Mattel Hot Wheels Community
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Coming Soon: A New HWC/RLC Forum Platform!

By Allen Voivod

Thank you so much for being part of the Hot Wheels collecting community! Your support is greatly appreciated, and we're always looking for opportunities to improve your experiences with us. We're thrilled to announce a coming change – to a newer, more modern, and fully supported forum experience.

On Monday, 10/28 at 12:01am, the forums will shut down and begin the migration to a new provider. With the migration comes a number of significant upgrades, including (but not limited to):

• The forums will be mobile-optimized, for a better experience on phones and tablets.
  • The ability to follow conversations and get updates on new replies has been revamped and improved.
  • Private messaging between forum members will feature a new and easier-to-use interface.

Before October 28th, we recommend that you do the following:

• Save a copy (on your own computer or device) of any messages in your inbox that you want to keep. Messages in your forum mailboxes will not be migrated to the new platform.
  • Download copies of any images from your photo gallery, as a precaution against the unexpected. The plan is for all photos to be preserved, though the photo gallery functionality will be returning at a later date. But we recommend downloading copies of them just in case.

Please note: We expect to go live by 11/8. So it won’t be too long before you can access the new and improved version of the HWC/RLC forums.

HWC Staff
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Issues:
- Website goes down during RLC Sale
- People can't login to their accounts
- Weird issues with Credit Card and Address not showing up
- People getting kicked out saying they're not RLC Members

Mattel
- We'll give you shiny new "forums"
- Mobile optimized "forums"
- You'll be able to play tic-tac-toe with other members via PM

Sounds great! Looks like Mattel is listening people. :)

Share this comment

good job mattel, you hired 1 more person.

Share this comment

Nice but I wish you would update your server so I could have a fighting chance @ buying cars...

Share this comment

Oh Great! ... Here we go again, Another upgrade that does not work, is not user friendly and most will hate.

Share this comment

You cannot get this website to do a proper RLC sale. Need to spend some money and time to get the RLC sales days working properly. It's a little much when you have to re-sign in about 10 times while trying to check out. Mattel did not even send me a notice of the last pink VW sale. Put the RLC sales on a separate site and let the forum, (I do not use) have their own site.

Share this comment

STEVEEDWARDS47879

Posted

Thank you and hope it works better

Share this comment

Hey Everybody! (RLC Members):
If we're not careful, Mattel might make the next Special RLC Tuesday car "The WAHHHMBULANCE",
based on the "GhostBusters" casting!......

Share this comment

Wow. Just wow! Cany believe beerchamp isstill at it.

Share this comment

Here's a novel idea... forget about the forums FIX YOUR RLC ONLINE ORDERING ISSUES!!! HELLoooOOOOoooooo

Share this comment

Triple wow for the continued ban on the word Don y.

Share this comment

How about avoiding the online cart shopping and go old school mail in with a printable order form and produce 18000 RLC per sale per member? and update the forum after. Attaching photos with mobile apps are very difficult at times.

Share this comment

Please send an email when the site is available again... I doni plan to log in daily to find it's not up and running....

Share this comment

Why don't you fix your entire web site, " add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, back to waiting room, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, add to cart, sign in, sold out"...

Share this comment

Your site is a complete joke and you want to fix forums. Really people ! Fix your RLC sale window before you lose more members. In so sick of waiting for the sale to be kicked out 29 times then told our site is down then sale is over. Yeah that's real fun for us. Until you fix that I have nothing good to say about you . The complaints are off the charts but you continue to run business as usual. ☹

Share this comment

I preffer if you work in fix your internal server problems. I already miss 3 sales and looks that nothing change

Share this comment

I would rather see improvments in the shop for sale days

Share this comment

It has to be a wait and see. We all remember that last move "to a newer, more modern, and fully supported experience". I'm still here but that ballyhooed upgrade sure didn't meet expectations.

Share this comment

It would be nice to be treated as a valued customer instead of just a number easily replaced by someone else. Feels like my chances of winning the lottery are better than purchasing on sale days but we do get to read about some that buy all they want so I guess I should not be sour. How soon can I send money to renew membership?

Share this comment

Trailhoes7314

Posted

So will the entire website be down until the 8th or just the forums? Will that affect the sale of the raptor?

Share this comment

There are obviously more than 10,000 people trying to buy cars at the same exact time... that means every sale on here is like black friday at Walmart and everyone still complains about the ordering process. At least they are trying to make improvements to the site!

Share this comment