Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Coming Soon: A New HWC/RLC Forum Platform!

By Allen Voivod

Thank you so much for being part of the Hot Wheels collecting community! Your support is greatly appreciated, and we're always looking for opportunities to improve your experiences with us. We're thrilled to announce a coming change – to a newer, more modern, and fully supported forum experience.

On Monday, 10/28 at 12:01am, the forums will shut down and begin the migration to a new provider. With the migration comes a number of significant upgrades, including (but not limited to):

• The forums will be mobile-optimized, for a better experience on phones and tablets.
  • The ability to follow conversations and get updates on new replies has been revamped and improved.
  • Private messaging between forum members will feature a new and easier-to-use interface.

Before October 28th, we recommend that you do the following:

• Save a copy (on your own computer or device) of any messages in your inbox that you want to keep. Messages in your forum mailboxes will not be migrated to the new platform.
  • Download copies of any images from your photo gallery, as a precaution against the unexpected. The plan is for all photos to be preserved, though the photo gallery functionality will be returning at a later date. But we recommend downloading copies of them just in case.

Please note: We expect to go live by 11/8. So it won’t be too long before you can access the new and improved version of the HWC/RLC forums.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Lametroauto648084

Posted

About time you guys do something with your incompetent site. So embarrassing that a place like Mattel has an inferior type of online services. Let's hope I can get my membership cost worth this time.

Share this comment

Really? With ALL the issues with the server and shopping cart every time there is a sale, HWC is more concerned about improving the Forum platform?!?!?!

Share this comment

Awesome always looking positive around here I am ready!

Share this comment

Don't know what to think, I only hope it will make it easier to Purchase things HERE.

Share this comment

You should also fix the situation when ordering a car from the RlC Club, that the system accepts expidited shipping but Hot Wheels does not actually ship express. I paid for 2 day shipping on the Honda s2000 and recieved almost 2 weeks later, i've called Rlc and told them about it a week ago they told me i would be refunded for the shipping and still have not recieved anything. Why would it advertise express shipping and you guys do not ship express. Another RLC FLAW!!!

Share this comment

thanks Allen, this was what pluck offered mattel also. as I recall every one at mattel was jazzed about it too, until it went live.
guess we'll all find out together. TAZ

Share this comment

I think its a great idea and thank you so much!! Charles

Share this comment

Let me see; I've read through all the replies thus far and think; NOT SURE THOUGH; that perhaps members WANT the RLC sales issues fixed first and foremost? But again; I could be wrong …… N O T !!!!!!

MATTEL.... IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THESE REPLIES (I THINK NOT); THEN PLEASE FIX THE RCL SALES ISSUES FIRST ….. NICE PRETTY FORUMS DOES NOT CUT IT.

Share this comment

A99grandprixgtp

Posted

They need to do something, I've been at the check out screen the last three cars and end up getting kicked out or locked out and I missed all 3 cars!

Share this comment

Hopefully these new improvements go better than the last ones.

Share this comment

So we're going to be with out the web site for 9 or 10 days. I just hope that we don't lose all of our important information and our photos,

Share this comment

Ok so they said that they were listening, to what I have no idea, most of us have the same issue being kicked out 8,000 times during a sale while some that have 8,000 memberships get all orders filled, so just how many had issues with the forums and the accessibility with their phones, I have actually purchased cars from my phone from this site and I have a very old version(galaxy 2 )(yeah I know) so from past history I will now longer be able to do this after this Monday, man if it is not broken don't fix it.

Share this comment

Nevermind the forums, the main site needs a big overhaul. I've gotten most of what I want this year, but even when I can check out successfully it's an axiety inducing hassle. Please *please* fix the issues that cause users to get kicked off their accounts trying to add things to their cart, checkout etc.

Share this comment

This would be a great opportunity to release a new hotwheel design to commemorate the new change. Let the members submit names for the new model am the winner or winners are rewarded with the free club membership for the year 2020.

Share this comment

The new car design should be called the Changeling!

Share this comment

why not update the ENTIRE hotwheel collector web page? the buying experience with this website is truly baffling. always inconsistent, servers constantly fail, not able to check out when car is in cart, only to have the car get sold out while trying to sign in a million times just to have it tell me that i "forgot my password". like nobody cares about the forums, update server and get a modern 2019 style website

Share this comment

Thehotwheelguy

Posted

Fix the purchase site. Always have a terrible time with that. It needs to be fix

Share this comment

For the second time, I get to the final stage of check out and guess what SOLD OUT! I have been a member for many years and it really p's me off to get shut out. They KNOW HOW MANY ITEMS THEY HAVE. If they have 5,000 members
and only 2,500 items that REALLY SUCKS, Especially for long time members.
I agree, they need to work on their selling procedures much more than the forums. I am senior and computers are
hard enough for me as it is. It seems every time they improve it gets worse.
Well, guys I have enough to annoy me without a hobby that does, too. So, after all these years this will probably be my last.
Sam F.

Share this comment

And so it begins! Should be interesting. Kind of like being in the Waiting Room...at the hospital.

Share this comment