope this is the first step into acting like they are more than a ma and pa company.

Share this comment

That just sounds really nice. But couldn't you look for more opportunities to improve our experience with the RLC purchasing site/or non-purchasing site. Your support would be "greatly" appreciated!

Share this comment

After the announce of the next raptor (on sale on nov 5) and considering the new forum will be available until November 8 ... this gives me the idea that the website for purchasing RLC cars are going to be the same on the next sale day. Really really sad

Share this comment

Tapple10@gmail.com

Posted

Interesting but, why not get the RLC waiting room, sign in, and add to cart thing work first? We all pay our membership and making a forum sounds cool but it will just be another place to gripe about being kicked off.
Anyways, I hope this transition goes well for all involved

Share this comment

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one at the very last step of the buying process to get shut out. If you don't have multiple memberships you can forget it. I hope we all have better luck with next one(Ford Raptor). But, I for one am not counting on it. I truly believe the RLC could give a RATS BUTT less about how we feel. Just the money is their main worry. As I said in my previous post I think this is my last year. NO LONGER ANY FUN FOR AN OL F. I think I'll start spending more time on my real hot rods.
Sam F.

Share this comment

I think I can't buy anything on RLC because your site keeps telling me to sign in when I already have. I called in and the person said they are aware of the problem but nothing would be done. I think Mattel is terrible to its customers, me for one, and this forum will be a total failure.

Share this comment

This is a great idea. Now everyone that thought the RLC sale was screwed up only for them will see it's screwed up for a bunch of people and Mattel doesn't care. In fact I bet the employees get a kick out of customers get kicked out when they try to add to their cart.

Share this comment

PHILLIPKE2001

Posted

Really will not matter. Last year on club, after joining very first year. Of all cars was only able to get one and that was one that anyone could get. Easier to buy off ebay month later than take off work to have sale cancelled, or sold out, or site goes down.

Share this comment

BULLETPROOF420

Posted

You know whats pissing me off. The fact that I took time off work to go to the legends tour and what does great HW do...change the Dates not once but twice now. Your working for a company thats pretty big, so why cant you get your STUFF together and actually set dates you can hold. THIS IS BULL. Was planning on going Sat and Sun, 3 people 6 cars, one to keep one to open. So thanks hot wheels you team that runs the legends tour is great. Maybe they should actually do there jobs before selling cars on ebay. JUST A THOUGHT. So thanks Hot Wheels for the great info.. And thanks for assuming everyone has the weekend off. So, Who ever runs the legends tour vending truck, I really hope your making minimum wage because your efforts aren't worth that.

Share this comment

Who needs this forum update?! When will CWXFR0230E error be fixed?!?!?!?!

Share this comment

every time the site has been updated, so has the shop.
,I'm assuming that will still be the case.
to me, it would not make sence to fix one and not the other.

Share this comment

So I see the message is clear from all the replies; the RLC sale process needs FIXING …. not one reply from Mattel to at least confirm that the MAIN ISSUE will (or will not) be addressed in this UPDATE ... so is anyone at Mattel with any sort of clout\authority actually reading any of these? Makes me wonder … but not surprised if no one is.

Share this comment

Cool. Only one log in per account and device .....nice. I think that was one of the things that really screwed the site up. People opening multiple pages..

Share this comment

happy halloween, hope the new site the HWC comes back soon... starting to go through withdrawl ...good thing I have work to keep me busy. TAZ

Share this comment

9:45 AM on 10/31/2019

Cool. Only one log in per account and device .....nice. I think that was one of the things that really screwed the site up. People opening multiple pages.[/quote]

wont stop people using multiple accounts from using multiple devices. it will just prevent people from opening multiple windows on seperate browsers hoping that one of them will actually work.

Share this comment

True Taz....but I would think they can have one log in per account. But the people with one account that log in 3-10 times on different browsers, devices etc....won't be able to do it ...

Share this comment

LOL, Dar,
thats what I said.
might all be a mute point tho..
since, this is new tech, optomized for mobile. might mean any one with an older system , or device, not using current max speed availability may have issues simply because our tech aint fast enough...
I may be wrong... but after being bit hard by pluck ,I wouldnt be surprised. TAZ

Share this comment